Other NCAA D-1 Men's Basketball games on TV 2020-2021

almaman

9 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Penny is an AAU booster, not a coach. Wonder what his 18 signed players feel about this stellar beiginning?

I don’t know if Penny isn’t coach.  His teams play really good defense.  I mean top level in the country defense.  He needs someone on his staff to put in a system and to recruit some players to fix what they do offensively.  I don’t know what they have been trying to accomplish offensively besides turning the ball over way too much.

He is a newer coach who, if he doesn’t learn to delegate some and to adjust some on the recruiting trail, will be looking for a new job.  If he adjusts, he can be pretty successful. The clock is ticking.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Penny was a horrible game coach last night.  As the announcers said, his kids don't know their roles.  I agree.  His offensive scheme was typical of unschooled coaches --- get 4- and 5-star players, roll out a ball, and watch them win.  But that doesn't happen because other D1 schools play defense.

I thought VCU and Memphis were carbon copies ---- helter-skelter defense with uber-athletic guys with little offensive skills.  Both need schemes on offense to score.  Both had none.  Hyland and Williams were decent, especially Williams.  Hyland is a one-on-one player nothing more.  Ace Baldwin will make VCU better as he takes over the point.  Hasan Ward will be great later this year and next.  Curry remains out of control as was Jimmy Clark.  Douglas and Stockard bring size --- and that is all.  Both teams ride the emotions of defensive steals and breakaway dunks.  

St. Joe's is better because you can't be worse than 6 - 26.  They are deeper and more athletic but I said a while back they will play 5 out and look for the dribble drive.  Daly can finish but the others will have more kick out options with Funk, Longpre, Bishop and Forrest preferring the bomb over anything else.  

As for the Mitchell twins at URI, it's early but they seem more hype than substance.

Just switched on this Rich v UK game as Gilyard turned up.  Looking pretty good right now.

This is the year to go on the road and barnstorm as the crowd isn't a factor.  

almaman likes this

Not sure if this was stated in this thread yet. I caught 5 minutes of the KSU v Colorado game. Davion Bradford was in and was the best KSU player. He looks awesome. I thought KSU would win. Instead, they lost by 20. I looked at the box score and Bradford played 8 minutes. 

if KSU players Weber out of Manhattan, I would love Bradford as a transfer.

9 minutes ago, slu72 said:

UR up by 10 over UK 4:30 left. UR looking tough at the Rupp. If they hang on good chance they’ll be ranked come Monday. 

I'd be surprised if they're not after a double digit win against a top 10 team. Good win for them, great win for the A-10. That and SLUs win against LSU should raise the profile of the league a bit. 

3star_recruit likes this