Game Postponed Due to COVID Protocol within Aces

SluSignGuy

Who cares if we play sub-300 evansville. Let's get to conference play without positive tests. We are scheduled to play in 3 days.

A cancellation should be expected this year, if we get one positive test 3+ games are gone. It seems caution is wiser than the hope we might get to beat down on a crummy team.

Bring on conference play.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The attitude of some here to the health of our players is infuriating. Keep in mind ONE positive test or even invocation of COVID protocol could result in the cancellation of CONFERENCE games. If we played the Aces today we could be cancelling the Minnesota game. I'd rather play Minnesota thanks.

2 minutes ago, Soderball said:

The attitude of some here to the health of our players is infuriating. Keep in mind ONE positive test or even invocation of COVID protocol could result in the cancellation of CONFERENCE games. If we played the Aces today we could be cancelling the Minnesota game. I'd rather play Minnesota thanks.

This needs a little more explanation. You don’t want SLU to play anyone this weekend?

4 minutes ago, Soderball said:

This is really not a good take. 10 days ago Evansville came into contact for 2 minutes with someone that was positive. Evansville players continue to test negative and have been contact traced . There is really no good reason to believe Evansville represents a threat to slu players. 

billiken_roy likes this

8 minutes ago, Soderball said:

And I don't think anybody's advocating that we play Evansville today knowing they are in violation of protocol.  The consensus is that Evansville should have been able to test out of the protocol.  The NCAA is building the plane as they fly it and this is an edge case they need to consider.

However, this technicality happened to work in our favor.  Playing a team ranked in the 300s may have hurt our NET ranking.

6 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

This needs a little more explanation. You don’t want SLU to play anyone this weekend?

I don't believe games against some of the worst competition in the country is worth the risk, no. Hopefully we can play in three days and maybe schedule a BCS opponent for Christmas week. If Illinois or Mizzou want to play tomorrow, go for it.

8 minutes ago, kshoe said:

This is really not a good take. 10 days ago Evansville came into contact for 2 minutes with someone that was positive. Evansville players continue to test negative and have been contact traced . There is really no good reason to believe Evansville represents a threat to slu players. 

I can't think of anything that gives more of a reason than playing with a guy who has active virus. Let's go ahead and continue the season rather than risk derailing games against quality competition. I wasn't entertained during Pine Bluff. The game was over in 3 minutes. This team needs quality opponents.

TaLBErt likes this

The powers that be decided that cancelling today’s game was the best option. I choose to trust that decision. That being said, I completely understand why people are upset and/or choose not to trust that decision. But I can promise you, getting upset about isn’t going to change anything. We all knew this was going to happen eventually. At least it’s not putting our guys into quarantine. Hopefully this opens the door to us getting a game against a better team than Evansville. On to the next one.

10 minutes ago, Soderball said:

I don't believe games against some of the worst competition in the country is worth the risk, no. Hopefully we can play in three days and maybe schedule a BCS opponent for Christmas week. If Illinois or Mizzou want to play tomorrow, go for it.

I can't think of anything that gives more of a reason than playing with a guy who has active virus. Let's go ahead and continue the season rather than risk derailing games against quality competition. I wasn't entertained during Pine Bluff. The game was over in 3 minutes. This team needs quality opponents.

But Evansville payers haven’t tested positive. They in fact have tested negative. 

10 days ago an opposing player MIGHT have been positive while they were playing. Evansville played a game after the game with the positive player.

It sounds like you are more worried about playing a sub 300 NET team than you are the health of the team.

Would it be worth playing the Illini today if it was the exact same situation?

35 minutes ago, kshoe said:

You and Uncle Roy should explain this to Coach Ford and AD May.  I'm sure they will reconsider.

TaLBErt and Soderball like this

11 minutes ago, dlarry said:

But Evansville payers haven’t tested positive. They in fact have tested negative. 

10 days ago an opposing player MIGHT have been positive while they were playing. Evansville played a game after the game with the positive player.

It sounds like you are more worried about playing a sub 300 NET team than you are the health of the team.

Would it be worth playing the Illini today if it was the exact same situation?

Yeah, if the same decision wouldn’t be made against a top opponent then it’s all fake concern about health if you ask me. 

JMM28 likes this

29 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

You and Uncle Roy should explain this to Coach Ford and AD May.  I'm sure they will reconsider.

Evansville canceled  the  game not May/Ford.   

27 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I think Evansville is using this as a way to avoid an ass kicking.

I do think there’s something to this. I don’t think anyone in their right mind wouldn’t have played this game today based on covid. They’ve tested negative ever since that game. Why postpone? It doesn’t make sense unless they don’t want to lose by 40