Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MichaelC said:

I'd be surprised if they're not after a double digit win against a top 10 team. Good win for them, great win for the A-10. That and SLUs win against LSU should raise the profile of the league a bit. 

Can we get a game against Tennessee now? Would be nice for the A10 to take out the top 3 in the SEC. 

UR will be a challenge for us and this win will get more respect from media and voters than our win over LSU.  Nice comment by the announcers about the SLU - UR games this year and two teams to keep your eye on in March-SLU and UR of the A 10.

These two wins, yesterday and today, should get the A 10 quite a boost in national respect.

UR gonna knock off UK. Rupp has fans. Not their usual 25k but fans none the less. I can understand St. Louis not wanting fans. But you’d think if we could have 3k it would be ok. 
Announcers said they hope they get to call both UR v SLU games saying should be great games. Good win for UR. By the way I never heard Fletcher’s name mentioned. Although he started for UK. 

15 minutes ago, slu72 said:

UR gonna knock off UK. Rupp has fans. Not their usual 25k but fans none the less. I can understand St. Louis not wanting fans. But you’d think if we could have 3k it would be ok. 
Announcers said they hope they get to call both UR v SLU games saying should be great games. Good win for UR. By the way I never heard Fletcher’s name mentioned. Although he started for UK. 

I dont think Fletcher started. Dykes mentioned that he was impressed with him the previous game.

19 minutes ago, slu72 said:

we will have fans by January.  The uncertainty coming out of Thanksgiving is too soon, I do not know what it is like in Kentuck but it is as bad as it has ever been here in Metropolitan St. Louis.

55 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

What are the chances UK is still ranked higher than Richmond?

It'll be close but I think Richmond will be ranked in the top 20 next week, with Kentucky ranked just below them.  That was a dominant win versus one of the blue bloods of college basketball.  Granted the young Wildcats are not as good as they will be in March, but brand recognition matters.

As previously mentioned UK always (last few years) shaky early season with all the one and dones but Cal has them clicking by the tournament time (usually).

A10 > SEC hope they forget about that and we can still get some games next year.  Too bad we're not getting Auburn, they should be down this year so it was smart to self-impose that post season ban.

I hope coach really impresses on this team the importance of remaining COVID free and staying isolated.  Look at OSU football right now, might not get to be in B10 championship and out of National Championship if they can't get a few more games in.  Would be terrible to miss out on A10 tournament or NCAA due to not washing your hands properly.

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

It'll be close but I think Richmond will be ranked in the top 20 next week, with Kentucky ranked just below them.  That was a dominant win versus one of the blue bloods of college basketball.  Granted the young Wildcats are not as good as they will be in March, but brand recognition matters.

Jon Rothstein

@JonRothstein

· 4h

Richmond dominates Kentucky down the stretch at Rupp Arena. Experience > Talent. The Atlantic 10 should have two teams in the AP Top 25 on Monday.

Kentucky was terrible.  Five guys not knowing what the other was going to do.  Boston struck me as a punk.  Only Olivier Saar seemed to understand team basketball.  They were skill-light ----- Didn't make a three and were tossing bricks half the time at the foul line.  Experience truly trumped the hype.  The Richmond shooter kept shooting until he made a few (Francis).  Caliper stayed with his same six guys and they looked like strangers meeting on the court for the first time.  The UR bench did just enough to be useful.  I thought UK would go after Gilyard when he got a third foul but neither the UK kids understood how or Calipari Didn't coach it.  

Just was not impressed with UK so Richmond caught them flat-footed.  Good for the A10.  

26 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Kentucky was terrible.  Five guys not knowing what the other was going to do.  Boston struck me as a punk.  Only Olivier Saar seemed to understand team basketball.  They were skill-light ----- Didn't make a three and were tossing bricks half the time at the foul line.  Experience truly trumped the hype.  The Richmond shooter kept shooting until he made a few (Francis).  Caliper stayed with his same six guys and they looked like strangers meeting on the court for the first time.  The UR bench did just enough to be useful.  I thought UK would go after Gilyard when he got a third foul but neither the UK kids understood how or Calipari Didn't coach it.  

Just was not impressed with UK so Richmond caught them flat-footed.  Good for the A10.  

Because of the way they run their program Kentucky teams sometimes take a minute to gel under normal circumstances let alone a year with essentially no preseason. I'm not surprised that freshman guards struggled against seniors like Gilyard and Francis. If some combination of Quickley, Hagins and Maxey had returned this would be a different team but Richmond did what they had to do against the team UK put on the floor. 

Absolutely true MichaelC.  Agree with this and others making same observation.  I don't know for certain if Calipari was outcoached but he certainly Didn't seem inclined to change tactics or teach much.  Saar, Askew, Boston and Clarke all got 35+ minutes and Jackson got 25.  Fletcher started and got 15 but three others got 9, 2 and 2 (Toppin).  They shot 36/0/61 From 2/3/FT.  They had 21 offensive rebounds and at least 10 we're put back scores or it could have been worse.  Richmond outscored them by 21 from three.  Francis was  3-for-10 but he missed his first six or seven.  But like us Saturday, a veteran team did not fold.