Locals, Tools and potential transfers to SLU

ACE

i agree with hoosierPal, unless he gets very solid guarantee he would get drafted first round by an NBA solid source by staying another year, imo he would be foolish passing up a significant paycheck overseas.   take the money and run before you blow out a knew, hurt your back etc.   he is a perfect european player as is right now.   

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HoosierPal, I have no doubt that foreign leagues MAY pay some players over $80,000 but not all players will get this level. Every country and every league is likely to have its own pay standards for the elite players and the rest of the players. There is no guarantee Perkins will be offered an elite level salary by a foreign league

37 minutes ago, Old guy said:

HoosierPal, I have no doubt that foreign leagues MAY pay some players over $80,000 but not all players will get this level. Every country and every league is likely to have its own pay standards for the elite players and the rest of the players. There is no guarantee Perkins will be offered an elite level salary by a foreign league

I posted this article a while back, and found it, that shows typical foreign league salaries with ranges.  Some leagues also provide living expenses in addition to the salary.  Tax situations likely vary all over the place. 

https://www.loveatfirstfit.com/guides/overseas-basketball-players-salary-table-chart-for-leagues-around-the-world/

Not saying anything about what Perkins should or should not do, but he likely could make more coin abroad than he would staying here with a NIL contract from Imo's.😄

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I posted this article a while back, and found it, that shows typical foreign league salaries with ranges.  Some leagues also provide living expenses in addition to the salary.  Tax situations likely vary all over the place. 

https://www.loveatfirstfit.com/guides/overseas-basketball-players-salary-table-chart-for-leagues-around-the-world/

Not saying anything about what Perkins should or should not do, but he likely could make more coin abroad than he would staying here with a NIL contract from Imo's.😄

wow good info. thanks for posting. not much pay down under is disappointing Crawford may be paid more as legal beagle than Lisch ever was down there.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

wow good info. thanks for posting. not much pay down under is disappointing Crawford may be paid more as legal beagle than Lisch ever was down there.

pretty sure lisch was making 6 figures when he was done.   and thought i also remember him getting living expenses.  might be wrong it's been awhile since i have talked to him.  

Lisch was an MVP and multiple first teamer in the NBL.  He was making 250k and maybe more.  Jett & Conklin were on the lower end 60-80k.  When Conklin was booted off his team and blackballed by the league he was coming off a near MVP season and had a much bigger contract, which his team quickly voided.

27 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Lisch was an MVP and multiple first teamer in the NBL.  He was making 250k and maybe more.  Jett & Conklin were on the lower end 60-80k.  When Conklin was booted off his team and blackballed by the league he was coming off a near MVP season and had a much bigger contract, which his team quickly voided.

I must’ve missed that about Conklin. Can you expand? Wiki said he got in trouble a few times for elbowing opponents

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Agree about not trying to direct the players to any destinations, they have to decide what is best for themselves. Remember that there are places that are great to live in, and other places that may not be so great to live in, all of this has to go into the mix. I wish them all all the best with their decisions and their careers.

Fisher went to Spain but did he actually play in La Liga?  Dude's still there,  married one of the Spanish students formerly seen smoking cigs outside Davis-Schaughnessy Hall.

majerus mojo likes this

5 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Fisher went to Spain but did he actually play in La Liga?  Dude's still there,  married one of the Spanish students formerly seen smoking cigs outside Davis-Schaughnessy Hall.

Fisher played in La Liga and Euroleague, mostly for Real Madrid and Canary Islands.  He was never a star, a deep reserve for about 9 seasons.

Fletcher not playing a blowout victory for UK. If he is not going to see the floor in a game like that, not sure he ever will. He gone.

Clark, after playing very limited minutes the previous three games, did not see the floor in a close Georgetown loss. Georgetown is now 3-8.

billiken_roy likes this

25 minutes ago, ACE said:

Fletcher not playing a blowout victory for UK. If he is not going to see the floor in a game like that, not sure he ever will. He gone.

Clark, after playing very limited minutes the previous three games, did not see the floor in a close Georgetown loss. Georgetown is now 3-8.

Ever since Cal ate crow and began playing in-state shooter Dontaie Allen significant minutes, UK has looked like a different team.  The threat of his shot allows everybody else to do with they do.  And now forward Keion Brooks is back from injury and looking like one of UK's best players.  The good thing for Cam is as for as eligibility is concerned, this year doesn't count anyway.  He's got a chance to pick a much better fit once the season ends and hit the reset button.

Patrick Ewing just landed five star small forward Aminu Mohammed who is lighting it up in Springfield, MO this year.  Guys who are playing now will get their minutes cut next year, never mind guys who are not playing. Kobe would have been better off going to a Valley school and transferring up after a couple of years.  But it's very hard for kids to see the big picture.  

32 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Ever since Cal ate crow and began playing in-state shooter Dontaie Allen significant minutes, UK has looked like a different team.  The threat of his shot allows everybody else to do with they do.  And now forward Keion Brooks is back from injury and looking like one of UK's best players.  The good thing for Cam is as for as eligibility is concerned, this year doesn't count anyway.  He's got a chance to pick a much better fit once the season ends and hit the reset button.

Patrick Ewing just landed five star small forward Aminu Mohammed who is lighting it up in Springfield, MO this year.  Guys who are playing now will get their minutes cut next year, never mind guys who are not playing. Kobe would have been better off going to a Valley school and transferring up after a couple of years.  But it's very hard for kids to see the big picture.  

Also, Kentucky just picked up that good transfer big from West Virginia for next year. 

What type of players are Fletcher and Clark?  Could either be considered a replacement for any of the 3 we may lose. I say may lose because we don’t know what Javonte’s plans are. I lean towards he might stay given our lack of games this year, but would understand his wanting to leave as well. JGood really can’t be replaced, because he’s so unique. That said finding a wing that has a better perimeter game would ease the pain of losing him a bit. I also think Jacobs and Thatch will both be more than just an adequate replacement for JGood. I’m just trying to get an idea if Fletcher and/or Clark are upgrades over the guys we already have. I also think with our returning 3 bigs we can cover for losing Has. 

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

What type of players are Fletcher and Clark?  Could either be considered a replacement for any of the 3 we may lose. I say may lose because we don’t know what Javonte’s plans are. I lean towards he might stay given our lack of games this year, but would understand his wanting to leave as well. JGood really can’t be replaced, because he’s so unique. That said finding a wing that has a better perimeter game would ease the pain of losing him a bit. I also think Jacobs and Thatch will both be more than just an adequate replacement for JGood. I’m just trying to get an idea if Fletcher and/or Clark are upgrades over the guys we already have. I also think with our returning 3 bigs we can cover for losing Has. 

Considering Clark can't even get on the floor for a bad Georgetown team, I would say no, we would not want him. He would be buried on our bench. 

Fletcher is a much more highly rated player and we absolutely would welcome him. I'm not worried about positions. He has a lot of talent, so take him if he is interested.

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Considering Clark can't even get on the floor for a bad Georgetown team, I would say no, we would not want him. He would be buried on our bench. 

Fletcher is a much more highly rated player and we absolutely would welcome him. I'm not worried about positions. He has a lot of talent, so take him if he is interested.

This is a hard year for freshmen to play, with a decreased level of practice time and minimal offseason practice. Strickland and Lorentsson don't appear close to getting pt for us, and we are all excited about their futures. I have no idea whether Kobe Clark would look to transfer, and have no idea whether he would be a good fit, but I think it's short-sighted to write off any freshman because of a lack of playing time during the COVID season.

i wouldnt take either unless it is understood the likes of hargrove, strickland, thatch, jimmmerson, are likely ahead of them and they definitely are not going to get a walk to 30 minutes PT just by showing up.   yes, if they legitimately can beat out our returnees, fine, but would make sure they understand they have no guarantees coming to slu. 

the days of slu having lots of immediate playing time hopefully ended when crewsplatt walked out the door.

AGB91 likes this

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

i wouldnt take either unless it is understood the likes of hargrove, strickland, thatch, jimmmerson, are likely ahead of them and they definitely are not going to get a walk to 30 minutes PT just by showing up.   yes, if they legitimately can beat out our returnees, fine, but would make sure they understand they have no guarantees coming to slu. 

the days of slu having lots of immediate playing time hopefully ended when crewsplatt walked out the door.

No argument there. I guess my point was since Fletcher was a UK recruit one’s mind obviously thinks, “he must be special”. But granted he should not be promised any special treatment. Prove it and you play, if not, you sit. I think he’d have to be pretty special to move ahead of the players you named plus Jacobs, who I think may prove to be a break out star next year. 

4 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I have been out of the mix the last week or so....is there a rumor of Cam or Kobe transferring to SLU?

No, us MBMs just speculating in the absence of Billiken basketball.  However, it's pretty clear that UK is getting its act together with guys who play Cam's position and will likely be there for awhile.  Dontaie Allen and Keion Brooks are not NBA-ready talents.

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

I have been out of the mix the last week or so....is there a rumor of Cam or Kobe transferring to SLU?

im sure just speculation they both are likely disgruntled and high probability they are going to transfer for hopes of playing more.   it is natural for this board to think all st louis high school stars want to play for the home team.