Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

17 minutes ago, gister said:

I watched the end.  St. Joe was up 3 with about 6 seconds to go.  Fatts dribbled down and let go an off balance 3 but the defender fouled him just before he released the ball.  Fatts made all 3 free throws.  No excuse for fouling then, but it happens.  Crushing defeat for St. Joe.

-I thought a questionable foul call but the kid has to be smart enough not to be in that position where a foul can be called, the color commentator must be Russell's agent the way he was talking about him

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, courtside said:

Actually Liddell guarded Robbins a lot in the game. 

Keep in mind that Liddell is 6'7" and Robbins is 7'0".  That is a tough assignment for him.  Robbins can also pop it from 3 pt land which makes it all the more difficult.

4 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Keep in mind that Liddell is 6'7" and Robbins is 7'0".  That is a tough assignment for him.  Robbins can also pop it from 3 pt land which makes it all the more difficult.

That's really the point. With Carr having a poor shooting game, I was a bit surprised they let EJ defend straight up on many possessions. He did it at both ends, forcing poor shooting games from Liddell and others.

https://ohiostate.rivals.com/news/buckeyes-dearth-of-size-on-full-display-against-robbins-minnesota

10 minutes ago, courtside said:

That's really the point. With Carr having a poor shooting game, I was a bit surprised they let EJ defend straight up on many possessions. He did it at both ends, forcing poor shooting games from Liddell and others.

https://ohiostate.rivals.com/news/buckeyes-dearth-of-size-on-full-display-against-robbins-minnesota

I checked Ohio State's roster after your post assuming that someone other than Liddell would have defended Robbins and was shocked to see that they have no one about 6'8" who gets any real playing time.

SLU did defend Robbins with French 6'7" and Linssen 6'8" and he only scored 10 points.  However, that had a lot to do with him being in foul trouble and only playing 19 minutes.  Plus Carr went off for 32 vs SLU so Robbins didn't have to shoulder much offense

43 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

NC State against #19 Clemson is on the ACC Network tonight at 6:00 Central.  It might be on ESPN+ as well.

Go Wolfpack!!!

It would appear that it is NOT on espn+ but Go Wolfpack! anyway.

What IS on espn+...is Dayton at Fordham.  yay... Dayton up only 27-24 starting the second half.

Kentucky losing to Vanderbilt at the half 40-33 Fletcher has no minutes.

NC State up at the half against Clemson 39-32.

Fordham transfer Honor ties the game with NC State with 38 seconds left.

13 hours ago, CBFan said:

Fordham transfer Honor ties the game with NC State with 38 seconds left.

It was frustrating the way NC State blew that game down the stretch. They led almost the entire game. Jerritool Hellems with a decent first half of the game, but a complete non-factor down the rest of the way, fouled out and made some bad decisions.

Honor looked really good. Over the years, Fordham has managed to land several very good freshmen, but they can never keep them. They put in one good freshman season, then get the hell out of there for a P5 program.

32 minutes ago, ACE said:

It was frustrating the way NC State blew that game down the stretch. They led almost the entire game. Jerritool Hellems with a decent first half of the game, but a complete non-factor down the rest of the way, fouled out and made some bad decisions.

Honor looked really good. Over the years, Fordham has managed to land several very good freshmen, but they can never keep them. They put in one good freshman season, then get the hell out of there for a P5 program.

Fordham has become a farm system

AGB91 likes this

31 minutes ago, ACE said:

Tough loss for NC State last night they completely threw that game away. Funderburk is one heckuva player. Glad he wasn't dressed when we played them :) 

Big matchup tonight in the Big 30: Minnesota @ Michigan on the BTN.

23 minutes ago, ACE said:

I'm always kind of shocked when I remember that Eric Paschall (Villanova -> Golden State Warriors) actually started his career at Fordham.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm always kind of shocked when I remember that Eric Paschall (Villanova -> Golden State Warriors) actually started his career at Fordham.

Fordham also had Jon Severe that year. Severe was a more coveted recruit, and had a great freshman year, but ended up being somewhat of a bust (I believe he dealt with injuries?).

2 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Fordham also had Jon Severe that year. Severe was a more coveted recruit, and had a great freshman year, but ended up being somewhat of a bust (I believe he dealt with injuries?).

Even Severe left after 3 years and ended up having a better season as a senior grad transfer at Iona than any he had at Fordham.