Locals, Tools and potential transfers to SLU

ACE

4 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Has anyone heard anything concerning Liddell? Another local kid I am a big fan of. I always thought he was similar to Goodwin in a sense that he was one of those guys who kind of lacks the true ideal measureables for their position at the next level, 

Off to a Steller start before injury/sickness

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I don't know why, because I know little about the kid, but I'm thinking Fletcher might think a return ticket home might be in order

I too had this thought randomly the other day.  Id welcome him in. Although, that would be 3 players at the same exact position/style 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I too had this thought randomly the other day.  Id welcome him in. Although, that would be 3 players at the same exact position/style 

Frank just talked about Fletcher on his show. He said SLU finished second in his recruitment (first, I’ve ever heard that) and he has a great relationship with Tate. If Fletcher doesn’t want to stay at UK, he thinks SLU could be a possibility.

16 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

An interesting one to me is Caleb Love. I am a big fan of the kid, but throughout his high school career questioned why he was never very efficient despite his physical advantages and what always looked like really good mechanics. Early in his career at UNC, while putting up numbers for a freshman, efficiency certainly appears to be a problem. He is averaging 11.2 points on 30.1% shooting (37.5% 2P%, 16.0% 3P%, and 79.2% FT%), 2.5 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.2 steals in 30.5 minutes per game.

Just to make a little fun of our back and forth. Reinert310 ... would these be counting stats lol

12 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank just talked about Fletcher on his show. He said SLU finished second in his recruitment (first, I’ve ever heard that) and he has a great relationship with Tate. If Fletcher doesn’t want to stay at UK, he thinks SLU could be a possibility.

I hadn't heard that either. When he cut his list to 5 we were not one of them (Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan State, Alabama, and Mizzou were the 5). Obviously at this point, I would like our chances if he is looking to transfer, but I don't think Frank is right concerning his original recruitment.

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

I don't know why, because I know little about the kid, but I'm thinking Fletcher might think a return ticket home might be in order. He seems to be getting lost in the UK one and done shuffle. I think he played a fair amount in their first few games, but now has all but disappeared. Since, 3Star is our go to guy on the local front, I'll ask, do you think he might give SLU a shot? If he's low man on the totem pole now, it's likely to get worse as Calipari hustles in his next batch of FR supermen. 

I thought the possibility of Fletcher transferring the moment he signed with UK. He's not getting much PT on a UK team that is not very good. Considering they are off to a bad start, Calipari will be especially desperate to upgrade the current roster and it won't be with just the usual McDonald's All-Americans. With transferring becoming like the Wild West, he'll be hunting the best players on the market like he did with Sarr.  Fletcher would be an excellent fit here. Ford can use Javon Bess as a good case study of a transfer from a high profile program who came here and thrived.

4 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Frank is clueless regarding Fletcher. He never seriously considered us. It’s also irresponsible of Frank to speculate on a potential transfer this early in Fletcher’s career.

If you listen to all the radio and message boarders, we always finish 2nd on guys that go elsewhere. It's a totally unprovable thing, which is why it gets said so much.

40 minutes ago, kshoe said:

If you listen to all the radio and message boarders, we always finish 2nd on guys that go elsewhere. It's a totally unprovable thing, which is why it gets said so much.

Although with this one it looks like the best we could have finished was 6th haha. Doesn't matter, just kind of amusing.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Although with this one it looks like the best we could have finished was 6th haha. Doesn't matter, just kind of amusing.

I wouldn't be shocked if Fletcher told him SLU was his second choice.  Kids that age are often eager to please and will tell people what the think that person wants to hear.

7 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I hadn't heard that either. When he cut his list to 5 we were not one of them (Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan State, Alabama, and Mizzou were the 5). Obviously at this point, I would like our chances if he is looking to transfer, but I don't think Frank is right concerning his original recruitment.

Frank is off on SLU being #2 in his recruitment 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

I find it hard to believe liddell had mono coming back in two weeks.  

I wondered the same thing. Your statement up-thread was the only place I've seen mono even mentioned. Was it common knowledge or is that some inside info?

I only saw the second half of the game and he was in foul trouble by then and then fouled out, but the little I saw, he looked fine. And that was a rough, physical game. I guess the b10 is known for that of course.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

Thanks Roy. I wonder if it was misdiagnosed.

My sister had it (ironically diagnosed on her 17th birthday) in the late 70s. She was an athlete too (volleyball and softball) in high school but I know it was way longer than two weeks to get back to normal. It was a long time ago but seems like it took a month or two. And maybe they have some new wonder drugs these days, who knows.

7 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Thanks Roy. I wonder if it was misdiagnosed.

My sister had it (ironically diagnosed on her 17th birthday) in the late 70s. She was an athlete too (volleyball and softball) in high school but I know it was way longer than two weeks to get back to normal. It was a long time ago but seems like it took a month or two. And maybe they have some new wonder drugs these days, who knows.

I had it missed 2 weeks of school was allowed to take finals even though the semester ended I was lucky I did not have to repeat a semester.  The recovery time took a month so I would say misdiagnosed.