Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I had this exact thought. Except mike Shannon smoking the finest weed. 

Mike Shannon perpetually sounds like I sounded after a long night of penny pitchers!

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I had this exact thought. Except mike Shannon smoking the finest weed. 

Entire 1/2 innings have passed and Mike Shannon never mentioned the game. From the 1st day I arrived in St. Louis, I've never understood the love

6 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Entire 1/2 innings have passed and Mike Shannon never mentioned the game. From the 1st day I arrived in St. Louis, I've never understood the love

It had to be local love for a local kid who had his career cut short. His has always sucked especially after we had the best duo in history going into his tenure. Figures he's going to last like a Larry King to me it all starts with the voice Like him or not don't really like Walton's voice so not excited to have him announce. 

I realize this is Oregon’s first game but they have to have a dozen turnovers already in the first half against Those We Don’t Speak Of From Columbia. The vast majority of those are just totally lazy passes that look almost as if they’re intentionally throwing it to the defender.

8 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I realize this is Oregon’s first game but they have to have a dozen turnovers already in the first half against Those We Don’t Speak Of From Columbia. The vast majority of those are just totally lazy passes that look almost as if they’re intentionally throwing it to the defender.

Believe it or not they only have 7 but those 7 have led to 11 points (would be 13 if not for a blown break away layup), Oregon is fortunate to not be down 20. 

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

Will Richardson, Oregon's point guard and preseason all-Pac-12 first team selection, is out 6 weeks with a thumb injury.  

On 12/2/2020 at 6:50 PM, slufanskip said:

I stopped liking him after a game in April a few years back he was complaining about lack of attendance even though it was a school night. He went on to say something about how his grandson or nephew even makes it to a game once a year on a school night. I was like, ok? Didn't say anything about the kids age or nothing, just left it out there to dry. 

12 hours ago, MichaelC said:

Was hoping the Florida-BC game would be a good one and it's not, Florida up 20 at the half, I guess they shook off all of the rust in their first game. 

Tis the season of pulling for random teams for down the line.  Need a good Florida team for LSU to beat. 

1 hour ago, Zink said:

@The Wiz any thoughts on the WIsconsin - Marquette line? Started at WI -3.5 and is moving, but that still seems like a steal for the #4 team in the country... what are the voters missing that the bookies are seeing here?

Looks like a good bet.

I am showing Marq ( A )  over Wisc  (A+ ) by 1 ....Marq has a 51.5 % chance of winning.

What makes it even trickier is I have only 38% of the data in (each team has played 3 games).

Should be a great game....many lead changes...possible OT.

Zink likes this

1 hour ago, Zink said:

@The Wiz any thoughts on the WIsconsin - Marquette line? Started at WI -3.5 and is moving, but that still seems like a steal for the #4 team in the country... what are the voters missing that the bookies are seeing here?

There were actually a few early lines that were WI minus 8 according to sports gambler friends of mine.(I am not a sports gambler) Then there was a 4.5, 4, 3.5 etc...Ken Pom has it as a one point game. Who knows? Probably tempting for many UW bettors to give the 3.5. 

Big rivalry game that could go either way every season. 

Zink likes this

15 minutes ago, Zink said:

How frequently are top 5 teams underdogs against unranked teams? Again, this line seemed weird from the get go. Wisconsin seems overrated, but Marquette looked terrible vs OK St. 

College hoops is a game of matchups. Marquette dominates the first half at times with double digit lead. Then Oklahoma St. went zone and Marquette had no answer, few if any adjustments for it in game. They went from a half time lead to struggling quite a bit in the 2nd half.

Oklahoma St. presented quick, fast, zone trapping with lots of length. It worked well for them at a needed time when the game was getting out of hand the other way. Marquette defended well, but their 2nd half offense in that game was bad.

Wisconsin historically doesn't play zone, and has a much different team that presents much different challenges. Marquette still has enough talent and ability to bounce back in a different game. But they'll have to play better in a quick turnaround. i don't think their COVID-19 timeout helped them either. We'll seem They'll need better guard play from Carton and Torrence. Garcia will likely be signficantly better.

No result of this game would surprise me either way. 

Zink likes this

3 hours ago, Zink said:

How frequently are top 5 teams underdogs against unranked teams? Again, this line seemed weird from the get go. Wisconsin seems overrated, but Marquette looked terrible vs OK St. 

More in the first 8 games of the season than the last 8 games of the season.

Zink likes this

WIsconsin - Marquette  <Big rivalry game that could go either way every season. >

Boy that sounds fun. What a natural thing, kind of like blue chip Kentucky and conference climbing Louisville our old label mates if you will. Lets see what do they have in common? both match the eponymous biggest school in the state vs private school that is in the largest city in said state. If only we had such a.......

Zink and HoosierPal like this