GDT: Arch Baron Cup Rd 1

wgstl

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-so if you're Grant you full court press to wear us out, right? even if not an SVU strength I expect to see this -our counter is depth

They don't have enough players to full court press.  Crutcher and Watson are already playing 40 minutes as it is.  They want to turn this into a half court execution contest and hang around long enough for Crutcher to live up to his nickname.

We're the ones who want to speed it up and jump on them early.

Anything less than 20 point margin is a disappointment. Dayton has three good players. No depth. And the luster wore off pretty early when they couldn't close out Fordham. Crutcher is shooting well but he's not a volume scorer. 18/4/4.5 is a nice seasons with 52/43/77 splits, but he's not a first-team with those numbers on that team. 

Get a lead, get Jordy in foul trouble or expose him, and let Perkins cook. 

Dayton is playing 3 seniors, 1 transfer and 5 freshmen.  Three of the freshmen will draw some attention in tonight's game. 

6'10" Amzil has been with the program for a month and is averaging 11 and 5.  As a newbie to the Flyers, he has been somewhat inconsistent, scoring 22 against LaSalle and 0 against VCU.  Half his shots are behind the arc.  He still doesn't have the feel for the defensive side of the game, so we need to exploit that weakness.

Nwokeji is a 6'7" forward that has been playing some in the post for the Flyers.  His season somewhat parallels Hargrove's frosh season.  Nwokeji played only garbage time in the first 4 games, not scoring, but since then is averaging 8 ppg since then.  He gives the Flyers a different, quicker but lighter look inside.  

Sissoko is a 6'9", 250 lb power player.  If I'm Grant, I put him in for a few shifts primarily to foul French. He doesn't score much, but has shown he can defend and get physical. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Dayton is playing 3 seniors, 1 transfer and 5 freshmen.  Three of the freshmen will draw some attention in tonight's game. 

6'10" Amzil has been with the program for a month and is averaging 11 and 5.  As a newbie to the Flyers, he has been somewhat inconsistent, scoring 22 against LaSalle and 0 against VCU.  Half his shots are behind the arc.  He still doesn't have the feel for the defensive side of the game, so we need to exploit that weakness.

Nwokeji is a 6'7" forward that has been playing some in the post for the Flyers.  His season somewhat parallels Hargrove's frosh season.  Nwokeji played only garbage time in the first 4 games, not scoring, but since then is averaging 8 ppg since then.  He gives the Flyers a different, quicker but lighter look inside.  

Sissoko is a 6'9", 250 lb power player.  If I'm Grant, I put him in for a few shifts primarily to foul French. He doesn't score much, but has shown he can defend and get physical. 

Not a single chance Amzil is 6’10.

I would liken Amzil’s game to a Cody Ellis without the baby fat. 

33 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

So after browsing the CBS sports website and the CBS sports app, signing in with a TV provider and streaming is more complicated than any other streaming service I’ve ever seen. 

CBS has been glacial in adapting to the digital age whole century so far

hmart23 likes this