Bracketology Tracking

Taj79

4 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Richmond is also listed as an 8 seed. Hopefully they keep climbing too. It would also be helpful for a 3rd team (Dayton?) to get into consideration.

Just noticed 3 of Dayton's next four are against teams in Kenpoms top 85, with two of those being in the top 55.  None are away games.  If they W all of those, Id think they would be top 40 heading into conference play. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

Could definitely see the A10 doing something where it has the a few of the top team play each other one more time. Another conference did this recently. 

That probably won't fly. What do you think Richmond and Dayton are going to say when the commissioner asks them if they would like to get their ass whipped by SLU 1 extra time? 

Ever been to UA-PB?  I have.  One of the greatest mascot/emblems anywhere.  The Golden Lions.  Got my daughter one of their hoodies.  Their campus, however, looks like a surplus Army base that the fed gave away.  Plus it's downwind from the Pine Bluff paper mill.  I think you go there when there are no other choices.  Pine Bluff, Arkansas, is one of the most financially depressed areas I have ever seen.  Home to the Army's Chemical Weapons/Incendiary plant for a good reason.

SLU_Lax likes this

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Ever been to UA-PB?  I have.  One of the greatest mascot/emblems anywhere.  The Golden Lions.  Got my daughter one of their hoodies.  Their campus, however, looks like a surplus Army base that the fed gave away.  Plus it's downwind from the Pine Bluff paper mill.  I think you go there when there are no other choices.  Pine Bluff, Arkansas, is one of the most financially depressed areas I have ever seen.  Home to the Army's Chemical Weapons/Incendiary plant for a good reason.

road trip!

NextYearBill likes this

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

My wife is from Conway, and I had the misfortune of doing business with a chain of grocers in central Arkansas for a short period of time.  Arkansas is god awful.  It has a depression era feel to it.

8 hours ago, thetorch said:

My wife is from Conway, and I had the misfortune of doing business with a chain of grocers in central Arkansas for a short period of time.  Arkansas is god awful.  It has a depression era feel to it.

Can’t be worse than WV coal country and Eastern KY. That’s a trip back in time. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Can’t be worse than WV coal country and Eastern KY. That’s a trip back in time. 

Rural poor I think has a different feel. Almost quaint. Then again my family has land in gasconade county, a double wide with an outhouse. We would go there for "vacation" so I view that lifestyle differently.

Urban blight, it's one thing when you have North St. Louis, but if you drive a couple miles in any direction your in a better area. Urban Arkansas is just whole towns like that, the next town, and the next town after that. Decayed, distressed building stock, shoddy housing, terrible roads and bridges and very few if any businesses.

14 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Is there a Knight's Inn reasonably priced close-by? Asking for a friend.

slufanskip and BilliesBy40 like this

1 minute ago, NextYearBill said:

image.thumb.png.7fb9d6a28901d400769e343557924618.png

hour and a half or so....

No lie....I have stayed in that Knights Inn with the SLU Lacrosse team (we played Harding University).  Opened up a pull out bed and there were bugs, faucet had vice grips instead of a handle, and a few other things.  We checked out about 10 minutes after checking in and just drove to Memphis to stay in a hotel there.  I am not sure what the normal standard of Knights Inns are, but I sure hope that was well below the standard.

1 minute ago, SLU_Lax said:

No lie....I have stayed in that Knights Inn with the SLU Lacrosse team (we played Harding University).  Opened up a pull out bed and there were bugs, faucet had vice grips instead of a handle, and a few other things.  We checked out about 10 minutes after checking in and just drove to Memphis to stay in a hotel there.  I am not sure what the normal standard of Knights Inns are, but I sure hope that was well below the standard.

ROAD TRIP ! ! !

6 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

No lie....I have stayed in that Knights Inn with the SLU Lacrosse team (we played Harding University). 

haha, ive been there too.  Visited a friend at Harding a few years ago, I think they've redid it recently. 

Never stayed in Pine Bluff proper.  Always either downtown Little Rock, North Little Rock or by airport.  If you're ever in Little Rock, tries Doe's Eats Place on West Markham and then head down to the Flying Saucer on East Markham.  You coudl then hop over to the Clinton Library and check out one of Bill's favorite comic books.

Doe's is a steak house.  Order steaks by the pound.  Bring friends.  Smallest steak was like 2.5 pounds.  Comes with a salad (lettuce dripping in oil), red potatoes, french fires, and Texas toast.  Not exactly a health food joint!

16 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

I am not sure what the normal standard of Knights Inns are, but I sure hope that was well below the standard.

I think that's about the normal quality.

15 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Never stayed in Pine Bluff proper.  Always either downtown Little Rock, North Little Rock or by airport.  If you're ever in Little Rock, tries Doe's Eats Place on West Markham and then head down to the Flying Saucer on East Markham.  You coudl then hop over to the Clinton Library and check out one of Bill's favorite comic books.

Doe's is a steak house.  Order steaks by the pound.  Bring friends.  Smallest steak was like 2.5 pounds.  Comes with a salad (lettuce dripping in oil), red potatoes, french fires, and Texas toast.  Not exactly a health food joint!

Doe's might be the most overrated restaurant on the planet. 

14 minutes ago, courtside said:

Joe Lunardi

NCAA seed list. SLU checks in at 34.

With our OOC schedule I don’t see many opportunities to change the pundits’ forecasts. Have to win that Minn game. And then lose only 1 or 2 in conf play to wake them up. 

49 minutes ago, slu72 said:

With our OOC schedule I don’t see many opportunities to change the pundits’ forecasts. Have to win that Minn game. And then lose only 1 or 2 in conf play to wake them up. 

It is interesting to me that a lot of bracketologists - Lunardi included - do not even have Minnesota in the field.  I realize the game is holds more weight as a road game, but I feel like the impact is lessened if Minn isn't in the NCAA field.

Good news is that with the loaded Big 10 Minnesota has a lot opportunities to move up.  Based on very early rankings & eye test, Minn is probably behind Wisconsin, Mich St., Iowa, Ohio State, Indiana, Michigan, and Illinois in the Big 10 pecking order.  They are on a tier with Purdue, Rutgers, and Maryland.  For our sake, we need them to finish better than all of the teams on that 2nd tier and hopefully find a way to finish ahead of a couple of those upper tier teams so that they are solidly in the tournament.

Our OOC schedule isn't helping, but for context, Dayton only beat one tournament team last year in their OOC (St. Mary's). Yes, they had OT losses to KU and CU which moved the needle a lot, but with Dayton as an example we just need to win in the conference. I don't expect us to run the table like Dayton did, but I also don't think anyone on here thinks we are a 1 seed. This team is good enough to win a lot of games and get a dangerous seed in the tournament (4-7). I am excited for, hopefully, a massacre tomorrow.