Bracketology Tracking

Taj79

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming we beat Evansville by 25+ will that be enough to get us into the top 25?  It will be interesting to see how far UNC falls after losing their second game, this time to Iowa.  It would be nice if Indiana could beat Fla St which is currently around #20 

It takes a lot for the voters to leave the blue bloods out.  They get into the top 25 and are entrenched there, almost no matter what they do.  Look how much it took for an unproven UK to finally fall out of the rankings.  (Yes OG, when I say "rankings" I am referring to top 25 in the AP and Coaches polls)

billiken_roy likes this

3 minutes ago, bauman said:

Assuming we beat Evansville by 25+ will that be enough to get us into the top 25?  It will be interesting to see how far UNC falls after losing their second game, this time to Iowa.  It would be nice if Indiana could beat Fla St which is currently around #20 

It takes a lot for the voters to leave the blue bloods out.  They get into the top 25 and are entrenched there, almost no matter what they do.  Look how much it took for an unproven UK to finally fall out of the rankings.  (Yes OG, when I say "rankings" I am referring to top 25 in the AP and Coaches polls)

I agree...there is not nearly enough of a punishment for losing in the polls (yes, those schools have built that name value). 

1 minute ago, bauman said:

Va Tech losing by 20 to a Penn St. team that wasn't even receiving votes opens up a spot for Michigan.  The loser of the San Diego State/Arizona St game tomorrow opens up another spot.  If Indiana or Florida beats Florida State this week, the former will simply replace the latter in the top 25 so no change there. 

We're in the top 25 next week if we take care of business unless Mizzou pulls off the upset against the Illini.  It's a rivalry game so anything can happen.

12 minutes ago, bauman said:

nm

5 hours ago, bauman said:

It will be interesting to see how far UNC falls after losing their second game, this time to Iowa.

I agree big name schools tend to get the benefit of the doubt in polls, but I'm not sure UNC should fall out because they lost a game that they were expected to lose at #3 Iowa.  Their other loss is a 2 point neutral loss to #13 Texas.  They have a good neutral court win over Stanford and have beaten the snot out of Charleston at home and UNLV on a neutral court.

If you want teams to play tough schedules, you shouldn't punish them for losing games that they are expected to lose.

5 hours ago, bauman said:

If we beat Eville by at least 20 pts ...we should make it in...we will be favored by more than 20 pts on Sat.

21 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Still doesn't quite grasp the situation. 

Absolutely Concur.  We will be undefeated through the non-conference and he will have us on the 7-10 line.

I am so glad Richmond is taking care of their business.  They concern me zero.  Bills by 20 against them 2x.  then we might start getting some respect

rgbilliken likes this

6 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Absolutely Concur.  We will be undefeated through the non-conference and he will have us on the 7-10 line.

I am so glad Richmond is taking care of their business.  They concern me zero.  Bills by 20 against them 2x.  then we might start getting some respect

-this is the correct attitude

slufanskip likes this

2 minutes ago, JGR6396 said:

If the Bills go 3-0 in the next 3, top 20 ranking is expected.... However, if we go 2-1, what do we think? Do we slide in the 20-25 range, or do we fail to breakout of the notables (receiving votes)?

2-1 will not get us in, in fact we would prob fall to low- middle in votes