Locals, Tools and potential transfers to SLU

ACE

There has been a lot of discussion already about how local players who play for other teams are doing. It has been scattered throughout several threads, so I thought it would be best to put it one spot throughout the season.

Some are locals who SLU never recruited, others SLU did offer (tools) and I think as the season progresses and with open free agency in college hoops, there will be speculation about which former tools would want to come back home after SLU makes the Final Four. Fingers crossed that EJ Liddell will have a falling out with his coach.

Looks like Caleb Love is going to be the real deal.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

When's the last time we got a kid out of the Kansas City metro?  That's a tough nut to crack.  Practically everybody grew up a Jayhawk fan.

willie reed?

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think you're right.   Twelve years is a pretty long drought.

Tough area for us to come in to. Between the lessers of WSU, mizzou, and kstate. Plus ku gets first pickings. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Tough area for us to come in to. Between the lessers of WSU, mizzou, and kstate. Plus ku gets first pickings. 

Christian’s dad did play at SLU, though.  That could have been an in, but his mom was a star at Mizzou and uncle was a four year starter at Mizzou. 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

And Billiken05 calls me a troll because I mock Carteare’s tweet he’s college BB’s best big man. You’re as crazy as everyone says you are. If you’re so enamored with Cateare’s game maybe you should become a Grambling fan. 

I called you a troll for unnecessary politics on the board, but go off...

CBFan, wgstl, Bills By 40 and 1 other like this

4 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

When's the last time we got a kid out of the Kansas City metro?  That's a tough nut to crack.  Practically everybody grew up a Jayhawk fan.

We have had 2 Billikens from KC. Willie and a bench player in the 50s. Jeff Reid, Jamall Walker, Eric Jones, and Don Braun are the only players from Kansas.

I don't why we would want to recruit KC. They don't have half the talent STL has.

16 hours ago, thetorch said:

We have had 2 Billikens from KC. Willie and a bench player in the 50s. Jeff Reid, Jamall Walker, Eric Jones, and Don Braun are the only players from Kansas.

I don't why we would want to recruit KC. They don't have half the talent STL has.

Fritz Ziegler in late 60s. Brehmer brought him when he was named as SLU coach

7 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

This seems like a random post that doesn't fit this thread talking about local recruits.  Coach314 has had some scoops in the past.  Spill the beans, coach.

Nothing linking him to SLU.  Just hearing that he might be considering a transfer.  Maybe he wants to be closer to home 🤷🏽‍♂️