The Wiz's Top 25....12/18/20

The Wiz

We could wait around till Monday for the AP Poll...but why wait.  I have the data...Let's roll.

First , a few points....This list is based on the computer models, I use to forecast games. There is nothing subjective about this. These are the best 25 teams. There will be no Duke or Mich St on the list...not because I dislike them but because at this point in time...they are not good enough to be on the list.  Other teams on the list may leave you scratching your head...why are they on the list?....because they have something good going on...Maybe there isn't room on the AP because they have to save spots for old favorites. On my list there is only one way to get on ...that is to earn it with the numbers.

Again, like all my other forecasts , this becomes better and more meaningful as teams reach 8+ games.

It's been awhile since I have done this...Crews 1st year.  I think this is  the 1st time the Bills have made it on to my list since then. I will make a new list after each game provided the Bills continue to stay on my Top 25. Here we go....

1....Iowa

2...Gonz

3 Baylor

4...Houston

5...Va

6...Illini

7...Tenn

8...Fla St.

9...Kansas

10...Nova

11...WVU

12...Louisville

13...Mich

14...Ark

15...Tex Tech

16...Ind

17...Wisc

18...THE BILLS

19...SD St

20...LSU

21...Md

22...Syr

23...Rutgers

24...Tex

25...NC St.

14 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

We could wait around till Monday for the AP Poll...but why wait.  I have the data...Let's roll.

First , a few points....This list is based on the computer models, I use to forecast games. There is nothing subjective about this. These are the best 25 teams. There will be no Duke or Mich St on the list...not because I dislike them but because at this point in time...they are not good enough to be on the list.  Other teams on the list may leave you scratching your head...why are they on the list?....because they have something good going on...Maybe there isn't room on the AP because they have to save spots for old favorites. On my list there is only one way to get on ...that is to earn it with the numbers.

Again, like all my other forecasts , this becomes better and more meaningful as teams reach 8+ games.

It's been awhile since I have done this...Crews 1st year.  I think this is  the 1st time the Bills have made it on to my list since then. I will make a new list after each game provided the Bills continue to stay on my Top 25. Here we go....

1....Iowa

2...Gonz

3 Baylor

4...Houston

5...Va

6...Illini

7...Tenn

8...Fla St.

9...Kansas

10...Nova

11...WVU

12...Louisville

13...Mich

14...Ark

15...Tex Tech

16...Ind

17...Wisc

18...THE BILLS

19...SD St

20...LSU

21...Md

22...Syr

23...Rutgers

24...Tex

25...NC St.

Hey Wiz, not a criticism, but I couldn’t help but notice that a certain team 2 hours to the west was absent from your list. It doesn’t bother me at all, just wondering how far off they are.

10 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Hey Wiz, not a criticism, but I couldn’t help but notice that a certain team 2 hours to the west was absent from your list. It doesn’t bother me at all, just wondering how far off they are.

Assuming you are not talking about Stephens College....not close.....#44

28 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Assuming you are not talking about Stephens College....not close.....#44

My Stephens College question was next lol. Also curious if/how much SDSU’s loss to BYU tonight effects these rankings.

BYU is not on the top 25 list. If they beat SDSU significantly over the spread, SDSU will go down, perhaps below the top 25 if they were beaten badly. Someone else will come up, maybe into the top 25 if they are close to it. SDSU is below SLU so there will be little effect at our level. It is interesting to see how the rankings fluctuate.

57 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

My Stephens College question was next lol. Also curious if/how much SDSU’s loss to BYU tonight effects these rankings.

Even though BYU is a good team( A- ) this is a costly loss to SDSt ( A ).   I showed SDSt over BYU by 9 ..SD was at home....They will be gone from my list.

Reinert310 likes this

7 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

Also curious if/how much SDSU’s loss to BYU tonight effects these rankings.

As I mentioned above , this was a costly loss to them. And as predicted they are off the list...now at #37

I came here to argue, b!tch, and moan about your rankings. Isn't that what college basketball fans do when a Top 25 list is released?

Seriously though, solid list. I don't like being overly optimistic about things as it always seems to lead to disappointment, but there's a lot to like about our 18th ranked Bills.

The Wiz likes this

23 minutes ago, TheOne said:

@The Wiz I’m assuming these are your “Pre-Minnesota” game rankings? Sorry if that is an incorrect assumption and I missed it. 

Any preliminary thoughts on how a potential win impacts our spot?

You are correct ....pre Minn game.  That is why I posted after the NC St. game. ...We had "arrived" after that game.  I think a loss to the Gophers will prevent us  from getting on the AP Poll...which I feel is important for publicity and recognition. The AP Poll tells the College Basketball world ...we have "arrived"

Since my list is based on numbers and we are at 18....there is a chance we could remain on the list even with a loss ...a close loss.  With a win we could pop up because it would be a significant win.  Of course like the spreads, ranking is determined by what everyone else does between now and Sunday.  Not just the 25 teams listed but all 357.  Let's do this...Freeze all teams yesterday and assume no one plays between yesterday morning and Sunday except the Bills and Minn...We could move as high as the 14th spot on the list with a win.

One last note... I mentioned , we are an A team...we are also, currently trending at A+ which means we have further upside potential.