GDT: Hungry for some wolves

Littlebill

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about gutting out a win. Say what you want, but Yuri is my player of the game. Smallest guy on the team and he put the team on his back and carried them through the first half. Forget the five turnovers, he played balls to the wall. Others had big moments, but no Yuri, no win. Slu72 called it about Yurimania!!

Schasz, CBFan and JettFlight5 like this

2 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

Even if you don't listen to the radio during the game Rammer and Earl's postgame show is always great.  Makes you fell like you're driving home from the game.

Listening via my Fire TV now.

8 minutes ago, MichaelC said:

Where is the tremendous depth this team was supposed to possess? No 2nd half minutes for Thatch, Bell or Hargrove. Right now, it looks like Ford only trusts 7 guys with Jacobs and Gibson sharing a spot and Linssen spelling French. 

I think you saw the depth in the first half.

Ford got enough minutes out of the reserves in the first half that the starters had plenty of bounce in the second.

We watched the depth at work tonight.

They won that game by wearing down a short handed NC State team.

4 minutes ago, BilliKat said:

Off by 1, but me and the Philliken billiken patch called the game by 12 when we were losing early. 
I love being a billiken fan. 
Damn good basketball game. 

Just don’t forget my cut of you’re raise from the lucky patch! 😂

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I think you saw the depth in the first half.

Ford got enough minutes out of the reserves in the first half that the starters had plenty of bounce in the second.

We watched the depth at work tonight.

They won that game by wearing down a short handed NC State team.

I suppose that's one way to look at it. 

What a great win. A few questions and points:

1. What did Jacobs do in the first half to get buried? I'm sure he missed an assignment, but the rest of the guys made mistakes too.

2. Tight 2nd half rotation. Ford trusts Jacobs over Thatch. And he should. Jacobs was great in the 2nd half.

3. Thought Bell deserved more run because he could match up against Bates. 

4. Goodwin gambles too much on D and lets guys get in the paint. That being said, when the action got loose in the 2nd half, Goodwin's relentless motor turned the game. 

5. Man did the refs let them play! 

6. Yuri and Goodwin were both really sloppy in their passing, esp. in the first half. 

7. Can't wait for Minnesota. Stay healthy and COVID-free, Billikens. Let's go!

billikenbill likes this

3 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

That offensive charge on Thatch in the backcourt has to be the worst offensive charge I've ever seen. Why is he even taking it towards the sideline. 

You're going to see a game where the zebras let 'em play. And every once in a while, you're going to see a call where you go "You're gonna call THAT after everything you let go."  Trust me.

slufanskip likes this

24 minutes ago, MichaelC said:

Where is the tremendous depth this team was supposed to possess? No 2nd half minutes for Thatch, Bell or Hargrove. Right now, it looks like Ford only trusts 7 guys with Jacobs and Gibson sharing a spot and Linssen spelling French. 

Depth doesn’t necessarily mean going 10 guys deep the whole game. Sometimes it means it gives you more options to pick your 7 for a game. Maybe thatch and Hargrove are more active in the next game. We got hot in the second half and stuck with what worked. Which is also a plus side of having so many players.