Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

where are all the knee-jerk "minnesota won't win in the big10" fans at?? lol. Time for a DEEEP a-10 schedule run.

We expect other fans to respect the Bills even though we're not ranked.  But some MBMs were disrespecting Minnesota because . . . they were not ranked.  At some point game has to recognize game.

21 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

where are all the knee-jerk "minnesota won't win in the big10" fans at?? lol. Time for a DEEEP a-10 schedule run.

This board always freaks out. Any road win in the big 10 is tough to get.  Minnesota is especially good in that building. They will have some clunkers but they’re good. 

Daniels didn’t even score vs SLU and dropped daggers all night tonight 

plus our loss was part of a chain reaction caused by stupid spumac. They got Illinois pissed who took it out on minny then a pissed gopher took it out on us. .  We should’ve taken KC to the wood shed but oh well

On 12/22/2020 at 8:17 PM, majerus mojo said:
Remember when we used to finish games with point totals in the 50s good lord 

In 1998, I brought a friend to a SLU game. 

I believe it was SLU vs. Memphis but I am not sure.

SLU lost and as we were walking out of the Saavis Center, my friend, who is a Mizzou alum and a big Tigers basketball fan said something to the effect of Memphis should take the bus up I-70 and play a real school

Mizzou also lost that day, a game against Kansas State that they lost 110-120 or something to 55.  That was the single most lopsided loss in Mizzou history.

9 hours ago, A10Ref said:

In fairness, some fans may have only seen Minnesota getting absolutely blasted by Illinois prior to seeing them play the Billikens, so I wouldn’t fault anyone for having some questions about the Gophers. They looked quite impressive against us and just took down Iowa, so maybe the Illinois game was just an off night.

9 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

We expect other fans to respect the Bills even though we're not ranked.  But some MBMs were disrespecting Minnesota because . . . they were not ranked.  At some point game has to recognize game.

Or because they got beat by Illinois by 27 points. I doubt many folks had watched much of Minnesota prior to that. Huge stretch for the Gophers and to start it off with wins over us and Iowa is quite impressive.

11 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Do we? I think the Bills under TFord thrive when no one respects them. I guess I was a little hard on Yuri getting torched by Carr...since that seems to not be an isolated incident. 

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Or because they got beat by Illinois by 27 points. I doubt many folks had watched much of Minnesota prior to that. Huge stretch for the Gophers and to start it off with wins over us and Iowa is quite impressive.

Good point.  As you know, I'm a matchup guy.  Anybody who's familiar with Big 10 personnel knew that Jordan Bohannon had no chance of guarding Marcus Carr.  That mismatch, and the fact that Iowa's defense is poor in general, made the Hawkeyes very vulnerable.