Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Especially after what they posted about us on Power Mizzou. 

I refuse to subscribe to that BS, what did they say? I’m sure they made up BS about the Covid pause isn’t a real excuse, and we don’t play any real competition, and they have so many quad 1 wins. Here’s the facts: Mizzou is 1 of the “most experienced” (oldest) teams in the country and they took advantage of that in an unprecedented year, to start the season. They turned younger teams over and beat them being more disciplined. Now they’re mediocre talent is starting to catch up with them as younger teams start to jell. And after all their seniors leave this summer, next year’s Mizzou team will be an absolute dumpster fire. If you were paying attention, you could see this coming. They were a missed free throw away from losing to Bradley, and a defensive rebound away from losing to TCU. They are, quite literally, those 2 plays away from being 11-8 and their entire season looks different. And the whole “mid-major=no competition=SLU being the little brother”....yeah, the A10 went 5-1 against the SEC this year. The only loss: St. Joe’s lost to Auburn in Overtime. That argument doesn’t fly. I’m perfectly fine with standing out in the yard and watching the entire house burn down. The Billikens are the best team in the state and it’s not particularly close. Next year, the gap will just get wider. 

7 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

I refuse to subscribe to that BS, what did they say? I’m sure they made up BS about the Covid pause isn’t a real excuse, and we don’t play any real competition, and they have so many quad 1 wins. Here’s the facts: Mizzou is 1 of the “most experienced” (oldest) teams in the country and they took advantage of that in an unprecedented year, to start the season. They turned younger teams over and beat them being more disciplined. Now they’re mediocre talent is starting to catch up with them as younger teams start to jell. And after all their seniors leave this summer, next year’s Mizzou team will be an absolute dumpster fire. If you were paying attention, you could see this coming. They were a missed free throw away from losing to Bradley, and a defensive rebound away from losing to TCU. They are, quite literally, those 2 plays away from being 11-8 and their entire season looks different. And the whole “mid-major=no competition=SLU being the little brother”....yeah, the A10 went 5-1 against the SEC this year. The only loss: St. Joe’s lost to Auburn in Overtime. That argument doesn’t fly. I’m perfectly fine with standing out in the yard and watching the entire house burn down. The Billikens are the best team in the state and it’s not particularly close. Next year, the gap will just get wider. 

It shows how important Tilmon is to them.

cheeseman likes this

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

It shows how important Tilmon is to them.

Yes he is very important but he played in the Ole Miss game were the CoMo team got blown out.

After they beat Alabama I finally conceded team CoMo was 3 or 4 seed in the NCAA tournament but at 6-6 in the SEC and 3 consecutive losses are on their way out of the top 25.

Mark Smith, Pinson, and Brown are too inconsistent.  They are love them hate them players.

Team CoMo still has some nice Q1 wins and will probably make it to the NCAA for their traditional game 1 loss.

It will be interesting when they play LSU, or, blue font, will they dodge them again.

Good wins by NC State and Indiana State today have bumped us up 3 spots in KenPom. Should have a similar effect on our NET when it’s released tomorrow.

Minnesota faces Indiana tonight with the Gophers in search of their first road win.

11 minutes ago, NH said:

Good wins by NC State and Indiana State today have bumped us up 3 spots in KenPom. Should have a similar effect on our NET when it’s released tomorrow.

Minnesota faces Indiana tonight with the Gophers in search of their first road win.

Minnesota is without their 2nd best guard tonight

13 hours ago, CBFan said:

Yes he is very important but he played in the Ole Miss game were the CoMo team got blown out.

After they beat Alabama I finally conceded team CoMo was 3 or 4 seed in the NCAA tournament but at 6-6 in the SEC and 3 consecutive losses are on their way out of the top 25.

Mark Smith, Pinson, and Brown are too inconsistent.  They are love them hate them players.

Team CoMo still has some nice Q1 wins and will probably make it to the NCAA for their traditional game 1 loss.

It will be interesting when they play LSU, or, blue font, will they dodge them again.

Missouri does not play LSU in the rest of the regular schedule.  Their original game was canceled.  They could meet them in the SEC tournament.

Two of my relatives who live in MO seem to be jumping off the CCM bandwagon. Having the UT Vols as my 2nd favorite team I told both of them I jumped off a long time ago when he had one of his brief 3 year stints at UT. Vols fans cannot stand him.

32 minutes ago, Fraz said:

NCST up 8 with 5:30 to go @ Virginia 

Could get that game up to a Q2 victory. Beat Rich (Q2) and UMass (Q3) and we could be looking at a 13-5 record, going 1-2 in Q1, 3-1 in Q2, 3-2 in Q3, and 6-0 in Q4 going into the A10 tourney. 4-3 in the top 2 quads isn’t too bad, but the 2 Q3 losses are.

Edited by BillsBeliever!!!

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

March Madness starts tonight as the Horizon League begins it's tourney.  I wonder how many teams will have to forfeit out of their league tourney before all the championships are won.

interesting that each round is a few days apart. Makes sense, just wont feel right. 

26 minutes ago, wgstl said:

interesting that each round is a few days apart. Makes sense, just wont feel right. 

Agree with that. 

It looks like the A10 is the only 'top' conference to move the entire schedule, except the final game, forward.  We will find out if they were smart or not. 

Jeff Gordon had an interesting column yesterday about the A10 and it's relative lack of ability to reschedule games and how these canceled games might impact tourney selection. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/gordo-tough-loss-odd-a-10-scheduling-put-billikens-in-peril/article_1c00fa8f-0db4-5104-82f7-d425f9f8b166.html

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Agree with that. 

It looks like the A10 is the only 'top' conference to move the entire schedule, except the final game, forward.  We will find out if they were smart or not. 

Jeff Gordon had an interesting column yesterday about the A10 and it's relative lack of ability to reschedule games and how these canceled games might impact tourney selection. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/gordo-tough-loss-odd-a-10-scheduling-put-billikens-in-peril/article_1c00fa8f-0db4-5104-82f7-d425f9f8b166.html

Let's say Dayton and Davidson meet in the final of the A10 tournament. Does the A10 try to schedule games between SLU, VCU, Richmond, St Bonaventure etc during that week after they are eliminated from the A10 tournament and before the A10 championship is played? Upside is it gives your best teams a chance for NET boosting wins. Downside is that the wins probably aren't all that impressive, you add covid risk, and would the teams agree to play them if they think they're a bubble team and don't want to risk losing? 

If SLU beats Richmond and UMass and then loses in the A10 semifinals, I would think they have to try to get a quality game or two in that week. Maybe it's not even against an A10 team. But I feel like you have to get someone. Maybe it's still not enough to get an at-large bid but not playing at all definitely means you don't get the bid.

48 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Let's say Dayton and Davidson meet in the final of the A10 tournament. Does the A10 try to schedule games between SLU, VCU, Richmond, St Bonaventure etc during that week after they are eliminated from the A10 tournament and before the A10 championship is played? Upside is it gives your best teams a chance for NET boosting wins. Downside is that the wins probably aren't all that impressive, you add covid risk, and would the teams agree to play them if they think they're a bubble team and don't want to risk losing? 

If SLU beats Richmond and UMass and then loses in the A10 semifinals, I would think they have to try to get a quality game or two in that week. Maybe it's not even against an A10 team. But I feel like you have to get someone. Maybe it's still not enough to get an at-large bid but not playing at all definitely means you don't get the bid.

It's a big who knows, but does present an interesting scenario.  The problem is that just about all other quality teams will be in their own tourney during this new A10 window.  You are looking primarily at A10 teams or MVC teams or m a y b e an early out West Coast team (BYU?) being available.  Slim pickings.