GDT: Beat the Tigahs

wgstl

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 3star_recruit said:

Perkins with a quick find inside to Hargrove out of the timeout and Strickland with a tough challenge to preserve the 10 point lead going into half.  Nicely done, Billikens!

Says a lot about Strickland that Ford would go to him for D there at the end of the half.  I know Collins & Goodwin each had 2 fouls so that limits your options a bit, but still.

I'll agree they are executing today.  I only saw about 3 questionable passes but it was from 3 different players (JG, TH, YC).  Overall executing at a high level today.  I was worried when they started off slow in the first 2 minutes about the patented not showing up for the big stage of the past.  However, they are up 10 at the half over a good team.  Plus FTs!!! So nice to hit em

Just now, cgeldmacher said:

If Strickland develops a shot, he's going to be a stud in two years.  He seems to have elements of Hargrove and Thatch in his game already.

Agreed, he just strikes me as the type of athletic slam jammer you typically see coming in off the bench for the Kentucky's and UNC's of the world. He's gonna be fun to watch. 

NoCoBillsFan likes this

At Lake O listening on the KMOX radio app no internet I am too cheap.

Nice half Perkins is a scoring machine and Jacobs establishes himself JGood is typical JGood and enough big man contribution to keep LSU honest.

Just think what this team looks like with French.

Another note the players never panicked when they struggled they figured it out and dominated.

Put the foot on the gas and get after LSU and win this.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

Just amazed we're up 10 when we had stretches of no Perkins, no Goodwin, no Yuri, no Linssen.  We went ten guys deep and didn't have a lull like we usually do when our starters come out.

Seems like coach likes the matchup of Bell better than Linssen today

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

This game is about to open up

I don't want to count chickens before they hatch, etc., but I'm inclined to agree.  Here's why:

• Perkins was just 2-7 and 0-3 from 3 that half.  Likewise Goodwin was 2-7 and 0-2 from 3.
  • We had some silly turnovers where we tired to do a little too much
  • Jacobs seems pretty locked in.  In the past, he'd coast through a game where he isn't engaged, but we don't have to worry about that today.
  • 10 assists for the Bills & only 4 for LSU.
  • LSU has gotten some hot shooting from Smart, but he doesn't shoot that well historically.
  • We seemed to push the ball more as the half went on and it was working before Collins sat w 2 fouls.  I'd like to see more of that if it is available.  We did that against VCU last year to just stop on their throats.
wgstl likes this