GDT: Boo the Roos

Bills By 40

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Fun fact:  McKissic played that well despite the fact his new Coach wants to play his recruits over Brandon.  Brandon was playing on the scout team in practice leading up to yesterday's game 😁😁.  

Brandon played 39 minutes last night. His coach must not want to play the new guys that badly.

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Stay tuned lol

So you're saying he played because it was Saint Louis (and St. Louis) and he's related to a star  Billiken? And he won't be playing going forward? I mean I don't have a dog in this fight, but he seemed to be a big part of that team.

You're obviously connected and have inside info, so I won't be surprised if you're right. But most coaches want to keep their jobs, which means playing those that can win. So I find it odd, especially with a senior who's been mainly a starter since freshman year.

1 hour ago, White Pelican said:

So you're saying he played because it was Saint Louis (and St. Louis) and he's related to a star  Billiken? And he won't be playing going forward? I mean I don't have a dog in this fight, but he seemed to be a big part of that team.

You're obviously connected and have inside info, so I won't be surprised if you're right. But most coaches want to keep their jobs, which means playing those that can win. So I find it odd, especially with a senior who's been mainly a starter since freshman year.

I understand.  From the outside looking in I would have the same viewpoint.  

39 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yuri and McKissic would be one of the top 3 backcourts in the A10 on day one.

First - I love McKissic.  He's from my hometown.  He starred at my high school where he was coached by my childhood idol.  He is a very very good basketball player and a great Summit League player.  It was a blast watching him and Goodwin go toe to toe.  I would absolutely take him on the Billikens.

Second - I do not think he is a great A10 player.  He could fit a role for SLU off the bench as a shooter / scorer.  He has been turnover prone at UMKC which is understandable because he does everything for them as their best player.  I expect with SLU he would handle the ball a lot less and get less shot attempts.  If he'd  be fine with that role, he'd be a welcome depth addition.  I wouldn't necessarily want him in place of any guards in our current rotation, but I would certainly take him over a non-elite freshman recruit.

44 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Yuri and McKissic would be one of the top 3 backcourts in the A10 on day one.

So would Yuri and Jacobs. Or Jimerson. (Not trying to discount McKissic, but the combination of Yuri being possibly the best PG in the league next year, along with the lack of good young guards in the league, make it us regardless)

CBFan likes this

7 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

So would Yuri and Jacobs. Or Jimerson. (Not trying to discount McKissic, but the combination of Yuri being possibly the best PG in the league next year, along with the lack of good young guards in the league, make it us regardless)

Good guard combos on other A10 teams.  I wouldn't necessarily take them over Yuri + Jacobs, but I wouldn't say the A10 lacks good young guards:

VCU: Bones Hyland & Adrian Clark

UMass: Noah Fernandes and Javohn Garcia

Bona: Kyle Lofton & Dominick Welch

Mason: Jamal Hartwell & Tyler Kolek (this is a bit of a stretch, but Kolek has the look of a guy who is going to piss me off by scoring way more points than he should vs SLU in the future)

55 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

McKissic is better at creating his own shot than Jacobs.  That would take some of the weight of that responsibility off of Yuri next year.  This year, especially at the end of the games, that weight is shouldered mostly by Perkins.

VCU basically has a Yuri clone at point guard and Bones Hyland already putting up 18 ppg.  I've got no problem with anointing them as the best backcourt in the A10 next year.

RUBillsFan likes this