NC State on 12-17 at home

billikenbill

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Wow! if this is true and they are coming with only 9 players, they are either sure they are going destroy us piecemeal or they are entirely FOS. I am not saying this will be an easy game, but this is ridiculous.

Some way, shape or form this is related to COVID.  I truly don't understand the rules.  Louisville told NC State don't come for tonight, we said tomorrow is okay.

NC State reported two positive tests before its scheduled game against Connecticut on Dec. 5 in Uncasville, Conn.

Keatts said on Monday that he would have had “eight or nine” players available for the Louisville game, if it had been played as scheduled on Wednesday.

When you look at the Louisville game, we were ready to play,” Keatts said. “I don’t have a full roster right now. I have eight or nine guys that could possibly play in a game.”

“(Louisville) didn’t feel, by their medical people, that it was the right time for those guys to play on Wednesday,” Keatts said.

“That’s no knock against Louisville. I’m not in here to judge them. We all have medical people and we all have trainers and you have to do the best thing for your program.”

Keatts said the contact-tracing protocols have been reduced by CDC guidelines from 14 days down to seven. Any player that tests positive would have a 10-day isolation period.

Keatts said he has taken a “it’s better to be safe than sorry” approach to the season.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/nc-state-men-s-basketball-looking-to-get-back-on-the-court/19430065/

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Wow! if this is true and they are coming with only 9 players, they are either sure they are going destroy us piecemeal or they are entirely FOS. I am not saying this will be an easy game, but this is ridiculous.

Or, it could be a statement that they expect a close game, and that their reserves won’t get on the court. Interesting Covid world.

3 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

NC State has a familiar name on the squad. Former Billiken recruit, Thomas Allen transferred from Nebraska and now is eligible for NC State. We were in his Final 3 and he made an official visit here. Not a great career so far. 

thats it... I was looking at their roster and that name really stood out to me.