2020-2021 NCAA Net Rankings

courtside

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

@Frazyes our NC State win is stuck in Q3 wedged between our Rhode Island and Indiana State wins.   Slim chance that will elevate to Q2 (would have to beat VA and VA Tech), but no chance will it slip to Q4.

Loyola in the top 10 with a loss to Indiana State.. Ramblers running the table in the Valley will help 

HoosierPal likes this

VCU up to 32. 35 is a nice place to be and I think if SLU routes Dayton and Lasalle, and splits VCU/Richmond, the committee will likely see the post-COVID funk for what it was. Going 3-2 in the next probably plants SLU on the bubble and will require some wins in the A-10 tourney. 

Bonnies are in a more precarious position, as they probably need to win the next 3 to feel safe going into Brooklyn. 

4 hours ago, Crewsorlose said:

VCU up to 32. 35 is a nice place to be and I think if SLU routes Dayton and Lasalle, and splits VCU/Richmond, the committee will likely see the post-COVID funk for what it was. Going 3-2 in the next probably plants SLU on the bubble and will require some wins in the A-10 tourney. 

Bonnies are in a more precarious position, as they probably need to win the next 3 to feel safe going into Brooklyn. 

Is Crutcher not going to play? He owns us.  I would be highly satisfied with him missing a last second shot, or Perkins hitting a last second shot for a Billiken win. 

That stretch, at Dayton, at VCU and Richmond at home is huge.  We need 2 of 3, and of course prefer 3 of 3.  We still may have a return to Olean.  It is floating on our schedule. 

LaSalle is a must win.  We blow that game (or the George Mason 3/2 game) and none of this matters.

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Is Crutcher not going to play? He owns us.  I would be highly satisfied with him missing a last second shot, or Perkins hitting a last second shot for a Billiken win. 

That stretch, at Dayton, at VCU and Richmond at home is huge.  We need 2 of 3, and of course prefer 3 of 3.  We still may have a return to Olean.  It is floating on our schedule. 

LaSalle is a must win.  We blow that game (or the George Mason 3/2 game) and none of this matters.

The most recent game was tough to take, but it was our first came after COVID. We of course remember the home game last year, but in the game @Dayton last year he was 4-13 and 1-5 from 3 with 4 assists. 

In 2018-19 we played them three times. He scored 11, 17, 18 and we won 2 of 3. Anything short of a dominant victory @Dayton will be a disappointment to me. 

16 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Taj, HoosierPal is saying that he doesn't think there's any way the Bills can rout Dayton with Crutcher playing.

Right now , I am showing The Bills over Day by 1...In the game at RI tomorrow, I have RI  by 3 over Day. If Day beats RI  tomorrow , our game on Fri  would be close to a tossup.   The Bills routing Dayton seems unlikely at this point.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

In 2019 NC State NET 33 and Clemson NET 35 were the 2 highest ranked NET teams not to make the tournament.

Part of the reason I find it incredibly unlikely A10 gets more than 2 in.

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

In 2019 NC State NET 33 and Clemson NET 35 were the 2 highest ranked NET teams not to make the tournament.

The problem there was that the teams didn't have wining records in conference, which the committee likes to see. If SLu drops one to VCU or Richmond they'd end the season 7-3.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Part of the reason I find it incredibly unlikely A10 gets more than 2 in.

Belmont 47 and Temple 53 got in.  Texas got left out with a NET of 38.  

At least in 2019 the P5 got more screwed based on their NET rankings than programs outside the P5.  The Big East’s St. John’s was the one big head scratcher for teams that got in based on NET ranking alone at 73, but they had 5 Q1 wins.

With the Bills at A- ....that is good for a bid (90% chance of making it)

There are 3 B+ teams...Rich , VCU and St. B....The chances of making it as a B+ team are about 1 in 3 ...which means 1 of these teams would make it.

As a side note...I am still showing Davidson has a chance too.  Not as good a chance as the above 4....but they are still within striking distance.

-I guess it's the ingrained life of Billiken fans but talk about losing games in conference is nonsensical from my view, we are not going to lose

-and when things go as I see it, the lowest seed we will be is 7 and I think 5 is more likely and I am not putting a ceiling on how high we can get

NET ranking up to 31. Highest in the conference. KenPom up to 37, also highest in the A-10. If you take out the two post-COVID games, this is a top 20 team by almost every metric. Of the last four games, two are Q 2 and one is Q 1. Win all four and the Bills probably looking at a 7 or 8 seed in most brackets and comfortably in the tourney. 

Meanwhile, goofs at ESPN list Hyland and Crutcher as front-runners for A-10 POY. Bulletin-board material for Friday. 

9 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

NET ranking up to 31. Highest in the conference. KenPom up to 37, also highest in the A-10. If you take out the two post-COVID games, this is a top 20 team by almost every metric. Of the last four games, two are Q 2 and one is Q 1. Win all four and the Bills probably looking at a 7 or 8 seed in most brackets and comfortably in the tourney. 

Meanwhile, goofs at ESPN list Hyland and Crutcher as front-runners for A-10 POY. Bulletin-board material for Friday. 

I think we may get a better seed than 7/8 if we win the next 4.  I think we are back in the top 25 if we run the table.  Would be very difficult, but not impossible.  Our destiny is in our own hands and you can't ask for more than that at this point.

willie likes this

5 minutes ago, joe_davola said:

I think we may get a better seed than 7/8 if we win the next 4.  I think we are back in the top 25 if we run the table.  Would be very difficult, but not impossible.  Our destiny is in our own hands and you can't ask for more than that at this point.

image.png.c6863b87167233b9744c311345e2e111.png

joe_davola likes this

The announcers last night said if the Bills win out then one has to ask if going to the conf tourney has any advantage.  They had a point.  Why risk being exposed for no real reason.  We would be in the tourney without the conf. tourney.  Where you are seeded has some advantages but honestly in this season it may not be that critical - just get in and then win