Game Postponed Due to COVID Protocol within Aces

SluSignGuy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

I like that possibility, home or away, doesn't matter to me. Bradley was 23-11 last year with 2 wins over SIU and some other good wins. They're off to a strong start this year. Schedule this game or any other. We want to see our team play regardless of opponent. Doubtful there will be an NCAA Tourney this season anyway so schedule some games.

There will be a tourney.  Even if it is delayed, it will be played. 

10 minutes ago, almaman said:

not to go all q-non here I know for a fact Crews was involved.

Are you JFK Jr.? Apparently, he really did come back and is posing for photos at the Trump rally.

Let me get the this straight, no one for the Evansville  roster or staff has it, but two games ago over a week ago a player for the opposing  team unknowingly had it.  🙄

21 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Let me get the this straight, no one for the Evansville  roster or staff has it, but two games ago over a week ago a player for the opposing  team unknowingly had it.  🙄

And played a grand total of 2 minutes...

Didn't the cdc declare that someone has to be less than 6 feet away for  more than 15 minutes to be in danger of contracting?   But this no symptoms player only played 2 minutes?  Just keeps getting more stupid.

AlumniFan likes this

28 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

6 minutes ago, kshoe said:

And played a grand total of 2 minutes...

If this is going to cause games to be postponed I don’t see how we finish the season.

i get that we need to be extra careful but sometimes common sense needs to be the deciding factor.

This seems like a time when we should have gone with the common sense.

billiken_roy likes this

17 minutes ago, dlarry said:

If this is going to cause games to be postponed I don’t see how we finish the season.

i get that we need to be extra careful but sometimes common sense needs to be the deciding factor.

This seems like a time when we should have gone with the common sense.

It makes no sense. They played a game on dec 2 and found out a few days later that one of the opponents played 2 minutes and later tested positive for covid. Then they contact traced and determined that nobody had contact, and decided to go ahead with their game on 12/9 vs. Eastern Illinois. And now they can’t play the game against SLU on 12/12.

The only way to make any sense of it is that SLU declined to play once we became aware of the remote contact. If that is true, then shame on us.

from the article:

UE’s men played last Wednesday at Tennessee-Martin, an OVC team that had tested that morning but didn’t have results before tipoff. One of the Skyhawks later found his test was positive. He played two minutes.

“We didn’t know until two days after a game,” UE Director of Athletics Mark Spencer said. “We had to then contact trace to see how long our people played near them. You can be near someone who’s sick and not catch it.”

Fortunately for the Aces, they are being proactive and determined no one had close contact. They still were forced to cancel Saturday's game with Saint Louis out of precaution.