Game Postponed Due to COVID Protocol within Aces

SluSignGuy

16 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I do think there’s something to this. I don’t think anyone in their right mind wouldn’t have played this game today based on covid. They’ve tested negative ever since that game. Why postpone? It doesn’t make sense unless they don’t want to lose by 40

I would think Evansville was getting paid to come here.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

We should have scheduled Loyola a week or two ago instead of whining about Notre Dame and saying we are holding out for a top 15 game.

Now we have the opportunity to replace a weak sister with a Loyola caliber opponent AND hold out for a ranked team.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

You pass along your wisdom to Ford and May, tell them to contact Evansville to inform they that they are wrong, per Uncle Roy. Boom, game on!

Hoosier pal,  you were wrong in your slap at Kshoe and me, whats the point in now twisting your attack?  

2 hours ago, Soderball said:

The attitude of some here to the health of our players is infuriating. Keep in mind ONE positive test or even invocation of COVID protocol could result in the cancellation of CONFERENCE games. If we played the Aces today we could be cancelling the Minnesota game. I'd rather play Minnesota thanks.

The virus is so widespread that literally any player could get it at any point from anywhere.  The Minnesota game is equally likely to get canceled whether we played today or not. 

not trying to be a downer, but do people really think our guys are spending 100% of their time in their dorm rooms when they aren’t practicing?

like others have said, play the games when you can... if you cancel a game for a possible exposure on the other team 10 DAYS AGO, you’ll never finish the season. Every team is going to have possible exposures almost every day. It’s when, not if, you have positive tests. 

I'm not sure why everyone is speculating about the 2 minute player causing the cancellation.  It says the reason in the courier press article linked on the first page.

"Saturday's cancelation with Saint Louis didn't stem from a positive test, but one of the Aces woke up with symptoms on Saturday morning and there wasn't time to do a PCR test, nor was it in UE's best interest to reschedule."

7 hours ago, laurk said:

I'm not sure why everyone is speculating about the 2 minute player causing the cancellation.  It says the reason in the courier press article linked on the first page.

"Saturday's cancelation with Saint Louis didn't stem from a positive test, but one of the Aces woke up with symptoms on Saturday morning and there wasn't time to do a PCR test, nor was it in UE's best interest to reschedule."

That is brand new information. That article has changed like 3 times since it was first posted. For a while there was no reason given other than talking about a player they played against 10 days ago.

It also makes no sense...the top of the article talks about how Evansville and the MVC use Rapid Tests. Then they say they didn't have time to do a PCR test??? How about doing a rapid and knowing 30 minutes later?

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2020/12/11/how-evansville-basketball-team-testing-coronavirus/6497666002/

18 hours ago, laurk said:

This is a really strange comment.  Evansville is going to get hammered multiple times this season by opponents and anyone involved with their program knows this.   So to avoid losing a game badly just wouldn't make sense for that to be why they think it is in their best interest to not reschedule.  You have to believe in a year like this, Evansville needs the paycheck they would receive from the game more than ever.  It is just a strange comment and I am not sure what to make of it.

JettFlight5 likes this

One thing I think is not being factored into all of these scheduling comments is the fact that "paychecks" for visiting buy a win opponents is not like in the past.  With no tickets or concessions or parking revenues for blood donor games, the "paycheck " we are likely offering isn't very much.  I don't think we clear much, if anything,  for games on tv and radio.