GDT: Sycamores

wgstl

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of chin diaper looks from the Billikens.

Nice win hats off to Indiana State I hope they beat the heck out of Evansville for ducking SLU.

Linssens game looks really good.

JGood was dominant

Perkins was normal Perkins

Jacobs a great 6th man

Tough game on Thursday

Be well Billikens fans see you Thursday 

David King likes this

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Slow offensive night with 78 points. Previous low was 85 (LSU).

Any other year and I’d swear this was the lead in to one of the ‘too unrealistic’ Twilight Zone episodes.

god it feels good right now to be a Billiken fan.

White Pelican likes this

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Slow offensive night with 78 points. Previous low was 85 (LSU).

Way to close it out after letting ISU hang around and go on a few runs.

Indiana State did a good job of making us defend on a lot of possessions for 15+ seconds to keep the score down.  And that Tre Williams kid is no joke in the paint.  Just a sophomore.

9 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Martin Frickin' Linnsen, will dominate the A-10.

I can't remember the last time we had a back-up center that could actually play like a starter. Can take a quick pass, good footwork and knows where the hoop is. Defends and rebounds well. A real find for Ford. He'd have started on a lot of SLU teams.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Yuri might have a slight edge as a passer right now,  not yet at H’s level all around.

H was a very good passer. Yuri is elite. If you're considering only their passing it's Yuri by a considerable margin. 

Yuri is the better man defender and passer. H was a better shooter and scorer. And we also have to take into account we are considering 4 games into his Soph year Yuri with Jr and Sr H  

Overall I think I take Yuri but it's close and I couldn't fault an argument either way

On the good side, we won by 19 pts, over the spread and just under 20 over. On the bad side, I thought we did not play well or as well as we could have played. True the refs came up with a number of bad calls. True, some of their people could shoot 3 pointers. A win is a win, we remain undefeated. Now let's see what we can do against NC St. I hope we play better than tonight.

1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

H was a very good passer. Yuri is elite. If you're considering only their passing it's Yuri by a considerable margin. 

Yuri is the better man defender and passer. H was a better shooter and scorer. And we also have to take into account we are considering 4 games into his Soph year Yuri with Jr and Sr H  

Overall I think I take Yuri but it's close and I couldn't fault an argument either way

I think H was underrated defensively.  He always drew the opposing teams best guard because he played with a couple of guys that weren’t great defensively.

That said, I would be shocked if Yuri doesn’t surpass H all around by his third season.

SLU_Lax likes this

9 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

I can't remember the last time we had a back-up center that could actually play like a starter. Can take a quick pass, good footwork and knows where the hoop is. Defends and rebounds well. A real find for Ford. He'd have started on a lot of SLU teams.

Jimmy Bell was pretty good last year, and will end up playing more minutes by the time this season is over. But I know what you mean.