Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Murray St put up 173 points today against Greenville.  Greenville scored 95 and still lost by 88 points.

WTF.

How did this happen? Were they just crossing center court and jacking it up?

Pressing and running and gunning the entire time?

Thats crazy.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, dlarry said:

WTF.

Thats crazy.

Basically. Greenville is a D3 team known for shooting within a few seconds of getting the ball. For perspective, Greenville shot 74 3s against Murray State.

9 minutes ago, dlarry said:

WTF.

Thats crazy.

IIRC Greenville basketball “strategy” is predicated on setting scoring records pretty much regardless of the outcome.  Greenville shoots early in the clock, sells out on pressing & trying to force turnovers, cherry-picks on offense often at the expense of giving up easy buckets, etc.

Murray State turned the ball over 22 times, but shot 73% from the floor (on over 100 attempts!) just 13 threes attempted.  They had 10 guys score in double digits.  Greenville meanwhile attempted 74 three pointers.

8 hours ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Basically. Greenville is a D3 team known for shooting within a few seconds of getting the ball. For perspective, Greenville shot 74 3s against Murray State.

7 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

IIRC Greenville basketball “strategy” is predicated on setting scoring records pretty much regardless of the outcome.  Greenville shoots early in the clock, sells out on pressing & trying to force turnovers, cherry-picks on offense often at the expense of giving up easy buckets, etc.

Murray State turned the ball over 22 times, but shot 73% from the floor (on over 100 attempts!) just 13 threes attempted.  They had 10 guys score in double digits.  Greenville meanwhile attempted 74 three pointers.

Thank you.

I have seen clips of that school before but didn’t realize that’s who Murray state was playing.

I don't think Toppin will do well at UK.  Obi would have never developed the way he did without playing time and ditto Jacob.  Jacob Toppin will likely be buried on the UK bench year after year what with four- and five-star kids coming in and taking playing time away from him.  He was okay in the A10 with promise.  Now, not so much.  Obi developed because he was a guard in a big body, took a red shirt year and devloped in a league short of talented big men who could cover him.  The Toppins remind me of when Kostas Antenwhatever went to Dayton and they all thought he'd be Giannis II.  Didn't pan out and neither will UK for Toppin IMHO.

5 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I don't think Toppin will do well at UK.  Obi would have never developed the way he did without playing time and ditto Jacob.  Jacob Toppin will likely be buried on the UK bench year after year what with four- and five-star kids coming in and taking playing time away from him.  He was okay in the A10 with promise.  Now, not so much.  Obi developed because he was a guard in a big body, took a red shirt year and devloped in a league short of talented big men who could cover him.  The Toppins remind me of when Kostas Antenwhatever went to Dayton and they all thought he'd be Giannis II.  Didn't pan out and neither will UK for Toppin IMHO.

I agree with all of this. But I don’t think Kostas is too upset. He’s probably shining his NBA championship ring as I type this 

Davidson gives ranked Texas a scare.  78-76.  I didn't watch the game but I'm expecting more of the same from Shaka Smart this season highly rated recruits, great athletes (including another 1 and done Greg Brown),  playing inconsistent and looking out of synch some games losing to teams they shouldn't.  I hope I'm wrong but I'm not too optimistic. 

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Davidson gives ranked Texas a scare.  78-76.  I didn't watch the game but I'm expecting more of the same from Shaka Smart this season highly rated recruits, great athletes (including another 1 and done Greg Brown),  playing inconsistent and looking out of synch some games losing to teams they shouldn't.  I hope I'm wrong but I'm not too optimistic. 

I wasn't overly impressed with Texas (they do have some great athletes) but I thought Davidson actually played really well and their deliberate style clearly frustrated Texas at times. We'll see how they do against teams that can match their athleticism. 

3 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I haven’t watched him much at Texas.  So maybe he’s changed his coaching.  But he’s kind of like Mike Anderson.  Their systems will win some games.  But when the go up against teams that are experienced or have really good guard play they are just an average team.  

Kentucky loses again.  Maybe they aren't a Top 25 team.  J. Toppin seems to currently be in the rotation for the Wildcats.  He went 11 minutes last night and scored 6.  We will see how this plays out.  He had planned to sit out this season until the free year came out.

22 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Kentucky loses again.  Maybe they aren't a Top 25 team.  J. Toppin seems to currently be in the rotation for the Wildcats.  He went 11 minutes last night and scored 6.  We will see how this plays out.  He had planned to sit out this season until the free year came out.

KY will be a top team by the end of the season.  They are basically playing freshmen who are still adjusting to D1

14 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

KY will be a top team by the end of the season.  They are basically playing freshmen who are still adjusting to D1

I would like SLU to play them early in the season to pick up a quality win because as you stated by the end of the season KY will be a top team.