GDT: Au Revoir Gopher

Littlebill

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Lol. Totally different because teams like SLU have quality wins against good teams. College football has issues, specifically with scheduling imbalance, but the best 4 teams got in this season. I watched Cincy struggle to beat a pretty good Tulsa team last night. They aren’t one of the best 4 teams.

You're mistaking me for a college football fan. I think it's a dumb sport with a horrible system. I don't care what happens in CFB. My point is that there are 4 playoff spots and 5 power conferences. If people thought that any team outside those conferences would ever have a fair chance of playing for a title, they're sorely mistaken.

Even though the system around college basketball is much fairer, there's still a huge bias toward the more established, wealthy programs. This one loss could cost SLU multiple levels in seeding. Minnesota could lose the next 6 games but win most of the back half of its conference schedule and they're going to get a decent seed.

Just now, JettFlight5 said:

This will be a bad loss in the future. 

90 points allowed...not good. 

yes it will.  I said early on, LSU was more important than this game, and when NC state was added that never changed.  I get its a road game which adds an elememt but this minnesota team isnt very good and will finish near last 

Just now, BilliesBy40 said:

We were never going undefeated and at least this is a road loss against a solid team. On to the conference season. Let’s regroup and reel off some Ws.

Exactly my thoughts. I predict UM wont be last in big10, and I bet they get 1 or 2 top25 wins in their upcoming schedule at home.  SLU will be just fine. We just lost out on top25 next week. Oh well, we'll keep getting votes and slowly creep back up.

13 minutes ago, bamjam said:

Out of control... no factor on defense... turnovers...

You clearly watched a different game than I did. Agree a bit defensively, probably not his best game and a couple of bad fouls especially the last 1 but he had 7 assists and 2 t/o's how many t/o's do you think he should have had? I certainly don't think he was out of control. 

21 minutes ago, brianstl said:

But you you got to score to curly the lead

Yeah I’m not sure what the answer is.

They kept getting stop after stop. I thought they would get a few transition buckets from the D but it never happened.

I would have liked them to get it down to French a few more times instead of driving in recklessly.

At the time I though for sure that lineup was going to get us the lead but it never happened.