The Bills over E vil by 23

The Wiz

A good win over C Ark....Our numbers continue to improve . We are now an A rated team ...also trending at A.  As I pointed elsewhere on the board, a win over the Aces by at least 20 pts should be enough to push us on to the AP Top 25.  We could still make it on to the Top 25 with less than 20pts but it becomes iffy.

E vil comes in as a D rated team. ...So grade wise and point spread wise the 2 teams (C Ark & E vil ) are similar. On the report card , I would say that E vil is  a step down from C Ark....both on offense and defense. But that doesn't mean they can't do some damage.

Let's see what we are dealing with.......

.............................SLU..........................E vil........................................................SLU.................................E vil

.............................................OFF.....................................................................................................DEF...............

PPG.........................A+ 13th ITN...........D-...............................................................B+.....................................D

FG%.........................A+ 12th ITN............F+.............................................................C.......................................F

3Pt%........................A+ 6th ITN.............C+...............................................................D......................................F-...Worst ITN

FT%.........................A.... .........................D-. .......................................................................................................

Reb.........................D+............................F..............................................................A+ 10th ITN......................D-

OFF Rebs  = total rebs...DEF rebs = opp reb

UP....Off....FT%.......Down....Def....3P%

Top 100 ITN (In The Nation)

Assts...Y Collins....15th....up

Rebs...Goodwin....28th....up

PPG.....Perkins......53rd.....dn

FT%.....Perkins....1st.......100%....There are still 82 players with 100% who qualify.

3P%...Hargrove...23rd....up....Jacobs...48th

3P%....Levitch....66th 

So the report card poses the question....What happens when one of the best shooting 3P teams goes up against the worst  3P defense? Well, we should win by 20+ pts.  But this is not a forgone conclusion. We still have to make the shots ...defense or no defense.  Also they have a couple of sharpshooters themselves and our 3P defense hasn't been the best. Which brings us to .......

WWN2D2W.....We have to stop  their main guy...Frederking...48/46/ 89 ...As RM use to say ....he is a 180 player......Hold this guy to a dozen pts.  Their other sharpshooter is Levitch....a 64% shooter from the arc....Hold this guy to 5 shots and 38% from the arc. Finally, we just need to make shots.....48/ 40/ 75 will do it.

Bottom line.....We just need to DO our thing

See no E vil

Hear no E vil

Speak no E vil

But we can DO  E vil

48 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

A good win over C Ark....Our numbers continue to improve . We are now an A rated team ...also trending at A.  As I pointed elsewhere on the board, a win over the Aces by at least 20 pts should be enough to push us on to the AP Top 25.  We could still make it on to the Top 25 with less than 20pts but it becomes iffy.

E vil comes in as a D rated team. ...So grade wise and point spread wise the 2 teams (C Ark & E vil ) are similar. On the report card , I would say that E vil is  a step down from C Ark....both on offense and defense. But that doesn't mean they can't do some damage.

Let's see what we are dealing with.......

.............................SLU..........................E vil........................................................SLU.................................E vil

.............................................OFF.....................................................................................................DEF...............

PPG.........................A+ 13th ITN...........D-...............................................................B+.....................................D

FG%.........................A+ 12th ITN............F+.............................................................C.......................................F

3Pt%........................A+ 6th ITN.............C+...............................................................D......................................F-...Worst ITN

FT%.........................A.... .........................D-. .......................................................................................................

Reb.........................D+............................F..............................................................A+ 10th ITN......................D-

OFF Rebs  = total rebs...DEF rebs = opp reb

UP....Off....FT%.......Down....Def....3P%

FT%.....Perkins....1st.......100%....There are still 82 players with 100% who qualify.

3P%....Levitch....66th 

So the report card poses the question....What happens when one of the best shooting 3P teams goes up against the worst  3P defense? Well, we should win by 20+ pts.  But this is not a forgone conclusion. We still have to make the shots ...defense or no defense.  Also they have a couple of sharpshooters themselves and our 3P defense hasn't been the best. Which brings us to .......

WWN2D2W.....We have to stop  their main guy...Frederking...48/46/ 89 ...As RM use to say ....he is a 180 player......Hold this guy to a dozen pts.  Their other sharpshooter is Levitch....a 64% shooter from the arc....Hold this guy to 5 shots and 38% from the arc. Finally, we just need to make shots.....48/ 40/ 75 will do it.

Bottom line.....We just need to DO our thing

See no E vil

Hear no E vil

Speak no E vil

But we can DO  E vil

Thanks as always, Wiz.  One thing that surprised me was to see we are an 'A' rated FT shooting team.  I thought we are around 77%  What is the breakdown on % for A-F?  I am not questioning your logic, just surprised the threshold isn't higher.  Either way, compared to the last 3 years, we are A+++ in my book from the line.

2 hours ago, philliken said:

Thanks as always, Wiz.  One thing that surprised me was to see we are an 'A' rated FT shooting team.  I thought we are around 77%  What is the breakdown on % for A-F?  I am not questioning your logic, just surprised the threshold isn't higher.  Either way, compared to the last 3 years, we are A+++ in my book from the line.

We are actually at 77.5%...which is great shooting no matter how you measure it.  "A"  rated right now is 77.4-81%...Above 81% is A+  at this time.  Remember these numbers are  skewed because... #1...small sample size....most teams have only played a few games and #2... 15% of all the teams have yet to take a foul shot because they haven't played a game yet.

Here is what a typical full year FT report card looks like....

74%+.....all A's  (A- thru A+ )

72-74%...All B's.

69-72%...All C's

67-69%...All D's

All F's ...below 67%

Average for a full season 70-71%. This year, so far, we are averaging 70%

If the Bills could maintain their 77.5% they could finish with an A+..... Looking at last year's 57.1%  ( F- ) worst in Div 1...it has been an amazing turnaround....worst to 1st....A+ for the year is generally above 77%....Somewhere around 79% takes the #1 spot.

As the year progresses the A's will come down ...whether the Bills finish at A+ or not,  one thing is clear...they have turned their FT shooting around big time. What a difference a year makes.

philliken likes this

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

A10 teams have played between 6 and 0 games.  But 4 Bills are leading the conference today. Goodwin in Rebounds, Hargrove in 3%, Collins in A/TO ratio and Perkins in FT%.