Thatch Granted Waiver

GBL_Bills

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

To answer the question about who takes Goodwin's role next year: Yuri Collins.  This year it's Goodwin's team next year it'll be Yuri's.  He will score more, guys who were just bench players will become starters and score more, guys who aren't even playing now will replace those bench players.  

Every time our seniors graduate there's much hand wringing about how we can never replace them.  I'm not sure why. If you've recruited well the youngsters who are already on the team will replace them.  That doesn't mean stat for stat replacement.  The scoring, rebounding and assist distribution will be different.  

Man, 3star, you're on fire today — just like the Bills will be at Minnesota tonight.

Reinert310 likes this

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

To answer the question about who takes Goodwin's role next year: Yuri Collins.  This year it's Goodwin's team next year it'll be Yuri's.  He will score more, guys who were just bench players will become starters and score more, guys who aren't even playing now will replace those bench players.  

Every time our seniors graduate there's much hand wringing about how we can never replace them.  I'm not sure why. If you've recruited well the youngsters who are already on the team will replace them.  That doesn't mean stat for stat replacement.  The scoring, rebounding and assist distribution will be different.  

Exactly. I probably did a bad job explaining. Thank you 3 star. I think you’re right that this will become Yuri’s team once JGood is gone. I was just saying Thatch could end up being a similar type player to JGood.

Fred Thatch is a really nice player, with a lot of upside. He's a favorite of mine and I assume anyone associated with the program. He play's extremely hard. Will do great things.  SLU is better for having him. That was not the childish argument I was a part of. 

38 minutes ago, DOC said:

Fred Thatch is a really nice player, with a lot of upside. He's a favorite of mine and I assume anyone associated with the program. He play's extremely hard. Will do great things.  SLU is better for having him. That was not the childish argument I was a part of. My apologies.

Lol.

I think Ford should have turned to Fred a little earlier in the game when Carr was going off. The good news in an otherwise disappointing game is that it was a bit of Fred's coming out party. I think Ford will turn to him sooner to be a defensive stopper against the likes of Crutcher, and Weathers.

billiken_roy likes this

28 minutes ago, ACE said:

I think Ford should have turned to Fred a little earlier in the game when Carr was going off. The good news in an otherwise disappointing game is that it was a bit of Fred's coming out party. I think Ford will turn to him sooner to be a defensive stopper against the likes of Crutcher, and Weathers.

We didn't slow down Carr until we started doubling him FWIW

9 hours ago, DOC said:

Thought you blocked me Mr. Amicable?   You just can’t say anything that sticks. Lol

I normally don’t enjoy reading posts of people fighting on this board, but this has been entertaining. It is like a ‘slap-fight’ in digital form. I feel like a librarian needs to show up and twist both of your ears to make it stop.

4 minutes ago, slusam said:

Thatch slowed him down in the first half. In fact they put up a stat showing how much he scored in the first 4 minutes and how little the next 12

That is correct. It was a big difference. Whether man to man or zone, the defense was just better with Fred in the game. 

I'm just going off the eye test and I'm sure there will be somebody crunching numbers to show I was wrong 😉

Billiken Rich likes this