Bracketology Tracking

Taj79

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Our OOC schedule isn't helping, but for context, Dayton only beat one tournament team last year in their OOC (St. Mary's). Yes, they had OT losses to KU and CU which moved the needle a lot, but with Dayton as an example we just need to win in the conference. I don't expect us to run the table like Dayton did, but I also don't think anyone on here thinks we are a 1 seed. This team is good enough to win a lot of games and get a dangerous seed in the tournament (4-7). I am excited for, hopefully, a massacre tomorrow.

Speak for yourself!  I think the team should strive for a #1 seed, and I think it's a reasonable and achievable goal, at this point.

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Speak for yourself!  I think the team should strive for a #1 seed, and I think it's a reasonable and achievable goal, at this point.

My apologies! I shouldnt have painted the board with that broad brush lol. I am a realist to a fault. All I hope is we are nowhere near Baylor in the bracket. If y'all watched that game against the Illini... my goodness those guys can ball. A 1 seed would definitely assure that!

15 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Also, the more Perkins gets national attention for his play, the more people will tune in and pay attention to our team.

That is an interesting point. It certainly can't hurt to have a marquee player(s) that gets folks nationally to pay attention to your squad.

5 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

That is an interesting point. It certainly can't hurt to have a marquee player(s) that gets folks nationally to pay attention to your squad.

I know this might be an unfair comparison, but think about how much national attention Murray State got with Ja Morant leading their team. I’m not sure Perk will end up being an NBA lottery pick, but I also think our team as a whole is a lot better than Murray State’s was. 

52 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

Our OOC schedule isn't helping, but for context, Dayton only beat one tournament team last year in their OOC (St. Mary's). Yes, they had OT losses to KU and CU which moved the needle a lot, but with Dayton as an example we just need to win in the conference. I don't expect us to run the table like Dayton did, but I also don't think anyone on here thinks we are a 1 seed. This team is good enough to win a lot of games and get a dangerous seed in the tournament (4-7). I am excited for, hopefully, a massacre tomorrow.

The bball decison makers have already made "adjustments" that lower the ranking potential for teams that play bad nonconference schedules.  The NET rankings have been streamlined to include only two components, quality of opponent and adjusted efficiency ranking.  

https://wtop.com/ncaa-basketball/2020/05/ncaa-streamlines-net-rankings-for-tournament-selection/

To me, this reads like a team that would have gotten a 5 seed last year will be pushed down to an 8 seed this year.

3 hours ago, milwaukeebill said:

What years did you play SLU Lax?  I played from 2009-2012.  

Tried PM'ing you but it didnt work.

I coached for 6 years from 2004-2010 (if I remember the timeframe correctly) then had kids. I later came back and helped a bit. We share the same first name and I once sent you to join a DePaul huddle because I was annoyed the decided to huddle on our half of the field. You played midfield 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

So beating the worst team in D1 by 53 points didn't impress the AP voters. 

Until we play Minnesota, we have no games that would justify a jump in the rankings. We just have to take care of business and wait for the teams ahead of us to lose.

5 hours ago, courtside said:

For fun, we'll see what voters say this week. Last week 21 AP voters ranked SLU in Top 25. 42 did not. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch' Dave Matter had SLU ranked 18th last week. Ranges were 18-25 at the time. 

31 voters had SLU ranked this week AP. 18 to 25 again. Seth Davis joined Dave Matter having SLU at 18. 

(Richmond writer Wayne Epps hasn’t ranked SLU yet.) David Jablonski from Dayton had SLU 24.

9 minutes ago, courtside said:

31 voters had SLU ranked this week AP. 18 to 25 again. Seth Davis joined Dave Matter having SLU at 18. 

(Richmond writer Wayne Epps hasn’t ranked SLU yet.) David Jablonski from Dayton had SLU 24.

What about the idiot from Baton Rouge who didn't vote for us after we whipped LSU?

Adman and RUBillsFan like this