Attendance? SLU/Brian Kunderman do you have a response?

Cowboy

Attended the Mizzou-Bradley game on Tuesday. They have maybe 25% capacity. Cheerleaders are spread out in what I assume was the student section. Tillmon is still a tool. Columbia is still a shithole. And the mizzou campus is garbage. 

Good on the athletic department allowing family members at Chaifetz. 

Spoon-Balls likes this

4 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Interesting - did anyone else get this email?

Here is the main body:

Today, I am writing to give you an update on the current attendance policies at Chaifetz Arena for men’s and women’s basketball games. Thanks to a continued open dialogue between the Saint Louis University athletic department, the Saint Louis University leadership, and City of St. Louis public health officials, we are happy to announce that a limited number of attendees will be admitted into Chaifetz Arena for men’s and women’s basketball games.

To start, we are pleased that the families of our student-athletes and staff will be allowed to attend games. They have sacrificed so much over the last several months, and it was important to us to make sure that our student-athletes had the opportunity to play in front of their loved ones.

Next, at this time, a limited number of season ticket holders have been approved to attend games. The criteria for attending games will be based off of Billiken Club priority points. A member of the Billiken Athletics staff will contact you if you meet the priority point criteria to attend games. Please note that at this time there will also be no public ticket sales for games at Chaifetz Arena – tickets will only be issued once contact is made with the account holder. 

We understand that a number of season ticket holders and fans will not be able to attend games at Chaifetz Arena during this stage. Our No. 1 objective during this time of challenge has been – and will continue to be – the safety and well-being of Billiken student-athletes, staff, and community. We will continue to engage with SLU leadership and City of St. Louis officials to ensure safety protocols are in place. Capacity limits at Chaifetz Arena will remain fluid throughout the year, and we will communicate any changes to you as soon as they are made.   

I got the e-mail but if Roy does not get an invitation then I won’t.

It will be nice to hear a few people cheering our team.  We need their voice for the Dukes.

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

What about students?

Personally I think students should be the first to be able to go back to games.

They are on break right now until the end of January I think.  But probably would always go with those who give money to the program first.  I do agree though that they can really make the game day atmosphere.  

37 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

They are on break right now until the end of January I think.  But probably would always go with those who give money to the program first.  I do agree though that they can really make the game day atmosphere.  

I agree it makes more financial sense to go with bigger boosters and I understand that is important right now, I would just like to see college kids with an opportunity to be college kids for a few hours a week.

NoCoBillsFan likes this

The idea about students seems to presuppose they will be able to go to a game, stand in a single section and make a lot of noise together doing all those things the student section is known for that makes the game day atmosphere. The truth is none of that can happen.

JMM28 likes this

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

We’re on break until January 28th. I definitely see why big donors would be prioritized, but at the same time we’re paying close to 60k a year to attend SLU. I think that we deserve some priority too, especially considering that we’ve already lost almost a year of our college experience to this point.  

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

There is absolutely no way of knowing that the two are connected at all.  My guess is that the program having positive tests after 1 game of "fans" (family, etc.) in the arena means that it is very very unlikely we'll see normal fans at games anytime this season.

Huh? I’m sure the school can do contract tracing and determine if somehow the two are linked together. But I doubt it.

Which means this two week set-back doesn’t make fans in the stands “very very unlikely”