GDT: pine bluff

wgstl

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Its only been 3 games and 2 against terrible teams but I still don't see a reason why we should lose a single regular season game this year

We can just beat you in so many different ways. We’re actually LETHAL from deep, but if you try to guard Has 1-on-1, he’ll eat you alive, and the spacing allows JGood and Yuri to get into the lane and do work. We’re good defensively, everybody knows what we can do on the boards, and we could realistically go 10 or 11 deep if we chose to (and even deeper than that against weaker teams). This team is crazy.

slubilliken09 likes this

9 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

We can just beat you in so many different ways. We’re actually LETHAL from deep, but if you try to guard Has 1-on-1, he’ll eat you alive, and the spacing allows JGood and Yuri to get into the lane and do work. We’re good defensively, everybody knows what we can do on the boards, and we could realistically go 10 or 11 deep if we chose to (and even deeper than that against weaker teams). This team is crazy.

I count 9 deep. Markhi is showing he can reach the first tier (interesting that he got more minutes than Jimmy, TJ, Linssen & Jacobs tonight), it's just a matter of time. Thatch (who got the same mins as Markhi - 15) looks like he's still getting up to full speed. 

Reinert310 likes this

19 minutes ago, slu72 said:

With all these games getting cancelled does anyone have any thoughts on why it’s so damn difficult for us to get a game with a top 50 program? I don’t get it. 

If I was an opponent, I would schedule any A10 team except us.  Word's gotten around that we beat LSU without one of our best players. That would have been a double digit win with French in the lineup.  There's nothing to be gained by a high major getting embarrassed by a mid major.

doowop, billiken_roy and TRN like this

20 minutes ago, Compton said:

I count 9 deep. Markhi is showing he can reach the first tier (interesting that he got more minutes than Jimmy, TJ, Linssen & Jacobs tonight), it's just a matter of time. Thatch (who got the same mins as Markhi - 15) looks like he's still getting up to full speed. 

Yep, I agree.  Only takeaway that wasn’t super positive was that Thatch still looks pretty rusty.  Which is completely understandable.

10 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:
14 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

If I was an opponent, I would schedule any A10 team except us.  Word's gotten around that we beat LSU without one of our best players. That would have been a double digit win with French in the lineup.  There's nothing to be gained by a high major getting embarrassed by a mid major.

Any team in the top 75 then.

We win by 53, 1 point away from doubling them up, and JGood is upset about our defensive effort. THAT’S leadership. We can ALWAYS find something we can do better. Hell yeah JGood! I love this team!

5C910B4C-547B-4DAB-9E3F-545054FECF25.png

2 hours ago, almaman said:

We may be favored in every one.

Predictions this early in the season are always iffy, and in this cockamamie season they're downright dicey.  Despite that, Warren Nolan predicts us going 24-1, losing once to Dayton, and somehow Dayton winds up on top at the end.

For his final season-long predictions click here.

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

With all these games getting cancelled does anyone have any thoughts on why it’s so damn difficult for us to get a game with a top 50 program? I don’t get it. 

Because Arkansas Pine Bluff Balls > Top 50 Team Balls

2 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

We win by 53, 1 point away from doubling them up, and JGood is upset about our defensive effort. THAT’S leadership. We can ALWAYS find something we can do better. Hell yeah JGood! I love this team!

5C910B4C-547B-4DAB-9E3F-545054FECF25.png

JGood knows it should have been 19

40 minutes ago, unclecarl said:

Predictions this early in the season are always iffy, and in this cockamamie season they're downright dicey.  Despite that, Warren Nolan predicts us going 24-1, losing once to Dayton, and somehow Dayton winds up on top at the end.

For his final season-long predictions click here.

So he has Dayton with a Net ranking of 3 despite losing to a team with a net rank of 88 and beating a team with a net rank of 241 by 3. Both at home. Makes no sense

unclecarl likes this

44 minutes ago, brianstl said:

1.4 points per possession  yesterday.

A little more detail on ppp. Over the first 50 possessions, which was the point where the last starter left the game for good, the Bills ppp was 1.78. The subs had 20 possessions over the final 11:57 and scored 18 pts, which lowered the game ppp to 1.4. Also, over those first 50 possessions, the Bills committed only 5 turnovers, for a turnover rate of 10%.

My benchmark is to keep turnovers under 20% so in a 70 possession game that means keeping turnovers to a max of 13. Do that and you've had a successful game in terms of taking care of the ball. The Wiz might disagree but in looking at many box scores over the years, I think it works.

-I remember not so easy games against bad teams, this was not one of them, GREAT to see FTJr back on the floor getting rid of some rust, I hope Minnesota keeps winning until we see them to make that a good win, Markhi let your play do your talking and just play the game

bauman likes this

Saw that one kid on UAPB was from Phoenix.  Having been there just last week and having been to Pine Bluff multiple times, I don't know what makes a kid do that kind of trek.  Just WOW!

Really nothing to see there last night.  We did what an exceptional team should do.  The kids all played and no one got hurt.  Rust was worked off and Travis did some hard core teaching what with zone defenses and half court traps and full court pressure.  I don't know how you stop this team if Perkins, Jimmmerson, Goodwin, Jacobs and Hargrove are hitting threes leaving the lane open for French, Linssen and Bell plus Perkins, Goodwin and Thatch on drives.  

As noted by the announcers, I think we now need Yuri to find a 15-foot jumper.  That's about it as far as i can see.  It was a small sample but it does appear Goodwin's perimeter shot has improved with his off season work and it appears French is just going to step up to the line, accepting the ball from the ref, and releasing.  No dribbles.  No thinking.  Just natural step-into-the-shot-like-a-game move.  And he did hit 50% with the second one looking really comfortable.  

Strickland looks like a potential freak ala Hargrove.  Not too shabby with two 6'5" high flyers to lean on.  Jacobs has been great.  Perkins keeps firing.  Thatch is coming back.  Nothing to see here.

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Saw that one kid on UAPB was from Phoenix.  Having been there just last week and having been to Pine Bluff multiple times, I don't know what makes a kid do that kind of trek.  Just WOW!

Really nothing to see there last night.  We did what an exceptional team should do.  The kids all played and no one got hurt.  Rust was worked off and Travis did some hard core teaching what with zone defenses and half court traps and full court pressure.  I don't know how you stop this team if Perkins, Jimmmerson, Goodwin, Jacobs and Hargrove are hitting threes leaving the lane open for French, Linssen and Bell plus Perkins, Goodwin and Thatch on drives.  

As noted by the announcers, I think we now need Yuri to find a 15-foot jumper.  That's about it as far as i can see.  It was a small sample but it does appear Goodwin's perimeter shot has improved with his off season work and it appears French is just going to step up to the line, accepting the ball from the ref, and releasing.  No dribbles.  No thinking.  Just natural step-into-the-shot-like-a-game move.  And he did hit 50% with the second one looking really comfortable.  

Strickland looks like a potential freak ala Hargrove.  Not too shabby with two 6'5" high flyers to lean on.  Jacobs has been great.  Perkins keeps firing.  Thatch is coming back.  Nothing to see here.

2 things : 1. Maybe UAPB was the only D1 offer he got  2. Polk never did develop a shot