Around the A10 20-21 season

brianstl

4 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

Lol. This is hilarious. Imagine bragging about beating a Dayton team that’s already lost to Fordham. And comparing this year’s SLU team to last year’s SLU team is asinine and pointless. None of Thatch, Linssen or Jimerson were active in those games last year. Just stop.

Where did I brag about beating Dayton? Just by saying VCU looked good? VCU also lost to Fordham, but made the NCAAT the same season. Ish happens.

Wait, did you mean the same Dayton that just beat SLU? Oh crap, here come the "rust" excuses. I guess Dayton is more than one or two guys, huh? But anyone who actually knows basketball wouldn't say that.

French looks like he enjoyed his extended break.

Who are Thatch and Linssen? Are they part of the hyped and fake "depth" who will be on the bench while the starters play 39 minutes at VCU?

Here's a brag: Dayton led SLU almost the entire game, and never trailed. They never led VCU. Crutcher had 4 points. Freshman Ace Baldwin shut him down. VCU took his soul and he checked out early, which is what needs to happen with Goodwin.

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

It must suck being lquarels.

It must suck being dumb and incapable of saying something intelligent. 

3 hours ago, slufanskip said:

We scored 80 on you. So if you held us to some ice cold shooting stretches, we must have been on fire during the rest of the game. Lucky you were good for at least a few stretches though as without those moments of tough D by your team  we'd have dropped triple digits on you. 

BTW ... just to refresh your memory we shot 58% in the 1st half and 56% in the 2nd. Yep, it always sucks when facts get in the way of a nice story. 

I'm guessing you didn't watch the game. Yes, SLU went through some ice cold stretches (check the play by play on ESPN), and indeed caught fire when VCU couldn't get out of their own way at the same time, for too long. Yes, SLU took advantage with big runs, but so did almost every other team at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

why are you upset that a fellow conference member is ranked.  It only helps vcu, and you want vcu to shine, right? 

I think it's silly to keep a team ranked for five weeks when they aren't playing, especially after a loss. But the AP is a silly poll anyway, the rankings to care about are the NET, KP, etc. 

Good luck at going 1-6 at the Stu, guys. Don't jump me again, I'm scared! Peace!

An A-10 fan likes this

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We let dayton control tempo entire  game.

We didn't use our deeper bench

3 pointer difference was obscene

Crutcher turned into steph curry

lquarles likes this

18 hours ago, lquarles said:

Where did I brag about beating Dayton? Just by saying VCU looked good? VCU also lost to Fordham, but made the NCAAT the same season. Ish happens.

Wait, did you mean the same Dayton that just beat SLU? Oh crap, here come the "rust" excuses. I guess Dayton is more than one or two guys, huh? But anyone who actually knows basketball wouldn't say that.

Who are Thatch and Linssen? Are they part of the hyped and fake "depth" who will be on the bench while the starters play 39 minutes at VCU?

Here's a brag: Dayton led SLU almost the entire game, and never trailed. They never led VCU. Crutcher had 4 points. Freshman Ace Baldwin shut him down. VCU took his soul and he checked out early, which is what needs to happen with Goodwin.

It must suck being dumb and incapable of saying something intelligent. 

I'm guessing you didn't watch the game. Yes, SLU went through some ice cold stretches (check the play by play on ESPN), and indeed caught fire when VCU couldn't get out of their own way at the same time, for too long. Yes, SLU took advantage with big runs, but so did almost every other team at the end of the season.

I think it's silly to keep a team ranked for five weeks when they aren't playing, especially after a loss. But the AP is a silly poll anyway, the rankings to care about are the NET, KP, etc. 

Good luck at going 1-6 at the Stu, guys. Don't jump me again, I'm scared! Peace!

Imagine going on another team’s message board, unprovoked, and talking $h!t when we don’t play VCU for another month. Get a life. Jesus. 

Looking at LaSalle (or Fordham or GW), if we play next week.

Anticipating a game next week, and looking at the A10 schedule, the only current non-paused team that doesn't play on Tuesday-Thursday next week is LaSalle.  The Explorers are off all that week as are the Bills.  UMass is paused and they are scheduled to host Fordham, so do we jump in there if UMass is not back?

With Davidson paused, and GW still paused, LaSalle is the only candidate - unless or until someone else gets paused or the A10 decides to pull games from teams and/or switch opponents.  We missed an away game with LaSalle.

If GW is back by this weekend, they would become a candidate for a Tuesday the 2nd  or Wednesday the 3rd game.  They are not scheduled for next week.  We are to play at GW on Saturday Feb 6, so an option would be a twofer on that weekend. 

31 minutes ago, lquarles said:

@Reinert310imagine having no reading comprehension. Someone literally copied my post on VCURN and pasted it here, and replied to it. That's not provoking? Idiot. 

you follow our board that close?  wow we are in your head.   

22 hours ago, lquarles said:

At the risk of getting banned from this board, I basically agree with you.  SLU has a good team, and it's great to see they have a strong fan base of enthusiastic fans, but some of the comments I have been reading here all season have been getting ahead of things.  Some of these posters sound like all their team has to do is show up.   What particularly irks me is some of them keep harping on the fact that their team has far more depth than VCU, Richmond, Davidson, Dayton and the Bonnies.  So what? Only 5 can play at one time? All of these teams have more depth than SLU fans think.   I pull hard for all the teams in the league in OOC games, but this season has been unusual due to a lack of these games for obvious reasons.  Despite their loss to Dayton, SLU should have a solid season but if they think their team is like the Dayton of last year and should blow out the rest of the league, they are mistaken. If SLU goes 13-5 in the league, consider it a good season.  This should put them in good shape for the NCAA.  Also, a handful of these posters have had quite a few unfavorable things to say about Duquesne (who has beaten their team a few times in recent years which for some reason bothers them more than it should).  The Dukes have had a rough season for 2 big reasons. 1) three returning starters never had their hearts in the game and  eventually left the team. 2) Also,

the team was shut down for Covid reasons twice (once for 2 weeks in the preseason) and from Dec. 2 to Jan. 2 in the regular season. One more thing, someone claims the Dukes will suck once their seniors leave.  There will be an adjustment period, but Dambrot has by far the best freshman class he has recruited in his 4 years at Duquesne and they are starting to play more and more as the season progresses.

42 minutes ago, lquarles said:

Ever heard of this new invention called... notifications? I was tagged in the pasted post. Come up with something original.

Dayton is in SLU's head. 

no different.   you are so worried about the billikens you came here and took the time to set up a notification?   you are pitiful  but like i said before kind of neat to know we are in your head that badly.   face it buddy the golden shaka days are a thing of the past.  

14 minutes ago, lquarles said:

@brianstlat least I have a family. 

If you cared about them you would quit embarrassing them.  

Teacher: Johnny what does your dad do with his free time?  

Johnny Q: He goes all ballistic about what people post on the message boards of other teams in the conference.

Teacher: Johnny, your dad is a loser.

44 minutes ago, lquarles said:

@brianstlat least I have a family. 

Are you a middle schooler? Why do you care so much? Honest to God. Why do you care? Why are you still here? Do you honestly not have anything better to do? It’s one thing to look another team’s message board, it’s another thing entirely to flood that other team’s message board with BS. Seriously, you have way too much time on your hands. VCU basketball is NOT that important. Get a hobby. Build model airplanes. I’m sure there’s something you can find to do that is more productive than this. 

brianstl and billiken_roy like this

3 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Are you a middle schooler? Why do you care so much? Honest to God. Why do you care? Why are you still here? Do you honestly not have anything better to do? It’s one thing to look another team’s message board, it’s another thing entirely to flood that other team’s message board with BS. Seriously, you have way too much time on your hands. VCU basketball is NOT that important. Get a hobby. Build model airplanes. I’m sure there’s something you can find to do that is more productive than this. 

I can respect a good trolling of a teams message board, but lquarles isn’t trolling.  It is just a sad anger.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I can respect a good trolling of a teams message board, but lquarles isn’t trolling.  It is just a sad anger.

It’s not trolling when we don’t play VCU for a month. You’re right. It’s sad and pointless. What exactly is he trying to accomplish? To bother us a month before the game? Why? What’s the endgame? What a complete waste of time. Seriously, if he takes it THIS seriously, maybe @lquarlesshould take a step back from sports and get into yoga and meditation...or just take a damn Xanax. This is BEYOND overkill. 

22 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I came peacefully and made THREE posts about BASKETBALL in a thread about ALL THE CONFERENCE TEAMS. Y'all attacked me personally because you don't know crap about basketball, and you are a trashy, disrespectful bunch of internet idiots with no home training, and wouldn't say sh1t to my face. So I'm going to reply and defend myself. I know how to do something called MULTITASK. Google it. So I'm going to reply. Don't like it? Don't reply to me. Put me on ignore. Stop caring so much, like, why do YOU care? Still don't like it? Ban me, and GFY. 

An A-10 fan likes this

1 minute ago, lquarles said:

I came peacefully and made THREE posts about BASKETBALL in a thread about ALL THE CONFERENCE TEAMS. Y'all attacked me personally because you don't know crap about basketball, and you are a trashy, disrespectful bunch of internet idiots with no home training, and wouldn't say sh1t to my face. So I'm going to reply and defend myself. I know how to do something called MULTITASK. Google it. So I'm going to reply. Don't like it? Don't reply to me. Put me on ignore. Still don't like it? Ban me, and GFY. 

Come to a game at Chaifetz, and I guarantee you, I will tell you EXACTLY what I think while I’m looking you right in the eyes. DM me where you’re sitting and I’ll meet you there. This is pathetic.  It’s college basketball. I’ll say it again. GET A LIFE!

12 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Come to a game at Chaifetz, and I guarantee you, I will tell you EXACTLY what I think while I’m looking you right in the eyes. DM me where you’re sitting and I’ll meet you there. This is pathetic.  It’s college basketball. I’ll say it again. GET A LIFE!

You came at me, village dumbfck. Stop your projection. Don't know what projection is either? Google that. How about YOU stop caring and YOU get a life? See you at Chaifetz next year, if you're not too pussyy to come to the Stu next month.

4 minutes ago, lquarles said:

You came at me, village dumbfck. Stop your projection. Don't know what projection is either? Google that. How about YOU stop caring and YOU get a life? See you at Chaifetz next year, if you're not too pussyy to come to the Stu next month.

You know where to find me. I won’t hold me breath. You done with your little temper tantrum now?

29 minutes ago, lquarles said:

I came peacefully and made THREE posts about BASKETBALL in a thread about ALL THE CONFERENCE TEAMS. Y'all attacked me personally because you don't know crap about basketball, and you are a trashy, disrespectful bunch of internet idiots with no home training, and wouldn't say sh1t to my face. So I'm going to reply and defend myself. I know how to do something called MULTITASK. Google it. So I'm going to reply. Don't like it? Don't reply to me. Put me on ignore. Stop caring so much, like, why do YOU care? Still don't like it? Ban me, and GFY. 

Another good post Iquaries.  I had a similar experience last season when I came on the A-10 thread of this board after SLU lost what I described as an entertaining game to Dayton at home. I really enjoyed that game as an impartial observer.  I was just there to say that SLU giving top-5 Dayton a great game benefited the rest of the conference, and SLU in particular. But  I got slammed by someone who was in no mood to hear from an "outsider" who, although a fan of the whole league, does have a preference for his hometown team (Duquesne).  Some of the regulars on here talk about their support of the league because that's a good thing for their particular team (and it is).   I suppose that's why they have a thread like this (which is the only one I post to on here)  But when push comes to shove during the conference season, that "support" for the league goes out the window and some of them see SLU as the only program with legit NCAA aspirations and they often trash the other conference teams.  Duquesne has been on the rise in recent years but suffered a major setback due to the pandemic that made it worse for the Dukes more than any other A-10 team. The pandemic pushed back the completion of their 50 million dollar renovation of their arena.  Try keeping team unity for 2 seasons without a proper place to practice or workout, or have "home games" consist of 40-minute bus rides across town. Add 3 defections from the roster (partly fueled by the team's nomadic existence) and it's a miracle Duquesne is 5-6.  A couple SLU fans have a habit of trashing Duquesne. Someone said they were no better than Fordham. Another said they are going to suck once their seniors are done not realizing that the freshmen are potentially more talented, evidenced by the blowout win at Fordham when the freshman scored over half of their 86 points.

4 minutes ago, An A-10 fan said:

Another good post Iquaries.  I had a similar experience last season when I came on the A-10 thread of this board after SLU lost what I described as an entertaining game to Dayton at home. I really enjoyed that game as an impartial observer.  I was just there to say that SLU giving top-5 Dayton a great game benefited the rest of the conference, and SLU in particular. But  I got slammed by someone who was in no mood to hear from an "outsider" who, although a fan of the whole league, does have a preference for his hometown team (Duquesne).  Some of the regulars on here talk about their support of the league because that's a good thing for their particular team (and it is).   I suppose that's why they have a thread like this (which is the only one I post to on here)  But when push comes to shove during the conference season, that "support" for the league goes out the window and some of them see SLU as the only program with legit NCAA aspirations and they often trash the other conference teams.  Duquesne has been on the rise in recent years but suffered a major setback due to the pandemic that made it worse for the Dukes more than any other A-10 team. The pandemic pushed back the completion of their 50 million dollar renovation of their arena.  Try keeping team unity for 2 seasons without a proper place to practice or workout, or have "home games" consist of 40-minute push rides across town. Add 3 defections from the roster (partly fueled by the team's nomadic existence) and it's a miracle Duquesne is 5-6.  

If you think message board is hostile to outsiders, I highly encourage you to post on boards of other schools, even within the A10 conference, but specifically teams in the power 6. Go on some of those boards and compare and contrast. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the subject afterwards.

1 minute ago, lquarles said:

That's what I thought. 🗣️ I said what I said! Again, you won't say sh1t to my face. Go back to hiding and STFU.

Like I said, DM when you know where sitting at Chaifetz. Are you done now?