Billikens.com Server Problems

SluSignGuy

4 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

The site was slow at times for me tonight.  But I am curious if it crashed for anyone?

I ask because we can upgrade the server again, but it is not free.  And I feel that we are just on the cusp during Game Day Threads for needing it.

I didn't notice anything egregious.  However, I was watching the stream more and posting less.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SluSignGuy said:

The site was slow at times for me tonight.  But I am curious if it crashed for anyone?

I ask because we can upgrade the server again, but it is not free.  And I feel that we are just on the cusp during Game Day Threads for needing it.

Board was unresponsive for the Most of the second-half for me

19 minutes ago, Bills71 said:

Board was unresponsive for the Most of the second-half for me

Thanks for this feedback. Your post in the GDT is really what prompted this question.  So I am curious how much other users had problems.

Just now, SluSignGuy said:

Thanks for this feedback. Your post in the GDT is really what prompted this question.  So I am curious how much other users had problems.

I didn’t have any issues, but wasn’t posting much.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 8:37 PM, RUBillsFan said:

Ive gotten a weird saying “a potentially unsafe operation has been detected in my request to this site” a couple of times when trying to post to the board today.  What’s up @SluSignGuy?

I think it has happened when I’ve tried to post Twitter links, but I’ve also been able to post some today so who knows.

863E5EF2-1FAE-4E4D-9A3B-08B61EEA432A.png

@SluSignGuy I'm having this issue again where the board is blocking me from posting certain tweets.  I noticed that is only a problem if the tweet is embedded.  Tried to post Frank's recent tweet about missing 6 games and it didn't work.

Thanks for all you do.

7 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

@SluSignGuy I'm having this issue again where the board is blocking me from posting certain tweets.  I noticed that is only a problem if the tweet is embedded.  Tried to post Frank's recent tweet about missing 6 games and it didn't work.

Thanks for all you do.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I think it is a weird interaction between a feature in a WordPress plugin I use and the message board (which is really strange the two are interacting).  I disabled this particular feature in the plugin when we were having problems before, but I reenabled it last week hoping the after the plugin "learned" how people used the site, it wouldn't block tweets anymore.  Apparently this is not the case.  I have gone ahead and disabled again.