ESPN+

GOSLU68

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2020 at 7:07 PM, GOSLU68 said:

We signed up a day early excited to see first game vs anyone Siu-e

for the entire game we kept losing video and sound and red bar would appear perfectly broadcasting “Buffering”. We never experienced as much as one minute with having to press “back” and center button remote to pick with game in process.

we have spectrum 200mb 2018 or 2019 Smart TV 65”

was it something we don’t know how to do or was it the feed from Chaifetz as other games seemed fine

Help, please ... three questions after a little background.

Background: Signed up for ESPN+ for the first game, and watched every Billikens game this season, no problems. Monthly fee rolled over around Christmas, but no games since then. Successfully canceled ESPN+ (which is a bit tricky, but found directions for doing this).

From what I can tell, eight of the remaining scheduled games will be on CBSS, and the two Richmond games will be on ESPN and ESPN2.

TV here is antenna; and a family member nearby has basic Spectrum, but it doesn't seem to include CBSS.

First question: Am I correct that tonight's game, and the rest of those on CBSS, will NOT be on ESPN+ ?

Second question: Does CBS All Access ($5.99 a month) provide access to tonight's SLU-Dayton game?

Third question: I have an antenna, not cable. What are the options for watching tonight's SLU-Dayton game? I'm open to suggestions, both for tonight, and for the remaining games that will be on CBSS. In past years, I successfully used a link from gameday info for away games that I couldn't find otherwise, and I'm open to doing that again. I'm also open to figuring out a way to get CBSS for the next month. Suggestions?

8 minutes ago, Minerva N. Owl said:

Background: Signed up for ESPN+ for the first game, and watched every Billikens game this season, no problems. Monthly fee rolled over around Christmas, but no games since then. Successfully canceled ESPN+ (which is a bit tricky, but found directions for doing this).

From what I can tell, eight of the remaining scheduled games will be on CBSS, and the two Richmond games will be on ESPN and ESPN2.

TV here is antenna; and a family member nearby has basic Spectrum, but it doesn't seem to include CBSS.

First question: Am I correct that tonight's game, and the rest of those on CBSS, will NOT be on ESPN+ ?

Second question: Does CBS All Access ($5.99 a month) provide access to tonight's SLU-Dayton game?

Third question: I have an antenna, not cable. What are the options for watching tonight's SLU-Dayton game? I'm open to suggestions, both for tonight, and for the remaining games that will be on CBSS. In past years, I successfully used a link from gameday info for away games that I couldn't find otherwise, and I'm open to doing that again. I'm also open to figuring out a way to get CBSS for the next month. Suggestions?

To answer your first question, the only games that should be on ESPN+ are the games scheduled to be on Fox Sports Midwest or ESPN channels

Minerva N. Owl likes this

14 minutes ago, Minerva N. Owl said:

Answer to second question is no: https://cordcuttingreport.com/2020/09/02/watch-cbs-sports-network/ 

(You CAN watch every season of Survivor though. A+ pandemic binge viewing.) 

Minerva N. Owl likes this

18 minutes ago, slubillikens43 said:

To answer your first question, the only games that should be on ESPN+ are the games scheduled to be on Fox Sports Midwest or ESPN channels

Games on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU are NOT available to ESPN+ subscribers. They are only available to ESPN cable subscribers. But that's true about ESPN+ carrying all of the FSMW games. 

For those of you in St. Louis County without the cable package for CBSSN, I will be going to Michael's Bar and Grill in Maplewood. They are open to indoor dining and should have CBSSN, I have not confirmed yet though I am about to leave to go to Michael's (I live a few blocks away). I have watched a few games there this season, games that were not on ESPN+ including Minnesota. The bar has the only spots to watch TV essentially, they have very good food though, it is not bottom shelf in terms of cost. I'll confirm if they carry CBSSN when I get there.

Michael's Bar & Grill (link)

7101 Manchester Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63143

STOMP ON THEIR THROATS BILLS!!! YEEEEEEEEEEE!! #FINALFOUR

25 minutes ago, WestPineJunior said:

For those of you in St. Louis County without the cable package for CBSSN, I will be going to Michael's Bar and Grill in Maplewood. They are open to indoor dining and should have CBSSN, I have not confirmed yet though I am about to leave to go to Michael's (I live a few blocks away). I have watched a few games there this season, games that were not on ESPN+ including Minnesota. The bar has the only spots to watch TV essentially, they have very good food though, it is not bottom shelf in terms of cost. I'll confirm if they carry CBSSN when I get there.

Michael's Bar & Grill (link)

7101 Manchester Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63143

STOMP ON THEIR THROATS BILLS!!! YEEEEEEEEEEE!! #FINALFOUR

It does have CBSSN