Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

I've always thought Fordham could be the sleeping giant in the A10. We should be thankful they didn't go after Pitino, otherwise they'd be a major player in the A10. I don't know what caused all those transfers of good players. Most likely it was the revolving door of coaches. If they ever get a competent coach that knows how to manage a program.... watch out. 

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

I've always thought Fordham could be the sleeping giant in the A10. We should be thankful they didn't go after Pitino, otherwise they'd be a major player in the A10. I don't know what caused all those transfers of good players. Most likely it was the revolving door of coaches. If they ever get a competent coach that knows how to manage a program.... watch out. 

One goal (of many) for SLU is to have as strong of a league as possible, and, have SLU win the league. I hope every A-10 team wins every non-conference game they play. I hope there are lots and lots of strong A-10 programs annually.  It’s why we’re here. Bring me Rick. Let’s sell some tix, get some tv time, and kick some butt. 

Fordham has the smallest gym in the league and is sorely lacking in amenities.  Until they can find a donor to help them build a new arena, they'll never by able to recruit and retain quality players.  They've known this for years.  Even if they could find their Dr. Chaifetz, construction in New York City is the most expensive in the world.  Their arena would cost a lot more than ours.

19 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Fordham has the smallest gym in the league and is sorely lacking in amenities.  Until they can find a donor to help them build a new arena, they'll never by able to recruit and retain quality players.  They've known this for years.  Even if they could find their Dr. Chaifetz, construction in New York City is the most expensive in the world.  Their arena would cost a lot more than ours.

I know they have one alum, can’t recall his name, who is a hedge fund multi billionaire. He is a big donor but obviously none of the money goes to the hoops program. Their gym looks like it was built in the Middle Ages. And their coaching moves always end up in disasters. They had a chance last spring to bring in slick Rick but passed. Love him, like him, or hate him he may well have been the catalyst to raise interest, read $$$’s, and finally make them a viable D1 program, which is good for the A10. 

Getting 1,200-1,500 attendees a game (if that) means a lot of current and future hedge funders, CEOs, real estate tycoons, tech entrepreneurs, etc... aren't going to Rams games and catching the Fordham version of whatever bug Dr. Chaifetz and everyone on this message board has.

8 minutes ago, Compton said:

Getting 1,200-1,500 attendees a game (if that) means a lot of current and future hedge funders, CEOs, real estate tycoons, tech entrepreneurs, etc... aren't going to Rams games and catching the Fordham version of whatever bug Dr. Chaifetz and everyone on this message board has.

Fine. Time for the A10 to show them the door. 

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

well forham has over $700m in their fund.   if they truly wanted to become competitive, they have the means they dont necessarily need their program guardian angel to appear.   the truth is they have no interest in spending any money at all and becoming competitive at any level.   i know my friend bay area has a son that is a fordham alum and thus has a soft spot for fordham.  but i am not gonna gloss over it for my friends benefit.   i can never feel sorry for the school that really isnt trying in the biggest basketball hotbed in america that has the capability of competing and just doesnt even try.    

9 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-can we just join the MVC and be done with it because this high horse of wanting to kick out other members of the league because we have had a little success here and there since we joined is getting difficult to continue to ride?

i don't get the fascination with Fordham either...every league has it's bottom dwellers, for example, Missouri is one of the bottom dwellers in SEC basketball.....

11 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

I don't know of a full member of a basketball conference that has ever been kicked out.  If the other A10 teams want be rid of Fordham, then they need to leave the A10 and form their own conference.  

^This and

9 hours ago, brianstl said:

Having Fordham in the league is important for the other conference members for fundraising.  Schools love having a chance to bring in NYC alumni when they play at Fordham.  If conference members could vote a team out, Fordham wouldn’t be in the top 4.

^this.

The league isn't doing something leagues never do and they're not getting rid of the NYC market. Fordham has been in the league 20 years longer than SLU. We aren't calling all the shots. Fordham also performs well in the non-revenue sports and it's consistently a top-75 school, currently ranked 66th - tied with GW for highest in the A10.

I don't know why this keeps coming up. It isn't happening unless Fordham voluntarily drops down a division or something.

11 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-can we just join the MVC and be done with it because this high horse of wanting to kick out other members of the league because we have had a little success here and there since we joined is getting difficult to continue to ride?

I think most posters are okay with Fordham just a few that think they should leave even after beating Dayton.

I like playing them especially when our team is down because it gives SLU a good chance to pick up a win in the conference.

I am not a big fan of the conference when Butler, Xavier, and Temple left the conference.

I loved SLU playing Xavier going back to the MCC days.  Sweeping Xavier in the A10 was so sweet.

I like the AAC if SLU cannot get into the Big East.

2 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

i don't get the fascination with Fordham either...every league has it's bottom dwellers, for example, Missouri is one of the bottom dwellers in SEC basketball.....

We were with Coach of the Year not too long ago.