Locals, Tools and potential transfers to SLU

ACE

5 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

If Fletcher decided to transfer right now would that count against 2020 scholarships or 2021 for whatever school he went to? I wasn’t sure since the first semester is over now.

i believe if he transfers now the school he is going to has to have a scholarship available now or else fletcher has to agree to be a walkon until one becomes available.  

brianstl likes this

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i believe if he transfers now the school he is going to has to have a scholarship available now or else fletcher has to agree to be a walkon until one becomes available.  

That’s what I was afraid of. That would make things tricky for SLU then since they don’t have any unused scholarships at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Screenshot_20201221-125428_Samsung Internet.jpg

What's weird is the Camron posted that apology yesterday and then today Cal comes out with his tweets. Seem like the apology was not accepted by Cal and there is much more going on behind the scenes than what we know.

This is crazy stuff.

I’d be willing to bet Fletcher feels like he was lied to. I imagine Coach Cal told him “you will be a starter, I will make you a lottery pick.” 
Then he rides the pine after 3 games. 

I know Fletcher won’t want to burn any bridges but if that’s is actually what happened I would love for him to go public. 
Let future recruits know what kind of guy Coach Cal really is. 

3 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

As you can imagine this isn't going to sit well with the bosses over at Vashon:

Assuming Cam ends up leaving UK, it is hard to imagine Cal getting another Vashon player.

Considering he's never had one before, I think he'll be just fine with that.

SLU_Nick likes this

On 12/20/2020 at 12:06 PM, brianstl said:

I think Nesbitt’s situation should be a little different. Nesbitt might be the best college basketball on the Memphis roster when he arrives.  I think Penny realizes what he has in Nesbitt.  

I think he would have been better showcased at SLU and it would have been the better choice for him, but I don’t think think he is looking at a Fletcher or McKinney situation.  Out of all the locals that got away in recent years, he is the one I wanted the most. Even more than Love.

Not sure how you can say that when half the team was ranked about the same as him or better coming out of high school.  Plus, a few articles from the beginning of the season pointed out that Penny promised the starting point guard roll to sophomore that was a four start in high school.  If that guy has a good year at the point, do you think that Penny is going to take that roll away and give it to a lower ranked freshman?

10 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

BBN is in such disarray that they're breaking down the last few minutes of the Kentucky/UNC game like the Zapruder film:

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/timeline-the-late-game-downrama-with-calipari-fletcher-and-clarke/

Seeing that video makes me respect the players from the *our former coach* era even more. Even as things were bad, they showed class and maturity.