GDT: Au Revoir Gopher

Littlebill

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, slufan13 said:

I'm not sure if Minnesota is good but they played pretty well tonight. We had some good stretches but too many breakdowns on both ends of the court. 

Time to run the table in A10 play. This team is good enough 

I don't think Minnesota will prove to be that good, is a middler at best in the Big Ten, a bubble NCAA Tournament team.  However, the Canadian Carr is a very good player, scored 32 points tonight.

It's tough to win when the home opponent shoots 41 free throws and makes 34.  SLU was 12-17, thus was outscored by 22 points at the free throw line.  

3 minutes ago, Fan Guy said:

I’m confused by some posters tonight. The committee the overvalues P5 schools especially the Big 10 but when we loose to one it is a bad loss?

The committee overvaules the teams in the top half, but teams in the celler dont get that treatment.  Minnesota will most likely be one of those teams. Im not saying they are a bad team, im saying they will likely finish around .500.  If you think SLU is in fact the real deal, you will find this loss hard to swollow. On a normal year id say, tough loss. 

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

yes it will.  I said early on, LSU was more important than this game, and when NC state was added that never changed.  I get its a road game which adds an elememt but this minnesota team isnt very good and will finish near last 

I’m not so sure about that. But one thing’s for sure it beats losing to some OVC type team. 

22 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

True. Thatch played great D on the traps. It doesn’t have to be either or with Thatch and Jimerson. 

The problem is the combination of Thatch and Jacobs was leading to great D. 
One of them has to sit if Jimerson comes in.

Im not sure what the right answer but I guess it obviously wasn’t  the option they choose.

Just now, dlarry said:

Yeah I’m not sure what the answer is.

They kept getting stop after stop. I thought they would get a few transition buckets from the D but it never happened.

I would have liked them to get it down to French a few more times instead of driving in recklessly.

At the time I though for sure that lineup was going to get us the lead but it never happened.

Not saying it was you ... but just last game we had posters saying we needed to quit feeding French and letting him force shots up inside.  Anytime something bad happens people have to pick out one thing they didn't like and exaggerate how bad it was. 

3star_recruit likes this

5 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Needed more Linssen — but with more taking it to the defenders' chests.  Then again, the officiating wasn't going to allow anything the Bills tried to be successful.  The Big 10 dictated that the conference wasn't going to lose this one.

I think this is the most important factor between the two halves. First half we fed the inside game. Second half we abandoned it almost completely. Very frustrating knowing that was such a big weakness of theirs. 

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

I’m not so sure about that. But one thing’s for sure it beats losing to some OVC type team. 

well sure.

I can sleep with these losses.  but the importance of being ranked is far more than what some on thisboard think, and thats what hurts

I was wrong, we lost this game. It was a good fight and I think the Refs added their weight and tilted the score. BUT they succeeded in blocking some of our scorers and our 3 point shots and we did not. Be what it may, we lost after fighting to the end. Too bad, now let's get together and get ready to defeat the A10.

drkelsey55 likes this

9 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

You clearly watched a different game than I did. Agree a bit defensively, probably not his best game and a couple of bad fouls especially the last 1 but he had 7 assists and 2 t/o's how many t/o's do you think he should have had? I certainly don't think he was out of control. 

He was constantly falling over and on the ground...  too much dribbling... he should never foul out. Overmatched.

30 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This is also a massive blow to our potential seed in the Tournament.

We don't need to follow the rankings for the foreseeable future, either. We haven't beaten a ranked team and don't play any ranked teams the rest of the season. Not a good formula for being ranked at any point.

We play Richmond, who should be ranked after a couple of losses by teams in the 18-25 range this week 

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

Absolutely no chance this is considered a bad loss come tourney time. Forget place in the Big 10 where do you guys thing Minn will end the year as far as net ranking goes? 

Minn 25 Slu 26

1 minute ago, ChiBilliken14 said:

I think this is the most important factor between the two halves. First half we fed the inside game. Second half we abandoned it almost completely. Very frustrating knowing that was such a big weakness of theirs. 

We still tried the inside but with our guards not the bigs. Our strength should be go the inside if it’s not there kick it out. Anyone see a lot of kickouts tonite? 

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

We play Richmond, who should be ranked after a couple of losses by teams in the 18-25 range this week 

We could still scrape in at the bottom. 

If Minnesota is not good then we are not either. They are solid and will win some games coming up. They hit 7 3s in the 1st half and we couldn’t get our 2 snipers going. Games will happen like this it just sucks because it was winnable. I’ll be over it sometime Tuesday.

rgbilliken and Bills By 40 like this