NC State on 12-17 at home

billikenbill

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, shempie said:

Great news. Let's hope TF keeps them focused on tonight. Don't want/need to look past ISU. Also worried a little about the cumulative effect of 3 games in 5 days. Legs could be a bit heavy by Saturday.

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

NC St and The Bills are both A rated. How tough is NC St....about the same as LSU in difficulty.  I will  have the Wolfpack / Bills numbers after we play Ind St.

Our next 3 games  (over the next 5 days)  look like this....B-   A    A-

SOS looking much better...

The count down to a sweep (and an AP Poll Ranking ) begins tonight starting at 3.

The Bills' game at Minnesota is Sunday night, so it's not three games in five days.

22 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Why are people talking about extra games as part of a MTE? This is just a single game against NC State.

See Goodmans tweet above. Goodman makes it sound as if NC STATE is trying for multiple games while in STL. 

12 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

The Bills' game at Minnesota is Sunday night, so it's not three games in five days.

I guess it depends on how you look at it....

I look at it this way....

Tue nite ( 1st game ) to Wed nite....1 Day

Wed nite to Thur nite ( 2nd game)..2 Days

Thur nite to Fri nite...........................3 Days

Fri nite to Sat nite .............................4 Days

Sat nite to Sun nite (game 3)............5 Days

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I guess it depends on how you look at it....

I look at it this way....

Tue nite ( 1st game ) to Wed nite....1 Day

Wed nite to Thur nite ( 2nd game)..2 Days

Thur nite to Fri nite...........................3 Days

Fri nite to Sat nite .............................4 Days

Sat nite to Sun nite (game 3)............5 Days

Tu 0 – W 1 — Th 2 — F 3 — Sa 4 — Su 5

This is ingenious. I don’t like Tuesday anyway. Why categorize it as an actual day. It is an empty void of time.

TheA_Bomb and The Wiz like this

27 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I was joking based on the weird wording in Goodman's tweet

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

See Goodmans tweet above. Goodman makes it sound as if NC STATE is trying for multiple games while in STL. 

I think Goodman’s tweet was sarcasm, and not suggesting that NC State is looking for multiple games in St. Louis. NC State had 2-3 games cancelled due to their own Covid stoppage and then another when Louisville cancelled their first ACC game. They haven’t played in about 2-3 weeks. I think Goodman was just commenting that they may actually play a basketball game.

If this team is as good as we all think, all 3 of these games need to be wins. I feel very confident that they will be.

Also I may have gotten a longshot odds bet last month for SLU to run the table in the regular season (with a minimum games requirement which is why I have been pushing so hard for games)

brianstl likes this

11 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I think Goodman’s tweet was sarcasm, and not suggesting that NC State is looking for multiple games in St. Louis. NC State had 2-3 games cancelled due to their own Covid stoppage and then another when Louisville cancelled their first ACC game. They haven’t played in about 2-3 weeks. I think Goodman was just commenting that they may actually play a basketball game.

I read it as Goodman kind of jokingly being coy about a game that wasn't official yet, but your reading is also plausible.  Either way Goodman's awkward wording does not mean that NC State will be playing multiple games in StL.

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I read it as Goodman kind of jokingly being coy about a game that wasn't official yet, but your reading is also plausible.  Either way Goodman's awkward wording does not mean that NC State will be playing multiple games in StL.

Yes, nothing about the tweet implied or insinuated multiple games. I'm not sure how people reached that conclusion.

47 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

If this team is as good as we all think, all 3 of these games need to be wins. I feel very confident that they will be.

Also I may have gotten a longshot odds bet last month for SLU to run the table in the regular season (with a minimum games requirement which is why I have been pushing so hard for games)

I like the way you are thinking about running the table, 13.

Your first paragraph is right.  If we are what we think we are we need to win the next three  Then there will be no worry about being in both (AP and ESPN) top 25 polls.

What a year to have to keep the fans out!  LSU would have been a sellout as would N C St.  and tonight against Ind St would probably have drawn 8500-9000.  Big loss in revenue for the Ath Dept.

7 minutes ago, David King said:

Probably one of the few times Crews out-coached anybody!

I seem to recall that it was the players that suggested they needed to press. It was strange because supposedly they rarely, if ever, practiced pressing. I may be totally off base here, but I just seem to remember it was the seniors that said they needed to press. 

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I seem to recall that it was the players that suggested they needed to press. It was strange because supposedly they rarely, if ever, practiced pressing. I may be totally off base here, but I just seem to remember it was the seniors that said they needed to press. 

Probably because it's hard to fathom Crews contributing to our team's success but on this occasion, he did:

https://www.si.com/college/2014/03/21/saint-louis-nc-state-ncaa-tournament

In a timeout huddle 82 seconds away from the end of the season, Saint Louis coach Jim Crews called for the Diamond. He looked at forward Grandy Glaze. “Grandy, you’re on the ball,” Glaze remembered Crews saying. Then Crews looked at guard Jordair Jett. “Jordair,” Crews said, “trap it.”

Wait. Crews ordered his team to run a full-court press? Do the Billikens even practice a full-court press? “Nooooooooooooo,” Glaze said Thursday night after he set down the postgame pizza he used to wash down an 83-80 overtime win. Then he laughed.

I hope FSMW picks up the game.  Danny Mac was talking about playing NC St while on the radio this morning before the word was semi-official.  As of this moment , FSMW has a replay of a Cardinals game against the Brewers so it should be easy to bump that for a Billikens game against a top opponent.

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Probably because it's hard to fathom Crews contributing to our team's success but on this occasion, he did:

https://www.si.com/college/2014/03/21/saint-louis-nc-state-ncaa-tournament

In a timeout huddle 82 seconds away from the end of the season, Saint Louis coach Jim Crews called for the Diamond. He looked at forward Grandy Glaze. “Grandy, you’re on the ball,” Glaze remembered Crews saying. Then Crews looked at guard Jordair Jett. “Jordair,” Crews said, “trap it.”

Wait. Crews ordered his team to run a full-court press? Do the Billikens even practice a full-court press? “Nooooooooooooo,” Glaze said Thursday night after he set down the postgame pizza he used to wash down an 83-80 overtime win. Then he laughed.

Haven’t had a chance to read the article yet. At what point do they discuss the ins and outs (yup, I said it) of Grandy’s “super spreader” content, his techniques, influences?