Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

4 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

MU is better than everyone thought.  Tilmon would absolutely dominate us if Has ever got in foul trouble or had to come out. But I still think we are the better team. They don’t have two guys that can put it in the bucket like perk and Jimerson. 

If Has were to get in foul trouble, Tilmon would have already been in foul trouble.  He definitely has struggled with that and tonight was a good example where he didn't do anything because they called everything.

I agree though, I wasn't overly impressed with either team.  Illinois seemed to go as Ayo goes.

Mizzou is better than people thought but then again it is filled with a bunch of 3 and 4 star recruits and finally will make the tournament after they played together for 4 years.  They only have 1 underclassmen that played any minutes tonight.  I thought Watson was going to be a good player but appear to be off on that one.  

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

If Has were to get in foul trouble, Tilmon would have already been in foul trouble.  He definitely has struggled with that and tonight was a good example where he didn't do anything because they called everything.

I agree though, I wasn't overly impressed with either team.  Illinois seemed to go as Ayo goes.

Mizzou is better than people thought but then again it is filled with a bunch of 3 and 4 star recruits and finally will make the tournament after they played together for 4 years.  They only have 1 underclassmen that played any minutes tonight.  I thought Watson was going to be a good player but appear to be off on that one.  

The box score is really strange. Mizzou turns it over more, rebounds more, and shoots worse. It looks like a rivalry game win. This game makes Illinois look bad. In either case, I agree that SLU would have beaten these teams tonight.

Mizzou does deserve a big pat on the back and will be ranked on Monday.

19 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

The box score is really strange. Mizzou turns it over more, rebounds more, and shoots worse. It looks like a rivalry game win. This game makes Illinois look bad. In either case, I agree that SLU would have beaten these teams tonight.

Mizzou does deserve a big pat on the back and will be ranked on Monday.

The difference was the free-throw shooting.

dennis_w likes this

11 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

I'm afraid Mizzou is going to leap frog us. Combination of a good win and we didn't play. Illinois is going to slide, but not out of the top 25... yet.

There's no afraid to it.  Missouri has two Q1 wins.  They'll probably be top 20.  The good news is that three of the five teams right behind us in "receiving votes" all lost this week.  We're in a good position going forward.  

37 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

There's no afraid to it.  Missouri has two Q1 wins.  They'll probably be top 20.  The good news is that three of the five teams right behind us in "receiving votes" all lost this week.  We're in a good position going forward.  

I think the bigger concern in terms of the polls is the missing game. Out of sight since Tuesday, out of mind for the voters.

4 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

I think the bigger concern in terms of the polls is the missing game. Out of sight since Tuesday, out of mind for the voters.

We've got one last crack at it before Monday.  If Richmond doesn't win on the road today vs. West Virginia, there's another top 25 spot open.  If Penn State beats Michigan, who's currently 26th in the AP and is slated to move up, that's another spot.

how the illini cant beat mi$$ouri with that talent is beyond me.    the illini has two likely first round picks.   the only players that could stop ayu and kofi were ayo and kofi.    the curbelo kid was doing a pretty good poor man's imitation of steve nash.   imo they were the three best players on the court.   

yet mi$$ouri could have beat them even worse if they hadnt had their cold streak.   give credit where due, the poacher did a good job getting the team ready.   and underwood did not.  

throughout the game i was stunned ayo didnt go on to the nba.   but then his fail in the last 2 minutes pretty much shows he has a lot to learn yet and likely why the nba told him to go back to college for a year.   but he will learn.   that is a star in the making.   and kofi, wow.   what a beast.   they are going to make a lot of money.  

i also enjoyed the dayton game.   and for those that dont like the game of crutcher, i think you are crazy.   is he a lottery pick?  probably not. but he is an nba player. 

thought blakney showed some guts with the big shot.   freshman who really hadnt stood out the entire game and then Bam!  a three to go to another ot!

dayton does not have the bigs to stay with ours.    we will beat dayton this year.   i am sure.  

missisippi state has some talent and as expected howland is building something.   imo that is good.  another team to beat mi$$ouri every year is fine with me.   

For those worrying about our ranking this week...don’t.

Next Sunday we play Minnesota on the road. Win that game and we are in the top 25 until we lose. If we lose vs Minnesota it won’t matter if we are 24 or 25 this week as we will be buried outside of the top 25 until mid January at the earliest.

slufanskip and RUBillsFan like this

12 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

MU is better than everyone thought.  Tilmon would absolutely dominate us if Has ever got in foul trouble or had to come out. But I still think we are the better team. They don’t have two guys that can put it in the bucket like perk and Jimerson. 

Would we be able to say the same thing about Has dominating them if (when) Tilmon gets in foul trouble?

13 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Bell could defend him. So could Linsen. Although they would give up some height, so could Thatch, Goodwin and Hargrove. Tilmon doesn’t tend to dominate anyone. When he was a senior and teammate of  sophomore Hargrove on East St Louis, Hargrove was the better player. 

billiken_roy and HenryB like this

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

For those worrying about our ranking this week...don’t.

Next Sunday we play Minnesota on the road. Win that game and we are in the top 25 until we lose. If we lose vs Minnesota it won’t matter if we are 24 or 25 this week as we will be buried outside of the top 25 until mid January at the earliest.

In a normal season with us operating with a normal recruiting plan, I wouldn’t worry about our ranking or lack of ranking. This isn’t a normal season and the staff has decided to go all in on spring signings.  

The earlier we get ranked the sooner we get on the radar of the seniors and potential transfers we want to lock up.  The sooner that happens the better your chances of having a chance with those kids get.

We are paying a huge price with the loss of the Orlando tournament.  That tournament happens with the original slate of teams and we would have been ranked for a couple of weeks now.  Plus, we would have been on ESPN three times.  Both things that would have helped immensely on the recruiting front.

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

We've got one last crack at it before Monday.  If Richmond doesn't win on the road today vs. West Virginia, there's another top 25 spot open.  If Penn State beats Michigan, who's currently 26th in the AP and is slated to move up, that's another spot.

I'm not so sure that a loss today on the road against #11 will drop Richmond out of the top 25, especially if it's close.  

Hey guys, I’m not trying to be argumentative. I realize how much it means to be ranked (for a number of reasons). And I want us to be ranked as much as anybody. I think we deserve it. But at the same time, our goal shouldn’t be to be ranked on December 14th. If we make a Sweet-16 run (and beyond) this spring, will anybody even remember if we were ranked on Monday? Every week we go unranked makes us hungrier, makes that chip on our shoulders a little bit bigger and therefore, makes us that much more dangerous. We just gotta keep winning games until we’re impossible to ignore. We’ll get there. I’m not worried about it at all.

13 minutes ago, MichaelC said:

I'm not so sure that a loss today on the road against #11 will drop Richmond out of the top 25, especially if it's close.  

Down 22 with a minute to play in the first half. Getting dominated at both ends of the court. 

9 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Down 22 with a minute to play in the first half. Getting dominated at both ends of the court. 

LOL, I know, as soon as I posted Richmond started having all kinds of problems with WVs pressure defense. They played really poorly that last 5 minutes. 

15 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Glancing at the box score suggests they will come back, end up down 10.

I'm legitimately confused by this. Spiders getting dumped on. They're a nice team, against certain teams they will be a very tough game, and they play nice offense. But they're small, not athletic, and not deep. Without Sherrod they're not a good shooting team. 

WVU is treating Richmond like a JV team. For the life of me I can't believe why writers didn't move Richmond down a notch after losing Sherrod. 

CBFan and AGB91 like this

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

how the illini cant beat mi$$ouri with that talent is beyond me.    the illini has two likely first round picks.   the only players that could stop ayu and kofi were ayo and kofi.    the curbelo kid was doing a pretty good poor man's imitation of steve nash.   imo they were the three best players on the court.   

yet mi$$ouri could have beat them even worse if they hadnt had their cold streak.   give credit where due, the poacher did a good job getting the team ready.   and underwood did not.  

throughout the game i was stunned ayo didnt go on to the nba.   but then his fail in the last 2 minutes pretty much shows he has a lot to learn yet and likely why the nba told him to go back to college for a year.   but he will learn.   that is a star in the making.   and kofi, wow.   what a beast.   they are going to make a lot of money.  

for sure. NCAA a giant farm system which cost nba nothing.

9 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

I'm legitimately confused by this. Spiders getting dumped on. They're a nice team, against certain teams they will be a very tough game, and they play nice offense. But they're small, not athletic, and not deep. Without Sherrod they're not a good shooting team. 

WVU is treating Richmond like a JV team. For the life of me I can't believe why writers didn't move Richmond down a notch after losing Sherrod. 

Losing Sherrod was a huge loss for a team that was not deep and unfortunately I felt Richmond was overrated and would  get exposed and they are right now.

The Billikens exposed Richmond last season at Richmond and this Richmond team is minus Sherrod so I never understood the love for Richmond until Richmond did something just like the experts are waiting for the Billikens to do even though the Billikens have a top 50 win.

Crewsorlose and HenryB like this