Taj79

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

Just for shites and giggles ...

December 1, 2020 .... SLU is up to an 8 seed, facing 9 seed Alabama with a win meaning #1 seed Duke.  Wouldn't that be fun?

Yes, that would be fun, I like our chances in both matchups, Duke is good but not scary good. 

1 minute ago, Taj79 said:

Just for shites and giggles ...

December 1, 2020 .... SLU is up to an 8 seed, facing 9 seed Alabama with a win meaning #1 seed Duke.  Wouldn't that be fun?

Normally I scream and run buttttttt, I love our chances in the first game, and teams like Duke don't scare me this year.  Zaga or Baylor would tho. 

rgbilliken and Bills By 40 like this

4 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

I bet we are a 5-7 seed when all is said and done... prime territory for a run.

we'll need help from LSU for this to happen, unless we seriously run train through the A10. But if we suffer around 3 A10 losses, we'll need LSU to finish top 3 in SEC. 

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

we'll need help from LSU for this to happen, unless we seriously run train through the A10. But if we suffer around 3 A10 losses, we'll need LSU to finish top 3 in SEC. 

This is definitely true, and I think LSU is going to be a top 3 SEC team. They are very very talented. 

Looking at Pomeroy, we are up to #40. I assume it is too early to give too much value to this ranking, but here is where our schedule stands in the rankings.

For our non-conference opponents, Minnesota is #36 (away), LSU #38, Indiana State #136, Central Arkansas #250, UMKC #280, Evansville #323, SIU Edwardsville #326, and Arkansas-Pine Bluff #353.

And for the A-10 it goes SLU at #40, Richmond #52 (twice), Dayton #60 (twice), VCU #68 (away), Rhode Island #71 (home), St. Bonaventure #73 (home), Davidson #79 (home), Duquesne #83 (home), George Mason #115 (home), Massachusetts #125 (twice), Saint Joseph's #163 (away), La Salle #166 (twice), Fordham #182 (away), George Washington #225 (away).

I asked this question in another thread, but don't think there was an answer.  Are the computer models still giving additional weight this season to road and neutral wins over home wins? If they are, we need to find some more road games since home court advantage is mostly negated this year.

13 minutes ago, SShoe said:

I asked this question in another thread, but don't think there was an answer.  Are the computer models still giving additional weight this season to road and neutral wins over home wins? If they are, we need to find some more road games since home court advantage is mostly negated this year.

There is the added COVID risk of road games though since you're traveling, staying in a hotel, etc.

SShoe likes this

48 minutes ago, wgstl said:

After watching Kentucky play both Richmond and Kansas I think LSU is as likely as anyone to win the SEC 

The best we can hope for is that LSU wins out their season and Kentucky wins every game except their 1 against LSU

22 minutes ago, SShoe said:

They are giving added weight. I assume there is a chance they adjust those models if it seems like that weight is not justified based on the results

SShoe likes this

57 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Looking at Pomeroy, we are up to #40. I assume it is too early to give too much value to this ranking, but here is where our schedule stands in the rankings.

For our non-conference opponents, Minnesota is #36 (away), LSU #38, Indiana State #136, Central Arkansas #250, UMKC #280, Evansville #323, SIU Edwardsville #326, and Arkansas-Pine Bluff #353.

And for the A-10 it goes SLU at #40, Richmond #52 (twice), Dayton #60 (twice), VCU #68 (away), Rhode Island #71 (home), St. Bonaventure #73 (home), Davidson #79 (home), Duquesne #83 (home), George Mason #115 (home), Massachusetts #125 (twice), Saint Joseph's #163 (away), La Salle #166 (twice), Fordham #182 (away), George Washington #225 (away).

Ah geez, so Pine Bluff is like the worst team in America.  Let's just give them their check and have an inter squad game. 

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Yep. Doesn't matter if you're  345th, 357th, 351... if you're in the bottom 10% you're considered the worst. 

I dunno.  I understand it is early and all of these rankings are a bit suspect, but peep that efficiency margin for Mississippi Valley State compared to all of the other bottom feeders.  At #357 they're further away from 2nd to last #356 South Carolina State, then SC State is to #346 Holy Cross.  Another way of looking at it - if you added the gap in efficiency margin between #357 and #356 to SLU's efficiency margin, then SLU (currently #40) would be a top 10 team on KenPom just ahead of Michigan State.

All of these bottom feeder teams suck, but Mississippi Valley State must really really suck to be that far back of even the 2nd worst team.

8 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I dunno.  I understand it is early and all of these rankings are a bit suspect, but peep that efficiency margin for Mississippi Valley State compared to all of the other bottom feeders.  At #357 they're further away from 2nd to last #356 South Carolina State, then SC State is to #346 Holy Cross.  Another way of looking at it - if you added the gap in efficiency margin between #357 and #356 to SLU's efficiency margin, then SLU (currently #40) would be a top 10 team on KenPom just ahead of Michigan State.

All of these bottom feeder teams suck, but Mississippi Valley State must really really suck to be that far back of even the 2nd worst team.

My point is that they all suck, and theres really no way of saying who exactly is the worst team with such a small sample size. Nor is there really a point.