GDT: Au Revoir Gopher

Littlebill

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ARon said:

When Goodwin, Collins, even Perkins decide they are going to try and make something happen even when the defense has them dead to rights.  

If it results in shooting over 50% from the field and assists on 13/18 buckets with 40 points in a half on the road against a top 25 Big 10 team. 

Just curious about how many times you feel that happened? 

7 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Explain hero ball on offense? 

I agree with this questioning.  I am one to often think Ford teams play too much hero ball.  But there is tons of ball movement in this game.

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Like the last game, we need a second-half wake-up from Perkins. He has 2 at half.

Minnesota has attempted 16 3-pointers; we've attempted 5. Would like to see GJ get some looks this half.

We have to expect the officiating to still be tilted against us. Just have to be disciplined.

I actually think GJ is a liability on defense tonight.

id rather have thatch in tonight 

billikenbill likes this

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

We are a heck of an offensive team but we gave up way too many open looks in that half defensively 

They game planned for the chances we take defensively and are executing that game plan.  We need to adjust and be much more selective when it comes to taking chances like jumping the passing lane early.

They also doubled Carr at half court near the end of the half causing him to give up the ball.  Good strategy as he stirs their whole offense.  Thatch working wonders.  On Curry rolls, the second off man must get there but that opens us to three balls.

2 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I agree with this questioning.  I am one to often think Ford teams play too much hero ball.  But there is tons of ball movement in this game.

I don't like the concept. It's only called hero ball when a guy misses when he pushes the issue and makes the shot it's a great shot. It's basketball we want to push the ball and allow good players to make plays. In the end we shot over 50% from the field with 13 assists on 18 fg's.  That's why I'm curious as to how many times that happened. It's not hero ball it's the intended way the Bills play offense. Players make plays

4 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I don't like the concept. It's only called hero ball when a guy misses when he pushes the issue and makes the shot it's a great shot. It's basketball we want to push the ball and allow good players to make plays. In the end we shot over 50% from the field with 13 assists on 18 fg's.  That's why I'm curious as to how many times that happened. It's not hero ball it's the intended way the Bills play offense. Players make plays

I am not sure if it can be really quantified for the points you raise.  I agree at times, it can be schemed to have more isolation and a single player driving/pushing.  Hero ball is probably a general consistency when a player is clearly not looking to look for an open man or run an offense on multiple plays. The best example of it in the Ford era I can think of is pretty much how Isabell played on a regular basis.  A lot of the times that was not schemed.