Locals, Tools and potential transfers to SLU

ACE

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Bradford got his second straight start in the game.  He finished with 18 points, 7 rebounds and two blocks.

No, according to ESPN that guy is “David” Bradford.

I saw Bradford play for the first time. He looked pretty decent. He would be riding the pine for us this year, so K-State was probably a good fit for him to get a lot of instant playing time. Perhaps he can toil one more year in the minors in Manhattan and then come back home after Linnsen graduates next year.

Unless he is injured it looks like Clark is not in Georgetown's rotation right now and Fletcher is on the fringe of Kentucky's rotation. He was scoreless in his last two games, while logging 1 minute and then 4 minutes.

I can't wait until Ford gets the program to the point that these guys realize that SLU is the best situation.  Until then, I wish these guys the best of luck.  Having said that, I fear that a good chunk of them will get lost in the shuffle at their programs.

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

I guess I will put this in the tool category... Hellems only scored 6 points last night on 2 of 9 shooting in 35 minutes as his ACC team lost to a "mid major" by double digits.

Holy Cow!  What mid-major did his ACC school lose to ?  That mid-major must be pretty good.

I don't know why, because I know little about the kid, but I'm thinking Fletcher might think a return ticket home might be in order. He seems to be getting lost in the UK one and done shuffle. I think he played a fair amount in their first few games, but now has all but disappeared. Since, 3Star is our go to guy on the local front, I'll ask, do you think he might give SLU a shot? If he's low man on the totem pole now, it's likely to get worse as Calipari hustles in his next batch of FR supermen. 

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I don't know why, because I know little about the kid, but I'm thinking Fletcher might think a return ticket home might be in order. He seems to be getting lost in the UK one and done shuffle. I think he played a fair amount in their first few games, but now has all but disappeared. Since, 3Star is our go to guy on the local front, I'll ask, do you think he might give SLU a shot? If he's low man on the totem pole now, it's likely to get worse as Calipari hustles in his next batch of FR supermen. 

Yeah, things are certainly not trending up for him thru the first month of his college career. Minutes have dropped considerably from 17 to 15 to 13 to 1 to 4 with no stats in those last two games. Currently averaging 2.6 points, 2.6 rebounds, 0.8 steals, and 0.6 assists in 10.0 minutes per game.

The two local 2020 bigs seem to be off to fairly solid starts and trending more positively than Cam Fletcher with Kalkbrenner averaging 8.7 points on 61.7% shooting, 3.9 rebounds, 1.3 blocks in 12.7 minutes per game and Davion Bradford averaging 6.7 points on 65.4% shooting and 2.7 rebounds in 16.6 minutes per game.

An interesting one to me is Caleb Love. I am a big fan of the kid, but throughout his high school career questioned why he was never very efficient despite his physical advantages and what always looked like really good mechanics. Early in his career at UNC, while putting up numbers for a freshman, efficiency certainly appears to be a problem. He is averaging 11.2 points on 30.1% shooting (37.5% 2P%, 16.0% 3P%, and 79.2% FT%), 2.5 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.2 steals in 30.5 minutes per game.

7 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Thanks for the shoutout, but when it comes to Vashon kids, Coach314 is the unquestioned go to guy.  December is a bit early to be writing anybody off, though.  Nobody knows what kind of team Kentucky will be this season, never mind next season.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:45 PM, AnkielBreakers said:

That is a bummer. He is one of my favorite non-bills when I catch them on TV. Hope it goes away easy.

Has anyone heard anything concerning Liddell? Another local kid I am a big fan of. I always thought he was similar to Goodwin in a sense that he was one of those guys who kind of lacks the true ideal measureables for their position at the next level, but you just knew would find a way to be really productive college players. Just had that level of compete and maybe natural athletic ability that isn't necessarily measured where you knew they would find a way to produce wherever they ended up.

2 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Has anyone heard anything concerning Liddell? Another local kid I am a big fan of. I always thought he was similar to Goodwin in a sense that he was one of those guys who kind of lacks the true ideal measureables for their position at the next level, but you just knew would find a way to be really productive college players. Just had that level of compete and maybe natural athletic ability that isn't necessarily measured where you knew they would find a way to produce wherever they ended up.

I haven't seen anything to update what was recently announced. He's out with an illness and they say it is NOT Covid related. I can't find anything new on it.

2 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

great start to the season at osu.  was probably there best or second best player.   and then came down with mono.   might not see till February now and from a guy who had mono years ago, my guess is he wont be full strength all year.   

TheChosenOne likes this