GDT: Central Ark. Purple Bears

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with this Coach Ford post game interview.  I like it when coaches push teams even when the win.  I've noticed the best coaches (mostly in football) do that and are never satisfied.  SLU has to avoid complacency

Travis has to be, as a coach, a perfectionist if we want to  go deep into the dance this year. This was a win, we had some trouble with this team and then never gave up, but we won over the spread by 23. Undefeated so far. It really does not matter if we play a bit less good in some games, as long as we win them over the spread. 4-0 so far, nice.

Coach: "Yuri was the difference in the game. 9 assists and no turnovers. Without Yuri, we struggle to win this game. His defense was spectacular, incredible."

SLU1818 likes this

Tonight’s game was weird. I feel like I spent the whole game screaming at the TV “Gah, what are we doing?” And I look up and we’ve won by 23 and scored 88 points. Lots of encouraging things though. Yuri is sick. Has to be in the running for best point guard in the country. Thatch played well. Looking more and more comfortable, which is great to see. Jacobs has taken another step (or 2) forward. Playing excellent ball and seems to be a sort of steadying force with the 2nd group of guys. TJ played well, and OH MAN has his jumper improved. Strickland may not play huge minutes this year, but he will be in the regular rotation by the end of the season. Kid is electric. Linssen might’ve been just the thing we needed. Kid just battles and gives us extra depth down low. JGood now the all-time leader in steals. But the most encouraging part Perk was in foul trouble all game and him and Jimerson didn’t shoot great tonight (at least for them) and we still scored 88 points tonight. That just blows my mind. 2 years ago, when we won the A10 tourney, if Bess and Isabell didn’t have a great shooting night, we probably weren’t scoring 65. This team is just so fun to watch! 

Zink likes this

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

That’s probably my bad stat 

It’s at least a little misleading, though. When you force 27 turnovers, there’s a lot less defensive rebounds to go around.

brianstl likes this