Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Scum cal still a terrible  coach.  Great recruiter  (by whatever means) but no coach.

I disagree with the theme that Cal is a great recruiter bad coach. I don’t care what your talent is taking a new team almost every year and making them competitive is good coaching. I bet this group will be competitive by tournament time. 

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, willie said:

I disagree with the theme that Cal is a great recruiter bad coach. I don’t care what your talent is taking a new team almost every year and making them competitive is good coaching. I bet this group will be competitive by tournament time. 

They are down 1

17 minutes ago, almaman said:

he almost won. I just assumed he has his usual bushel of HS all Americans is that not the case this year?

Cal hasn't had to do much teaching since his UMass days.  Since he's gone the one and done route, there's usually at least one guard that is a serious matchup problem.  That makes offense easier for everybody else.  That guard may not exist on the roster this year.  They've got some really tall guards but none of them is a consistent outside threat.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I don’t have a problem with the foul on Cockburn, but the flagrant was just a joke 

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with the foul either,  should have waved off the bucket and called it a common foul but since they missed it and Cockburn scored, they called it a flagrant.  

brianstl likes this

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The Illini with that much talent had no business losing that game.  Mizzou is better than last season, but that is two years in a row that Underwood’s team has had a distinct talent advantage and managed to lose.

Ayo was pressing mightily those last two minutes as thoughts of leaving the Bragging Rights series winless danced in his head.  In hindsight, they would have been better off letting Curbelo call the shots at the end.  He's got eyes in the back of his head.

9 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Ayo was pressing mightily those last two minutes as thoughts of leaving the Bragging Rights series winless danced in his head.  In hindsight, they would have better off letting Curbelo call the shots at the end.  He's got eyes in the back of his head.

I don’t know, I think the Illini ultimately lost the game in the first 25 minutes when they let Mizzou set the pace and they didn’t pound the ball inside to Cockburn to take advantage of limited minutes Tilmon was able to play.  I sometimes wonder about Underwood.

billiken_roy likes this

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I don’t know, I think the Illini ultimately lost the game in the first 25 minutes when they let Mizzou set the pace, didn’t pound the ball inside to Cockburn to take advantage of limited minutes Tilmon was able to play.  I sometimes wonder about Underwood.

Well, there's also the business of  allowing 49 points in the first half.  That's not championship defense.  Man up, Illini.

brianstl likes this

9 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

MU is better than everyone thought.  Tilmon would absolutely dominate us if Has ever got in foul trouble or had to come out. But I still think we are the better team. They don’t have two guys that can put it in the bucket like perk and Jimerson. 

That’s the thing though - tilmon can’t stay out of foul trouble. Makes Has look like he’s never fouled before