Record Tracking 2020-2021

Pistol

This season is going to be a little different in terms of records since SLU will play fewer games than normal unless there's a deep March-April run and no COVID-related cancellations. Regardless, I've been doing this the past few seasons and even though a lot of season total numbers will be hard to reach, percentages will be in play and we have a few guys continuing their climb up career record lists. Through two games:

Jordan Goodwin is well into the 1,000 point club now, ending last season with 1,156 career points (24th overall). With 23 points through two games and 1,179 total points, he has already passed Davell Roby (1,160), Brian Conklin (1,161), and Jim McLaughlin (1,170) and sits 21st in career points. He should pass Carl Johnson (1,187) for 20th on Saturday. He needs 315 points to pass Harry Rogers (1,493) and make the top 10. His scoring average of 11.5 is behind his usual pace and wouldn't be a factor in the senior class (Lewis McKinney is 10th at 19.1) and he needs 553 points this season to tie Roland Gray for 10th. His current average of 11.0 rebounds would be good for 7th among seniors, and he is on pace to crack the top 10 in total rebounds, needing 246 to tie Rich Naes. He has 808 career rebounds, which is 7th all-time, and will pass Roland Gray (811) for 6th place this weekend. He has 8 assists this season and needs 120 to tie Darryl Lenard for 10th for seniors. He is closing in on the all-time top 10, currently at 331 and needing 343 to tie Marque Perry for 10th. He has 3 steals so far and needs 49 to join Chris Sloan, Justin Love, and Darryl Lenard in 10th for seniorsHe's already 2nd in career steals, with 185. He will top Anthony Bonner's 192 steals in the next few weeks. He is currently second in career MPG (34.4), tied with Tommie Liddell.

Hasahn French entered the 1,000 point club last season and sits at 1,004 career points, good for 33rd all-time. He is the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 202. With 77 blocks last season, he broke Willie Reed's all-class season mark of 73. French now has the 1st, 4th, and 6th (tie) place marks in the all-class top 10. He needs 27 to make the senior class top 10 and 68 to break Kelvin Henderson's class record. He needs 246 rebounds this season to tie Naes for 10th and needs to average 9.3 rebounds to tie Jerry Koch in rebounding average; Goodwin is also chasing these lists and they crowd each other out of rebounding marks, too. With 842 total rebounds, French is now 5th all-time on the career list. He is 100 behind Dwayne Evans, currently in 4th place with 942.

Javonte Perkins has 54 points through two games and needs 553 to tie Roland Gray for 10th among seniors (567 gets him on the all-class list, tied in 10th with Bob Ferry). His 27.0 average would be the all-time senior and all-class record. His 32-point performance vs. LSU was the 76th time in program history someone scored 30 or more in a game; he has two of them. His .621 field goal percentage would be fourth all-time for a single season and first for seniors. He has 8 three-pointers and needs 56 to tie Roby and Gray in 10th on the senior class list. His .615 three-point percentage would be the all-time record for a single season. His perfect percentage from the free throw line would also be an all-class record. Senior assists (120, Lenard) seems like a stretch but every scoring list is in play.

Joshua Hightower won't compete for any senior records.

Marten Linssen is listed as a senior on some (non-official SLU) rosters but has two seasons of eligibility left and I'm grouping him with juniors. He needs a field goal percentage of .544 to tie Bill Paradoski for 10th among juniors and currently stands at .500. His free throw percentage of .833 would be good for 5th on the junior list. 

Demarius Jacobs would have the junior and all-class field goal percentage record if he finished with his current mark of .750. His three-point percentage (.333) is off the pace he needs to tie Roby and Kevin Lisch in 10th (.384). He needs 52 three pointers to tie Drew Diener in 10th for juniors. His FT percentage of .750 is currently short of 10th for juniors (H Waldman, .805).

Brandon Courtney won't compete for any junior records.

Fred Thatch is being grouped with sophomores based on the expectation that his medical redshirt will be made official. He is not in play for any records at this point.

Yuri Collins needs 102 assists to tie Monroe Douglass in 10th for sophomores. He's averaging 6.0 per game, so he's actually on pace to take the all-time sophomore record (142) from LaTodd Johnson despite the shortened season. He has 3 steals and needs 39 to tie Jordair Jett for 10th among sophomores.

Terrence Hargrove is .500 from the field and needs to go up to .509 to tie Kevin Williams in 10th for sophomores. His three-point percentage of .667 would be an all-class record, as would his perfect FT percentage.

Jimmy Bell is .500 from the field and also needs to be at .509 for the sophomore top 10.

Gibson Jimerson is grouped with the freshmen despite already being second in freshman three-point field goal percentage at .429, which is also god for eighth on the all-class list. (He hit the minimum attempt number in his 10 games last year and I don't know yet how this will be handled if he has two freshman seasons.) His scoring average of 13.5 would be good for fifth on the freshman class list. He needs 321 points to tie Lisch and Milik Yarbrough to make the freshman top 10 in total points. His field goal percentage of .588 would be third among freshman. His three-point percentage of .583 would be an all-class record.

Markhi Strickland has two steals and needs 33 to tie Carlos McCauley for 10th among freshmen.

Andre Lorentsson is perfect from the FT line, which would be an all-class record if he can get to 50 attempts.

Phillip Russell is currently .333 from the perimeter, short of 10th for freshmen in three-point percentage (.366, Mike McCall). He has two steals and needs 33 to tie McCauley for 10th among freshmen.

Compton and dennis_w like this

Based on how they are all list on the official SLU roster, I'm guessing that they are just going to add multiple senior seasons onto the end if necessary for medical redshirt players who accumulated stats during their injury years (Thatch & Jimerson) and/or guys who take extra COVID years.  It is certainly a weird thing for records purposes.

Not a huge deal, but my vote is that you start counting Jimerson as a soph & Thatch as a junior for these posts since that is how they show up on the official roster.

33 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Jimerson is going to destroy  the all time scoring record if he stays healthy.  With four more seasons of eligibility after this season, there is jut no way he won't score over 2,000 points in his career.

This would be really awesome to see, but I doubt Jimerson sticks around for 4 more seasons after this one.  @HoosierPal reported in a different thread that Jimerson is on track to graduate early.  That means he could theoretically have an undergrad degree and MBA from SLU and still  have 2 years of eligibility left, right?  At that point, I wonder if he'd just decide to go pro instead of continuing his college career.  Who knows.

Also keep in mind that Goodwin could theoretically set the all time scoring record & even top 2,000 if he decides to stick around after this year.  He'd actually finish #1 in a ton of stat categories if he does that.

18 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Based on how they are all list on the official SLU roster, I'm guessing that they are just going to add multiple senior seasons onto the end if necessary for medical redshirt players who accumulated stats during their injury years (Thatch & Jimerson) and/or guys who take extra COVID years.  It is certainly a weird thing for records purposes.

Not a huge deal, but my vote is that you start counting Jimerson as a soph & Thatch as a junior for these posts since that is how they show up on the official roster.

This would be really awesome to see, but I doubt Jimerson sticks around for 4 more seasons after this one.  @HoosierPal reported in a different thread that Jimerson is on track to graduate early.  That means he could theoretically have an undergrad degree and MBA from SLU and still  have 2 years of eligibility left, right?  At that point, I wonder if he'd just decide to go pro instead of continuing his college career.  Who knows.

Also keep in mind that Goodwin could theoretically set the all time scoring record & even top 2,000 if he decides to stick around after this year.  He'd actually finish #1 in a ton of stat categories if he does that.

I think, but I am not certain, that you don't use your redshirt waiver until your normal eligibility is used up.  So both players would have to go through 4 years before they use their redshirt season.  (But now it is 5 years?)  I track records just like Pistol, and I am putting Thatch in as a Junior and Jimerson as a Sophomore for now.  The numbers can be easily moved from one class backwards.  What I am (almost) certain is that Jimerson and Thatch's existing Freshman and Sophomore totals from last season won't be added to using this season totals.

If Thatch is on track to graduate early, he theoretically could be done after this season.  Jimerson could graduate early after next season, his third scholastic year.  Mike Crawford received his BA in 2016 after three years at SLU and went ahead into a Master's program staying for the 2016-2017 season.  Welmer got his first Bachelors degree after three years at SLU, but he may have brought credits with him from Prep School. He stayed and got a second Bachelors. 

Would any young adult like college enough to spend 6 years there?  That is what Thatch and Jimerson could be looking at with 4 normal + redshirt + free year.  Maybe they would have a PhD by then.

34 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

The thing is that Jimerson is going to top 2000 even if he doesn’t take the extra year for COVID. He just needs to not get hurt  and average about 14 points a game to break 2,000.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I think, but I am not certain, that you don't use your redshirt waiver until your normal eligibility is used up.  So both players would have to go through 4 years before they use their redshirt season.  (But now it is 5 years?)  I track records just like Pistol, and I am putting Thatch in as a Junior and Jimerson as a Sophomore for now.  The numbers can be easily moved from one class backwards.  What I am (almost) certain is that Jimerson and Thatch's existing Freshman and Sophomore totals from last season won't be added to using this season totals.

If Thatch is on track to graduate early, he theoretically could be done after this season.  Jimerson could graduate early after next season, his third scholastic year.  Mike Crawford received his BA in 2016 after three years at SLU and went ahead into a Master's program staying for the 2016-2017 season.  Welmer got his first Bachelors degree after three years at SLU, but he may have brought credits with him from Prep School. He stayed and got a second Bachelors. 

Would any young adult like college enough to spend 6 years there?  That is what Thatch and Jimerson could be looking at with 4 normal + redshirt + free year.  Maybe they would have a PhD by then.

According to Sports Reference Thatch and Jimerson have already received their medical redshirt waiver. So Jimerson is a redshirt freshman and Thatch a redshirt sophomore.

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

According to Sports Reference Thatch and Jimerson have already received their medical redshirt waiver. So Jimerson is a redshirt freshman and Thatch a redshirt sophomore.

The NCAA looks at the MRS year as being at the end, after the normal four or five year window has passed.  At least that is what I have read. 

It is really up to the SLU AD as to how they place Jimerson and Thatch in the Record Book this season.  That is all we are really talking about here.  I will follow the AD lead. Today they are Junior and Sophomore.  Maybe they change that tomorrow.

They will have an interesting issue to resolve when the free year comes into play for this roster.  First, in which class do you put the extra year?  Second, do you put an * by any career records achieved in 5 years.  Right now there are no * for any records, but the records are for on one, two and three year players, not five year players.

15 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I didn't want to like this post, because I don't like the subject, even though I completely agree with it.  Not only is the issue that a kid won't want to stay in school for 6 years, it the free transfer rule that appears to be coming.  If that comes to pass, ACC schools will be all over Gibson after this season.

HoosierPal likes this

16 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I would have loved 6 years of college. 
College is a lot more fun than the working world but I was going into a normal job. 
If your job is going to be a professional athlete you better start making that money. I would also imagine being a pro basketball player in Australia or Europe would be pretty awesome.

7 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I didn't want to like this post, because I don't like the subject, even though I completely agree with it.  Not only is the issue that a kid won't want to stay in school for 6 years, it the free transfer rule that appears to be coming.  If that comes to pass, ACC schools will be all over Gibson after this season.

He's not leaving a final 4 team. 

rgbilliken likes this

On 11/30/2020 at 6:31 PM, HoosierPal said:

I went to SLU for 6 years. I wasn’t a redshirt basketball player, I was just dumb and partied way to much (with some pretty significant health issues mixed in). I can say from experience, it starts to get old after a while.

And I’m going to go ahead and quote Tommy Boy to make fun of myself before anyone else gets the chance to.

Reinert310 (Tommy): “Hey, did you hear I finally graduated?”

Richard: “Yeah. And just a shade under a decade too. Alright”

Reinert310 (Tommy) “A lot of people go to college for 7 years.”

Richard: “Yeah. They’re called doctors.”

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Compton said:

Didn't realize this at the time, but Coach Ford passed Crews on the all-time Billikens wins list with the victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

Coach is currently tied for 6th all-time with Soderberg at 80 wins. Next on the list is RickMa with 95. 

This is doable during the current season.

almaman likes this

9 hours ago, Compton said:

Didn't realize this at the time, but Coach Ford passed Crews on the all-time Billikens wins list with the victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

Coach is currently tied for 6th all-time with Soderberg at 80 wins. Next on the list is RickMa with 95. 

Great stuff. So if we play a full season (i.e. no long stretches off), he should be fourth by the end of it.

I'll do another record update on the players tomorrow.

HoosierPal likes this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Great stuff. So if we play a full season (i.e. no long stretches off), he should be fourth by the end of it.

I'll do another record update on the players tomorrow.

If Coach passes RickMa this year then he'd be 5th all-time and would need another season to make a run at the 4 spot. Here's my understanding of all-time wins: 

1. Eddie Hickey - 212
  2. Rich Grawer - 159
  3. Charlie Spoonhour - 122
  4. John Benington - 118
  5. Rick Majerus - 95
  6. Travis Ford / Brad Soderberg - 80 
  8. Jim Crews - 77
  9. Robert Polk - 72

^ & ^^ Agreed on both fronts. The only coaches to have a faster pace of wins in their first 4 seasons than Coach Ford (who had 75) were Ed Hickey (who racked up 85 wins, especially impressive in an era of fewer games per year) and Jim Crews (who racked up 77, heavily weighted to his first 2 years). 

Coach Ford's rate is particularly impressive considering 1) the state of the team he inherited (Ed Hickey inherited a team that had just won the MVC, Jim Crews inherited a team that had just finished 2nd in the A10) and 2) that he missed out on potential additional wins with the cancellation of the A10 and NCAA tournaments. 

Update through six games:

Jordan Goodwin is well into the 1,000 point club now. Now with 91 points through six games and 1,247 total points, he just passed Carl Johnson (1,187), Mike McCall, Jr. (1,212), and Jordair Jett (1,239) for 18th all-time. Next is Jim Irving, in 17th place with 1,269 career points.. He needs 246 more points to pass Harry Rogers (1,493) and make the top 10. His scoring average of 15.2 wouldn't be a factor in the senior class (Lewis McKinney is 10th at 19.1) and he needs 553 points this season to tie Roland Gray for 10th. His current average of 11.0 rebounds would be good for 7th among seniors, and he is on pace to crack the top 10 in total rebounds, needing 246 to tie Rich Naes. He has 852 career rebounds, which is 6th all-time, having just passed Roland Gray (811) a few games back. He has 21 assists this season and needs 120 to tie Darryl Lenard for 10th for seniors. He just entered the all-time top 10 for assists, now with 344 and passing Marque Perry (343) for 10th. He has 14 steals so far and needs 49 to join Chris Sloan, Justin Love, and Darryl Lenard in 10th for seniorsHe just surpassed Anthony Bonner's all-time record of 192 steals, now with 196. He is currently third in career MPG (34.3), right behind Tommie Liddell (34.4). He has 3,391 total minutes played and needs to reach 3,538 (Erwin Claggett) to make the top 10.

Hasahn French also entered the 1,000 point club last season and sits at 1,037 career points, tied with Jeff Harris in 31st on the all-time list, and recently passing Bob Cole (1,016). He is the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 210. With 77 blocks last season, he broke Willie Reed's all-class season mark of 73. French now has the 1st, 4th, and 6th (tie) place marks in the all-class top 10. He has 8 so far this season and needs 27 to make the senior class top 10 and 68 to break Kelvin Henderson's class record. He has 33 rebounds (8.3 per game), needing 246 rebounds this season to tie Naes for 10th and an average of 9.3 RPG to tie Jerry Koch in rebounding average; Goodwin is also chasing these lists and they crowd each other out of rebounding marks, too. With 875 total rebounds, French is now 5th all-time on the career list. Next up is Dwayne Evans, currently in 4th place with 942.

Javonte Perkins has 117 points through six games and needs 553 to tie Roland Gray for 10th among seniors (567 gets him on the all-class list, tied in 10th with Bob Ferry). His 19.5 average would be 10th on the all-time senior list and just outside the all-class top 10 (Bonner averaged 19.8 in 1989-1990). He needs to play three more games to qualify for the all-time scoring average top 10 list, and at 15.7 PPG, he would be tied in 11th with Jim Irving. His 32-point performance vs. LSU was the 76th time in program history someone scored 30 or more in a game; he now has two of them. His .566 field goal percentage would rank seventh all time for seniors. He has 14 three-pointers and needs 56 to tie Roby and Gray in 10th on the senior class list. His .583 three-point percentage would be the all-time record for a single season. His .850 percentage from the free throw line would be good for fifth best ever among seniors and ninth all-time. Senior assists (120, Lenard) seems like a stretch but every scoring list is in play.

Marten Linssen is listed as a senior on some (non-official SLU) rosters but has two seasons of eligibility left and I'm grouping him with juniors. His field goal percentage of .667 would be an all-time record. His free throw percentage of .800 would be just outside the junior top 10. 

Demarius Jacobs would have the junior and all-class field goal percentage record if he finished with his current mark of .714. His three-point percentage (.714) would also be a record breaker for all classes. He needs 52 three pointers to tie Drew Diener in 10th for juniors and has 5 so far. His FT percentage of .708 is currently short of 10th for juniors (H Waldman, .805).

Fred Thatch is being grouped with sophomores based on the expectation that his medical redshirt will be made official. He is not in play for any records at this point.

Yuri Collins needs 102 assists to tie Monroe Douglass in 10th for sophomores and currently has 44. He's averaging 7.3 per game, so he's actually on pace to take the all-time sophomore record (142) from LaTodd Johnson despite the shortened season. He has 13 steals and needs 39 to tie Jordair Jett for 10th among sophomores. His FT% of .778 is barely shy of the sophomore list, as Jalen Johnson is 10th at .779. However, his FG% of .514 would currently rank ninth all-time for sophomores.

Terrence Hargrove is .526 from the field, tied with Carl Johnson in 7th for sophomores. His three-point percentage of .714 would be an all-class record, as would his perfect FT percentage. He needs 50 attempts from each, though, to be eligible.

Jimmy Bell is .500 from the field and also needs to be at .509 for the sophomore top 10.

Gibson Jimerson is grouped with the freshmen despite already being second in freshman three-point field goal percentage at .429, which is also god for eighth on the all-class list. (He hit the minimum attempt number in his 10 games last year and I haven't seen official word on how this will be handled if he has two freshman seasons.) His scoring average of 13.2 would be tied with Scott Highmark for fifth on the freshman class list. He needs 321 points to tie Lisch and Milik Yarbrough to make the freshman top 10 in total points. His field goal percentage of .536 would be eighth among freshman. His three-point percentage of .444 would be a freshman record and sixth overall.

Markhi Strickland has seven steals and needs 33 to tie Carlos McCauley for 10th among freshmen.

Andre Lorentsson is perfect from the FT line, which would be an all-class record if he can get to 50 attempts.

Phillip Russell is currently not in play for any freshman class records.

brianstl and Compton like this

• 3 weeks later...

Update through eight games, the full non-conference schedule, below. This season is impossible to project out because I'm not sure how many games we'll end up playing, depending on whether some or all postponed games get rescheduled. Nevertheless, here we go:

Jordan Goodwin is well into the 1,000 point club. With 135 points through eight games and 1,291 total points, he just passed Jim Irving (1,269) for 17th place all-time. Next is Lewis McKinney (1,325) in 16th. He needs to reach 1,493 (Harry Rogers) to make the top 10. His scoring average of 16.9 wouldn't be a factor in the senior class (Lewis McKinney is 10th at 19.1) and he needs 553 points this season to tie Roland Gray for 10th. His current average of 11.1 rebounds would be good for 7th among seniors, and he is on pace to crack the top 10 in total rebounds, needing 246 to tie Rich Naes. He has 875 career rebounds, which is 6th all-time, and he and French (886) are both chasing Dwayne Evans (942) for fourth. He has 30 assists this season and needs 120 to tie Darryl Lenard for 10th for seniors. He is in the all-time top 10 for assists, now with 353, tied in 7th with Jim Roder. He has 17 steals so far this season and needs 49 to join Chris Sloan, Justin Love, and Darryl Lenard in 10th for seniorsHe owns the all-time steals record, now with 199. He is currently third in career MPG (34.3), right behind Tommie Liddell (34.4). He has 3,462 total minutes played and needs to reach 3,538 (Erwin Claggett) to make the top 10.

Hasahn French also entered the 1,000 point club last season and sits at 1,057 career points, currently 29th all-time. He recently passed Jeff Harris (1,037), Ian Vouyoukas (1,046), and David Burns (1,049), and is five points behind Cody Ellis (1,062). He is the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 213. With 77 blocks last season, he broke Willie Reed's all-class season mark of 73. French now has the 1st, 4th, and 6th (tie) place marks in the all-class top 10. He has 11 so far this season and needs 27 to make the senior class top 10 and 68 to break Kelvin Henderson's class record. He has 44 rebounds (7.3 per game), needing 246 rebounds this season to tie Naes for 10th and an average of 9.3 RPG to tie Jerry Koch in rebounding average; Goodwin is also chasing these lists and they crowd each other out of rebounding marks, too. With 886 total rebounds, French is now 5th all-time on the career list. Next up is Dwayne Evans, currently in 4th place with 942. His field goal percentage of .578 would be fourth among seniors and 10th on the all-class season list.

Javonte Perkins has 142 points through eight games and needs to reach 553 to tie Roland Gray for 10th among seniors (567 gets him on the all-class list, tied in 10th with Bob Ferry). His 17.8 average would be outside the senior top 10 and the all-class top 10 (Bonner averaged 19.8 in 1989-1990). He needs to play one more game to qualify for the all-time scoring average top 10 list, and at 15.6 PPG, he would be 12th overall. His 32-point performance vs. LSU was the 76th time in program history someone scored 30 or more in a game; he now has two of them. His .536 field goal percentage would be a bit short of the top 10 for seniors. He has 17 three-pointers and needs 56 to tie Roby and Gray in 10th on the senior class list. His .548 three-point percentage would be the all-time record for a single season. His .808 percentage from the free throw line is a little shy of the top 10 for seniors. Senior assists (120, Lenard) seems like a stretch but every scoring list is in play.

Marten Linssen has a field goal percentage of .593, which would be second for juniors and fifth for any class. His free throw percentage of .800 would be just outside the junior top 10. 

Demarius Jacobs would have the junior and all-class field goal percentage record if he finished with his current mark of .704. His three-point percentage (.700) would also be a record breaker for all classes. He needs 52 three pointers to tie Drew Diener in 10th for juniors and has 7 so far. His FT percentage of .708 is currently short of 10th for juniors (H Waldman, .805).

Fred Thatch is .857 from the FT line, which would be second on the sophomore list if he can get to 50 attempts. He has 8 steals and needs to reach 39 (Jordair Jett) for the sophomore top 10.

Yuri Collins needs to reach 102 assists to tie Monroe Douglass in 10th for sophomores and currently has 58. He's averaging 7.3 per game and is on pace to take the all-time sophomore record (142) from LaTodd Johnson despite the shortened season. He has 15 steals and needs 39 to tie Jett for 10th among sophomores. His FT% of .778 is barely shy of the sophomore list, as Jalen Johnson is 10th at .779. His FG% of .488 is also a little short of the sophomore top 10.

Terrence Hargrove is .500 from the field, just outside the sophomore top 10. His three-point percentage of .500 would be a sophomore record and tie Roland Gray for the all-class record. He's perfect from the FT line, which would be a program record. He needs 50 attempts from each, though, to be eligible.

Gibson Jimerson is grouped with the freshmen despite already being second in freshman three-point field goal percentage at .429, which is also god for eighth on the all-class list. His scoring average of 11.3 would be ninth on the freshman class list. He needs to reach 321 points to tie Kevin Lisch and Milik Yarbrough to make the freshman top 10 in total points. His field goal percentage of .507 would be short of the freshman top 10. His three-point percentage of .425 would be third for freshmen.

Markhi Strickland has seven steals and needs 33 to tie Carlos McCauley for 10th among freshmen.

• 1 month later...

Update through 12 games below. This season remains impossible to project out because of cancellations, postponements, and general uncertainty. Nevertheless, here we go:

Jordan Goodwin is well into the 1,000 point club. With 184 points through eight games and 1,340 total points, he just passed Lewis McKinney (1,325) for 16th place all-time. Next is Luther Burden (1,349) in 15th. He needs to reach 1,493 (Harry Rogers) to make the top 10. His scoring average of 15.3 wouldn't be a factor in the senior class (Lewis McKinney is 10th at 19.1) and he needs 553 points this season to tie Roland Gray for 10th. His current average of 10.3 rebounds would be tied with Eugene Moore for 7th among seniors, and he is halfway to the top 10 in total rebounds, needing 246 to tie Rich Naes. He has 909 career rebounds, which is 6th all-time, and he and French (912) are both chasing Dwayne Evans (942) for fourth. He has 41 assists this season and needs 120 to tie Darryl Lenard for 10th for seniors. He is in the all-time top 10 for assists, now with 364, which is 7th. He has 25 steals so far this season and needs to reach 49 to join Chris Sloan, Justin Love, and Darryl Lenard in 10th for seniorsHe owns the all-time steals record, now with 207. He is currently third in career MPG (34.3), right behind Tommie Liddell (34.4). He has 3,597 total minutes played, which is 10th all time, and he will likely pass Dwayne Evans (3,616) for 9th in the next game.

Hasahn French also entered the 1,000 point club last season and sits at 1,084 career points, currently 28th all-time. He recently passed Cody Ellis (1,062) and Virgel Cobbin (1,107) is next. He is the program's all-time blocked shots leader, with 217. With 77 blocks last season, he broke Willie Reed's all-class season mark of 73. French now has the 1st, 4th, and 6th (tie) place marks in the all-class top 10. He has 15 so far this season and needs 27 to make the senior class top 10 and 68 to break Kelvin Henderson's class record. He has 70 rebounds (8.4 per game), needing 246 rebounds this season to tie Naes for 10th and an average of 9.3 RPG to tie Jerry Koch in rebounding average; Goodwin is also chasing these lists and they crowd each other out of rebounding marks, too. With 912 total rebounds, French is now 5th all-time on the career list. Next up is Dwayne Evans, currently in 4th place with 942. His field goal percentage of .552 would be tied for tenth among seniors with Kenny Brown.

Javonte Perkins has 212 points through 12 games and needs to reach 553 to tie Roland Gray for 10th among seniors (567 gets him on the all-class list, tied in 10th with Bob Ferry). His 17.7 average would be outside the senior top 10 and the all-class top 10 (Bonner averaged 19.8 in 1989-1990). He is tied with Jim Irving at 11th on the career scoring average list, with 15.7 PPG. His 32-point performance vs. LSU was the 76th time in program history someone scored 30 or more in a game; he now has two of them. His .466 field goal percentage would be a bit short of the top 10 for seniors. He has 23 three-pointers and needs 56 to tie Roby and Gray in 10th on the senior class list. His .426 three-point percentage would be tenth overall in a season and fifth among seniors. His .860 percentage from the free throw line would be fourth for seniors and seventh overall in a season.

Marten Linssen has a field goal percentage of .667, which would be a season record for any class, but right now he has 36 FGA and needs 100. His free throw percentage of .760 would be outside the junior top 10. 

Demarius Jacobs would finish second for juniors and fourth for any class with his FG% of .619. He needs 100 FGA, though, and is at 42. His three-point percentage (.476) would be fourth among all classes and first for juniors if he can get to 50 attempts (he has 21). He needs 52 three pointers to tie Drew Diener in 10th for juniors and has 10 so far. His FT percentage of .750 is currently short of 10th for juniors (H Waldman, .805).

Fred Thatch is .944 from the FT line, which would be a sophomore and all-class record if he can get to 50 attempts (he has 18). He has 9 steals and needs to reach 39 (Jordair Jett) for the sophomore top 10.

Yuri Collins needs to reach 102 assists to tie Monroe Douglass in 10th for sophomores and currently has 77. He's averaging 6.4 per game and could still take the all-time sophomore record (142) from LaTodd Johnson despite the shortened season. He has 18 steals and needs 39 to tie Jett for 10th among sophomores. His FT% of .750 is barely shy of the sophomore list, as Jalen Johnson is 10th at .779.

Terrence Hargrove is .500 from the field, just outside the sophomore top 10. His three-point percentage of .500 would be a sophomore record and tie Roland Gray for the all-class record. He's perfect from the FT line, which would be a program record. He needs to hit the minimum attempts, though, to be eligible, and currently has 30 FGA and 5 FTA.

Jimmy Bell is .529 from the field, which would be sixth among sophomores. He has 17 FGA, though, and needs 100.

Gibson Jimerson is grouped with the freshmen despite already being second in freshman three-point field goal percentage at .429, which is also god for eighth on the all-class list. His scoring average of 10.5 would be just shy of the freshman class list. He needs to reach 321 points to tie Kevin Lisch and Milik Yarbrough to make the freshman top 10 in total points. His field goal percentage of .479 would be short of the freshman top 10. His three-point percentage of .443 would be a freshman record and sixth for all classes. He's also perfect from the FT line through 9 attempts but needs 50 to be eligible.