NC State on 12-17 at home

billikenbill

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Time to rewatch one of the all time greatest comebacks in recent Billiken history.

That was one of the bigger late game comebacks in college basketball history 

Swapping NC State for Evansville is certainly a significant pickup for our schedule. NC State is currently one spot ahead of us in the Pomeroy rankings at #36 (for comparison, Evansville is #316).

NC State is 3-0 having last played on December 3rd (had games cancelled with William & Mary on 11/30, UConn on 12/5, and Florida Atlantic on 12/12 and their game with Louisville on 12/16 has been postponed). Their wins are against Charleston Southern (95-61), North Florida (86-51), and UMass Lowell (90-59), so this will be their first significant test. In the current Pomeroy rankings, Charleston Southern is #290, North Florida #297, and UMass Lowell #222. Jericole Hellems from Chaminade is off to a nice start in his junior season averaging 14.0 points (57.1% from the field), 3.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists, and 1.7 steals.

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Some cold water from Stu:

Stu worded this really poorly, as he tends to do. The paperwork isn’t finalized (at least that’s what I think this means), and the school isn’t going to release a statement until everything is done and official. 

2 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Stu worded this really poorly, as he tends to do. The paperwork isn’t finalized (at least that’s what I think this means), and the school isn’t going to release a statement until everything is done and official. 

Yeah, I took it as a positive. Also, Jeff Goodman saying the same thing about a game.

27 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Homecoming for Hellems #reddevils

maybe/probably contributed to the opportunity.   coaches often promise a "homecoming" game in recruiting a player when in high school.

That NCST tourney game was the ultimate in emotional rollercoasters.

I started off anxious then got angry. Followed up by 45 minutes of depression. Then started to get excited followed by nervous and finally pure joy.  
One of the most amazing sporting events I’ve ever witnessed.

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

That NCST tourney game was the ultimate in emotional rollercoasters.

I started off anxious then got angry. Followed up by 45 minutes of depression. Then started to get excited followed by nervous and finally pure joy.  
One of the most amazing sporting events I’ve ever witnessed.

https://www.scoresandstats.com/m/videos/baseball/WNCAAB/nc-state-wolfpack-vs-saint-louis-billikens/105305/

NC St and The Bills are both A rated. How tough is NC St....about the same as LSU in difficulty.  I will  have the Wolfpack / Bills numbers after we play Ind St.

Our next 3 games  (over the next 5 days)  look like this....B-   A    A-

SOS looking much better...

The count down to a sweep (and an AP Poll Ranking ) begins tonight starting at 3.