Official SLU News:Billikens Throttle Indiana State 78-59, Improve to 5-0

Admin

32 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

Is this working? I can't get the story to load. is Admin a bot?

Admin is not a bot.  It is the main administrator account I use for the forum.  

32 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

@SluSignGuy, this appears to be a new, automated, feature.  I like it, but it appears the time-stamp needs to be tweaked.  It's posting several hours in the past.

Glad you like the feature.  Now that we have a little more server power, I hope to make a few additions in the next week or two.

In sum, the feature takes the SLUBillikens.com RSS feed and then creates a thread for each thing (e.g. press release) that SLU Posts.  There is a similar feature on the front page.  Future posts will use the username SLUBillikens.com.  If SLU wants me to take this down, I can.  I will have look into how to change the time stamp.  In an initial investigation, I discovered that SLUBillikens.com appears to have Global Mountain Time as their default - but that would not explain a 6 hour difference.

3 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

I may be wrong here, but are you sure it's Global Mountain Time? I couldn't find such a time zone, but if it's Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), then 6 hours is exactly the difference.

You are right!!! This is part of the code from SLU's RSS feed.

<pubDate>Tue, 15 Dec 2020 21:43:00 GMT</pubDate>

I doubt I will be able to change that.

Just now, SluSignGuy said:

You are right!!! This is part of the code from SLU's RSS feed.

<pubDate>Tue, 15 Dec 2020 21:43:00 GMT</pubDate>

I doubt I will be able to change that.

My apologies to @Brian Kunderman or one of his associates if the time zone of the SLU RSS feed now comes up at one of their meetings on Zoom. 😜