Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, courtside said:

Tennessee is in that top four team category right now with Gonzaga, Villanova, Baylor. 

Sure, when they play like they did last night.  But none of those teams mentioned would have struggled as bad at tenn did against a bad cincinnati team 

27 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Sure, when they play like they did last night.  But none of those teams mentioned would have struggled as bad at tenn did against a bad cincinnati team 

Tennessee is an elite defensive team.  Their half court offense comes and goes.  But if you're not strong with the ball, they'll turn you over and run you out of the gym.  They harassed the Columbians into 21 turnovers.

Tennessee is in an SEC that has only two formidable offenses, LSU and Arkansas, to challenge their defense.  Their perpetual nemesis, Kentucky, is a dumpster fire.  Good season to be a Volunteer.

Schasz likes this

44 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Interestingly enough, after the game you mentioned, Cincy Coach John Brannen said Tennessee was one of the two best defensive teams he has seen in his career. (The other was the recent Texas Tech National  Championship Game team). 

Tennessee is number 1 nationally in scoring defense. They are number 3 nationally in adjusted defensive efficiency. (They allow 0.87 points per possession) And their defense generates offense too. 

They have the length, strength, and lateral quickness to switch defensively. They have depth. They are like an attacking football defense. 

They’re good, as are the other mentioned teams. 

1 hour ago, courtside said:

Tennessee is in that top four team category right now with Gonzaga, Villanova, Baylor. 

-you might be right but I see Gonz in their own tier, not sure how many teams are in that next tier

-the reason I don't at this moment put Baylor with Gonz is that Gonz has played and defeated 5 teams in KenPom top 100 while Baylor has one such game to date, in the Big 12 Baylor should have many more opportunities to shine than Gonz will in the WCC so they(Baylor), or others, might make it to that top tier but imo it will take some work

6 minutes ago, willie said:

Isn't this a refreshing group. No Kentucky, Duke,North Carolina ,Michigan State,etc. Now if we can get Kansas out of the top 10. 

-Amen

-(bluest font ever) look for the NCAA to do it to KU with the shoe program investigation

7 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-you might be right but I see Gonz in their own tier, not sure how many teams are in that next tier

-the reason I don't at this moment put Baylor with Gonz is that Gonz has played and defeated 5 teams in KenPom top 100 while Baylor has one such game to date, in the Big 12 Baylor should have many more opportunities to shine than Gonz will in the WCC so they(Baylor), or others, might make it to that top tier but imo it will take some work

Seasons always have ebbs, flows, change. Certainly I would agree that Gonzaga has looked the most impressive or complete thus far. Some teams will maintain and improve, some will struggle, some will get much better etc...

5 hours ago, courtside said:

Interestingly enough, after the game you mentioned, Cincy Coach John Brannen said Tennessee was one of the two best defensive teams he has seen in his career. (The other was the recent Texas Tech National  Championship Game team). 

Tennessee is number 1 nationally in scoring defense. They are number 3 nationally in adjusted defensive efficiency. (They allow 0.87 points per possession) And their defense generates offense too. 

They have the length, strength, and lateral quickness to switch defensively. They have depth. They are like an attacking football defense. 

They’re good, as are the other mentioned teams. 

Listened to Rick Barnes after the game last night and he really praised the way they played D last night. Of course I especially liked Air France (Pons) game last night. His D was awesome and watch out when he starts hitting 3's.

I saw the Cincy game and thought the Vols did not get out on Cincy 3 balls a few times. Other than that the game was never really in doubt. Plus it was an early game as they missed two games with one being against Gonzaga. Would like to see them play in Tourney if there is one!

27 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I'm sure the Gophers would take 2 out of 3 from the murderers row of Iowa, Michigan State and Wisconsin any day of the week.  

Golden Gophers got beat by 12 at Wisky today. The only way they play either Wisky or Sparty this year would be at Big Ten Tourney.