Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

15 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

MU is better than everyone thought.  Tilmon would absolutely dominate us if Has ever got in foul trouble or had to come out. But I still think we are the better team. They don’t have two guys that can put it in the bucket like perk and Jimerson. 

Who has Tilmon ever dominated?  How many games has Tilmon dominated in his foul plagued career?

I believe Tilmon to be one of the most overrated big man in the area.  Tilmon seems to be a pleasant person but he never seems to have the fire in his eye like you see with French, Goodwin, Collins, Perkins, Hargrove, Thatch, Jimerson.

Kofi Cockburn is a player that would dominate SLU not Tilmon.

I do agree that Missouri is much better and sure looks the part of being good enough to be a top team in the SEC.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MichaelC said:

I'm not so sure that a loss today on the road against #11 will drop Richmond out of the top 25, especially if it's close.  

West Virginia has one game a year where they shoot lights out from outside and unfortunately for Richmond, this is the game.  Hard to play a team close when you're getting dominated inside and outside.  Richmond getting blown out by a team that isn't known for blowing teams out just confirms what some voters were already thinking: Richmond was fortunate to beat Kentucky when they did and get that top 25 ranking in the first place.

Expect to see our name at #25 in the AP this week.  As brian stated, getting our name and image on ESPN broadcasts and in front of spring signees as soon as possible is a good thing.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Speaking of the SEC......

I haven’t watched Tennessee play yet, but if they aren’t the best team in that conference, Arkansas might be.  The Razorbacks are good and Moses Moody is just going to get better.

Arkansas hasn’t played anyone good yet to know if they are the best in the SEC. best KenPom win is over 1-3 North Texas 

3 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Arkansas hasn’t played anyone good yet to know if they are the best in the SEC. best KenPom win is over 1-3 North Texas 

I watched them play last night against a team we played.  They are good.  They are good offensively and really good defensively.  Moody getting more game under his belt will only make them better on both ends.

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

West Virginia has one game a year where they shoot lights out from outside and unfortunately for Richmond, this is the game.  Hard to play a team close when you're getting dominated inside and outside.  Richmond getting blown out by a team that isn't known for blowing teams out just confirms what some voters were already thinking: Richmond was fortunate to beat Kentucky when they did and get that top 25 ranking in the first place.

Expect to see our name at #25 in the AP this week.  As brian stated, getting our name and image on ESPN broadcasts and in front of spring signees as soon as possible is a good thing.

I'm of the mindset it would have been better for us if Richmond would have won and continued to move up the rankings as I think we will bear them home and away

6 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

how the illini cant beat mi$$ouri with that talent is beyond me.    the illini has two likely first round picks.   the only players that could stop ayu and kofi were ayo and kofi.    the curbelo kid was doing a pretty good poor man's imitation of steve nash.   imo they were the three best players on the court.   

yet mi$$ouri could have beat them even worse if they hadnt had their cold streak.   give credit where due, the poacher did a good job getting the team ready.   and underwood did not.  

throughout the game i was stunned ayo didnt go on to the nba.   but then his fail in the last 2 minutes pretty much shows he has a lot to learn yet and likely why the nba told him to go back to college for a year.   but he will learn.   that is a star in the making.   and kofi, wow.   what a beast.   they are going to make a lot of money.  

shot free throws like last years billikens and played the last 3 minutes like a pick up game

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

I haven’t watched Tennessee play yet, but if they aren’t the best team in that conference, Arkansas might be.  The Razorbacks are good and Moses Moody is just going to get better.

I have Ark as the best right now in the SEC 

They are A+

"A" rated teams are LSU, Tenn and Ala.

Mizzou is A-

As for Richmond and WVU....I had WVU (A+ ) over Rich (A- )by 9...so no surprises there....after the game the Spider  grade fell to B+.

7 hours ago, brianstl said:

Also follow UT Vols as my wife is an Alum. Happy the hoops season has started as the football team sucks. UT had someone pick them to win the SEC. Not certain that will happen. Did get to catch them against Cincy yesterday for tail end of 2nd half. Saw some sloppy play but it was only their 2nd game. Appears Vols had some Covid problem including CRB. I'm most concerned by UT's lack of bigs. John Fulkerson and Yves Pons are back. Pons who I like to refer to as Air France led the SEC in blocked shots last season. Got to see Vols play a home game last year at Thomson-Boling Arena which is a great college Arena. Lots of banners from Pat Summitt NCAA Championship Teams.

brianstl likes this

6 hours ago, AnkielBreakers said:

How many A+ teams are there?

Right now there are 19....It usually ranges from 15 to 20.  Besides Ark, some other notables are LSU and Illinois.  Illinois is important because they play our next major opponent on Tues...Minn....I  have the Illini over Minn by 10.. As long as Minn can stay around 10 pts down or better...they will still be a quality team.  If they get blown out by 20 , then not so much. I have had us trailing Minn by as much as 6 pts preseason.....as of today we have finally pulled even. Which is why the Illini game is important to Bills fans.

I have noticed on this thread and else where on the board a lot of talk about Richmond. While they are a good team ( B+ ), another team has passed them by on the numbers and are closing in on the Bills. That would be VCU ( A- ) It is not a fluke. They have played 7 games and only need 1 more to show they are " real"....Just sayin'...we need to keep an eye on them.

And finally,  it is  Monday...AP Poll day.  Our numbers  have improved a bit while some  of the teams around us have weakened.  It is going to be close.  As I mentioned elsewhere,  a win over E vil by 20+ pts would have put us in the Top 25.  If we miss today, we will have to win the next 2 games to make it in....thus the Minn discussion in the 1st paragraph of this post.

Bottom line...Just win ...1 game at a time.

9 hours ago, Schasz said:

Also follow UT Vols as my wife is an Alum. Happy the hoops season has started as the football team sucks. UT had someone pick them to win the SEC. Not certain that will happen. Did get to catch them against Cincy yesterday for tail end of 2nd half. Saw some sloppy play but it was only their 2nd game. Appears Vols had some Covid problem including CRB. I'm most concerned by UT's lack of bigs. John Fulkerson and Yves Pons are back. Pons who I like to refer to as Air France led the SEC in blocked shots last season. Got to see Vols play a home game last year at Thomson-Boling Arena which is a great college Arena. Lots of banners from Pat Summitt NCAA Championship Teams.

Pons is a beast, and I also really like that South American PG

23 minutes ago, wgstl said:

My guess is we come in at #26. Michigan and Missouri get in. Hard to move the needle when you play just once and against a bad team 

I think you're right. 

That said (and I know I'm in the minority on this belief), but there is no such thing as #26 or anything below. The polls rank the Top 25 teams. That's also why I think the "Others receiving votes" part of the polls is just there so the numbers add up. 

I am in no way criticizing anyone that has an alternate view, it's just something I irrationally feel differently about. 

its a bunch of pompous reporters that rarely pay attention to  much of any teams beyond those in their responsibilities and maybe a few others.  besides getting the publicity with the casual fans that dont really pay attention until March, i see little use to the polls.   i think the only one that really matters is the now NET.   prior to it's existence the RPI was important.  

we could do away with the need for all by letting all the teams in and doing away with the conference tourney's.

20 hours ago, brianstl said:

In a normal season with us operating with a normal recruiting plan, I wouldn’t worry about our ranking or lack of ranking. This isn’t a normal season and the staff has decided to go all in on spring signings.  

The earlier we get ranked the sooner we get on the radar of the seniors and potential transfers we want to lock up.  The sooner that happens the better your chances of having a chance with those kids get.

We are paying a huge price with the loss of the Orlando tournament.  That tournament happens with the original slate of teams and we would have been ranked for a couple of weeks now.  Plus, we would have been on ESPN three times.  Both things that would have helped immensely on the recruiting front.

I understand the argument that being ranked will help with recruiting, but the point I was making was being ranked this week will only affect one week of rankings. If we beat Minnesota on Sunday we will be ranked till we lose. I can't imagine one week of ranking has any material impact on recruiting of some kid that is going to commit 3-5 months from now.

40 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

its a bunch of pompous reporters that rarely pay attention to  much of any teams beyond those in their responsibilities and maybe a few others.  besides getting the publicity with the casual fans that dont really pay attention until March, i see little use to the polls.   i think the only one that really matters is the now NET.   prior to it's existence the RPI was important.  

we could do away with the need for all by letting all the teams in and doing away with the conference tourney's.

Roy, I agree the polls are like a beauty pageant, something that is based upon image more than anything else. This is why I follow TeamRankings, because they  are an outfit that keeps their own ratings and makes a living by selling suscriptions to their betting services. So what has happened to us in the TeamRankings rankings? we were at 28 the day before Evansville cancelled. We have not found anyone else to play an extra game, and yet our ranking has gone up to 25 (meaning that teams that were above us have gone below us). To extend this a bit, Mizzou is now at 31 and Richmond is at 53. Be what it  may we are still in good shape.

A bit more information from the TeamRankings. Richmond was expected to lose to WV by  7.5 pts, in reality they lost by 16 pts. This caused them to go down in their system. For a while Richmond was supposed to be neck and neck with us (SLU #1 in A10, Richmond #2), after their loss to WV they have gone down to #3 in A10 with VCU taking the #2 spot in A10. Yes, I know a lot of the projections involved in determining these conference rankings are still pretty empirical. But that is what they have at this time.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

My guess is we come in at #26. Michigan and Missouri get in. Hard to move the needle when you play just once and against a bad team 

Teams that will fall out of the top 25:

Virginia Tech (blown out by a Penn St team that isn't even receiving votes)

Richmond

Arizona St. (Lost to San Diego State)

New to the top 25:

Missouri 

Michigan

SLU (the 2 teams behind us lost)

7 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Teams that will fall out of the top 25:

Virginia Tech (blown out by a Penn St team that isn't even receiving votes)

Richmond

Arizona St. (Lost to San Diego State)

New to the top 25:

Missouri 

Michigan

SLU (the 2 teams behind us lost)

Ahh, didn't see the VT score.  Good, I only thought two teams were going to fall out. 

the top 25 so arbitrary. Top 10 in the 50's, 20 in the 60's, 25 in the 80s. When the rpi's and stuff like that are determined they rank from top to bottom. When done like that we are always some rank. if the complete rankings jibe with this voted top 25 we should be ranked around 27. not top 25 but is top 27.