The Bills over Duq by 13

The Wiz

43 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Understanding that reading comprehension has never been a strong suite of this board ......

Where it came from and who screwed the pooch on this was not the issue here.  What I have issue with again is the world's most advanced medical communities being completely in the dark on the virus' capabilities and proper mitigation methods.  I'd probably be more satisfied if guys and gals like Fauci and Birx threw their hands up and said "I don't know" as opposed to what they think might or might not happen.  China hasn't reported a single new case in Wuhan province for over 200 days according to the news last night.  Not that I believe that.  Sweden seemed to have large success with herd immunity.  Do I believe that?  I don't know there just doesn't seemed to be a real solid clue from any corner of the medical world and that's what frustrates and confuses me most.

Vaccines are the current state of the art in virus mitigation.  Thank God we live in a period where medical knowledge is so advanced that we can create and mass produce them.  For 99.999% of human history, we didn't.

BilliesBy40 and RUBillsFan like this

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we’ve screwed the pooch .... how can we not go back and figure out how?  Ford had everybody quarantined over Christmas and this morning BINGO! Shut down til mid-January.  How did that happen?  Who is positive?  I don’t need to know but someone will know and the great contact-tracing game should lead somewhere right?  Who went where and did what?  I’d like to know just so I know what NOT to do.  

Nowhere can I find how someone gets this thing.  Again, I don’t want it but we have millions getting it and short of the golly-gee-whiz volume of numbers, there is never a storyline of who got it how.  Such a story would be news to me and must reading.

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Now that we’ve screwed the pooch .... how can we not go back and figure out how?  Ford had everybody quarantined over Christmas and this morning BINGO! Shut down til mid-January.  How did that happen?  Who is positive?  I don’t need to know but someone will know and the great contact-tracing game should lead somewhere right?  Who went where and did what?  I’d like to know just so I know what NOT to do.  

I do not know about xmas, but up to that point, players were allowed to hangout with their girlfriends. 

We also dont know if players or coaches even have it. Theres a chance it was the managers, and the players and coaches tested negative. 

Im not sure if we'll ever know who or how.  

9 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Nowhere can I find how someone gets this thing.  Again, I don’t want it but we have millions getting it and short of the golly-gee-whiz volume of numbers, there is never a storyline of who got it how.  Such a story would be news to me and must reading.

Gi Showers and Code Reds for those responsible!

What I don't understand is the different restrictions between football and basketball. Football teams would have cases but would continue to play unless the numbers were too large. In basketball if anyone seems to be infected everything seems to get shut. what's the rational? 

dennis_w likes this

1 hour ago, willie said:

What I don't understand is the different restrictions between football and basketball. Football teams would have cases but would continue to play unless the numbers were too large. In basketball if anyone seems to be infected everything seems to get shut. what's the rational? 

Outdoor vs indoor is the most reasonable logical answer, but the real answer is probably the schools want that sweet sweet football $ and there are a lot fewer games so they can't afford to just cancel them.

1 hour ago, willie said:

Because in football there are a lot of separate units. They can keep track of what units faced other units.  

I was watching Umass last night and the announcers said Kolt Mitchell was not at the game due to COVID protocols.  The Clemson offensive coordinator tested positive and won’t be at tomorrow’s game.  Jay Wright tested positive and all Nova shut down.  Ben Roethlisberger tests “positive” on Tuesday but is cleared on a Saturday.  The whole thing is so fouked no one knows which end is up.

I just think that given what the Bills were doing, if contact tracing were ever to have a chance and be real, it would work in this case.  

AGB91 likes this

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

I was watching Umass last night and the announcers said Kolt Mitchell was not at the game due to COVID protocols.  The Clemson offensive coordinator tested positive and won’t be at tomorrow’s game.  Jay Wright tested positive and all Nova shut down.  Ben Roethlisberger tests “positive” on Tuesday but is cleared on a Saturday.  The whole thing is so fouked no one knows which end is up.

I just think that given what the Bills were doing, if contact tracing were ever to have a chance and be real, it would work in this case.  

Taj nothing about the whole last 10 months has made sense.   dont try to make any sense out of it now.   my guess it isnt stopping anytime soon either.   and for all the wrong reason imo.   i'll stop.