Big East Does Forward Planning

Taj79

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2020/12/14/big-east-announces-remainder-of-mens-basketball-schedule.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3cctTOwcDwUv-7yAslAWs30vwCtSFThpBvsLGsTbuwqQFQfVWTW5pNyCc

This is NOT to bemoan being out of the Big East, but rather to show one league is looking at advance planning.  The Big East is leaving February mostly open for rescheduling of potential postponed games going forward.  I hope Bernie and the A10 honchos have similar thinking somewhere in the recesses of their minds.

46 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2020/12/14/big-east-announces-remainder-of-mens-basketball-schedule.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3cctTOwcDwUv-7yAslAWs30vwCtSFThpBvsLGsTbuwqQFQfVWTW5pNyCc

This is NOT to bemoan being out of the Big East, but rather to show one league is looking at advance planning.  The Big East is leaving February mostly open for rescheduling of potential postponed games going forward.  I hope Bernie and the A10 honchos have similar thinking somewhere in the recesses of their minds.

Big East the "Swedish model" 

-per the announcement Due to expected challenges created by the pandemic, the BIG EAST and its institutions scheduled a concentrated group of 23 conference games from December 11-23 as a plan against possible scheduling challenges later in the season. -- then -- 2020-21 BIG EAST Men’s Basketball Conference Schedule

Dec. 30 DePAUL at CONNECTICUT
Dec. 30 CREIGHTON at GEORGETOWN
Dec. 30 BUTLER at PROVIDENCE
Dec. 30 ST. JOHNS at

VILLANOVA

-per standings on the BEast website St John's and GTwn have played two conf games while SHall and Nova have played one,

I guess i don't understand what "concentrated" means

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

They better plan a contingency till July to make up DePaul's games. They went back on Covid restrictions today, still yet to play.

The Big East should just put DePaul out of it’s misery and announce the Billikens as their replacement.

11 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

But within hours of the Big East's release, DePaul announced for the third time in a month that it would be going on pause due to coronavirus cases in its program. DePaul is one of nearly 20 D-I men's programs yet to play a game this season. 

If they have yet to play a game it sounds like a them problem.