Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Interesting how bad a lot of blue blood programs have been this year.

And i for one LOVE IT!

CBFan, HenryB, almaman and 4 others like this

8 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Put away the reputation, look at the matchups and you'll see that Minnesota exploited mismatches at two positions: point guard and center.  And as a team they're better defensively.  Ball game.

3star, I mean no disrespect by this but are you super rich from gambling on college basketball? Because if it’s really all about the matchups, as you continually say, you should be able to predict which teams match up better than others and make a pretty $ on that knowledge.

Personally, I think saying “it’s all about the matchups” to explain who beats who is one of those sports things people say to explain something that has already happened. Kind of like saying go with the hot goalie in hockey. By definition if you go with the goalie that is going to give up fewer goals you will win the game.

Same goes for match-ups in basketball and unless someone can tell me in advance which team matches up better against the other, it seems like just one of those things to say that is definitional in nature.

1 minute ago, kshoe said:

3star, I mean no disrespect by this but are you super rich from gambling on college basketball? Because if it’s really all about the matchups, as you continually say, you should be able to predict which teams match up better than others and make a pretty $ on that knowledge.

Personally, I think saying “it’s all about the matchups” to explain who beats who is one of those sports things people say to explain something that has already happened. Kind of like saying go with the hot goalie in hockey. By definition if you go with the goalie that is going to give up fewer goals you will win the game.

Same goes for match-ups in basketball and unless someone can tell me in advance which team matches up better against the other, it seems like just one of those things to say that is definitional in nature.

What I'm getting at is looking at matchups gives you more insight into what's going on in the ball game than looking at the numbers next to the team's name.  I said over a week ago when Michigan State was ranked #4 that we match up better with them than a lower ranked team like Florida State that is longer and more athletic at positions 3-5.

I said all of last year that we match up really well with Dayton despite the number next to their name.  We didn't win either time but we played them much tougher than anybody else in the conference.

We lose (not loose guys) to MN by 8 and the #17 ranked team in the country loses by 25, both games at MN and Mich St now has a few clunkers on its record while our only blemish is the 8 point road loss to the Gophers.

Anybody thinking we will be ranked above the Spartans next poll??????    Me neither !  And I am assuming a  W  over the Dukes and UMASS before the next poll.

Compton likes this

11 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Undefeated Methdale team lost at home to a bad Evansville team. That ends that.

Evansville’s shooting numbers vs. SIUC: 55/59/88. 17-29 3pt’ers. A Majerus shooting total of 202. Not too shabby.

Games of interest today/tonight for former SLU opponents:

3pm CT on ESPN+ - Central Arkansas goes to the slaughterhouse in Waco for a game vs Baylor.  I don't expect a good outcome for SLU's resume here.  KenPom gives Central Ark a 0.3% chance of winning and has Baylor by 30.  You never know.  This is the 1st game of a back-to-back for Baylor.  Perhaps they conserve energy / overlook Cent. Ark a bit?  If Central Ark. keeps it remotely close that's a W for SLU.

6pm CT on SECN - LSU hosts Texas A&M - LSU is favored to win (74% on KenPom), but they struggled to put away Nicholls State in their last game.  A&M will be their best opponent since SLU.  Hopefully they take care of business and that LSU victory continues to look good for SLU.

My best friend is a Sparty fan as his daughter attended MI State, and he lives in MI. He texted me yesterday that the Big 10 is tough from top to bottom. I suppose since they are now 0-3 after losing to MN by 25 they are in the basement of the Big 10.

5 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

3pm CT on ESPN+ - Central Arkansas goes to the slaughterhouse in Waco for a game vs Baylor.  I don't expect a good outcome for SLU's resume here.  KenPom gives Central Ark a 0.3% chance of winning and has Baylor by 30.  You never know.  This is the 1st game of a back-to-back for Baylor.  Perhaps they conserve energy / overlook Cent. Ark a bit?  If Central Ark. keeps it remotely close that's a W for SLU.

Well Baylor is laying the hurt on Central Arkansas 72-37 with 12 1/2 minutes to go.  Here's hoping they lose interest and Cent Ark can cut it to within the 30 point KenPom spread.  It seems pretty clear to me that Gonzaga & Baylor are 1 and 1A in CBB this season.  After that you can take your among the next 8 - 10 teams as to who is 3rd best.